Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What is Grim Fango?

Page: 1 of 1
 Reclaimer
08-30-2003, 11:14 AM
So what is it? What type of game is it?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I'm not new I just was yoinked off mu post count for a whilr thats all.
 pleto4_ryan
08-30-2003, 12:40 PM
well, actually this is the worst place to ask something like that. Everyone will tell you it is a perfect fascinating incridible game and that you have to play it....

Better here the reviewers ;)

Gamespot's (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/grimfandango/index.html)

Grim Fandango is an adventure game(plot riddles, character talks etc), same as the previous adventures mama Lucasarts has made. It does use a new engine thus making the control thoughout the keyboard and not the mouse.
the story is taking place in the land of the dead...(and better check the review ;) )
 Reclaimer
08-30-2003, 1:00 PM
Thanks!
 Bushmeister
08-30-2003, 4:26 PM
Here's something which expresses the more fanboyish view of the game, quoted from UK publication PCGamer:

"We like two main things in our adventures: intelligence and humour. Grim Fandango has both of those in spades. You enter the deadpan film noir worl of Manny Calavera, an agent in th land of the dead. Possibly the only LucasArts title possessing creative genius [contraversial], this weird and unforgettable gaming experience will undoubtedly remain exalted in the annals of PC gaming as long as there are PCs, and gaming."
 Dawidos
09-02-2003, 8:33 PM
Grim Fandango is the best adventure game and amazing production from Lucasarts. Game was rated very well , it has a many positive reviews in USA , British and my country (Poland). Action take place in the Land of the Dead - eighth Underworld. Our hero , Manny Calavera is travel agent working in Department of Dead. He sells travel packets for customers to Ninth Underworld - place similar to our paradize. If soul was very good for her live , may get there in 4 minutes. Methods are different. Soul may travel by train ( 4 minutes) , ship or fast car. If she had a bad sins in life journey continues by four years. But Manny find out coruption in Departemnt of the Dead. Althought,soul named Mercedes Colomar was very good for her life , there isn't ticket for her. You must find out conspiracy. Grim Fandango has interesting story and puzzles. Its graphics is styled on Aztecs Art and music on mexican songs.

PS. Sorry about my English. I tried write this text very well, so I'm sorry for my mistakes.
Page: 1 of 1