Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Olmec Valley

Page: 1 of 1
 hornplayer
11-02-2000, 7:38 AM
After you extend the second bridge, the Soviets arrive and you have to run back to the waterfall and mow everybody down. If you stand on the grass below and look up, there is a wide ledge above and a bit to the left of the grassy ramp you came down in the beginning of the level. There was a Soviet on that ledge that you shot and now there are goodies lying up there. But how do you get there???????
 satch123
11-03-2000, 4:47 PM
Go back to the waterfall where you started this level. Kill as many Soviets as you can from the ground. Then go to the right of the falls to the incline. Go up the incline to a vine covered cave. Cut the vines and climb the ledges to the top, killing guards as you go. You should be able to get all the goodies.
 hornplayer
11-05-2000, 11:48 PM
If I stand below looking at the falls, the incline is to the left of the falls. This is also the vine-covered cave where I exited from the falls at the very beginning of the game. I see no other vine-covered cave on either side of the falls. The ledge I'm looking at is directly above this vine-covered cave and is to the left of the falls as you are looking at them from the ground. What am I missing?
 satch123
11-06-2000, 5:10 PM
Sorry Hornblower, I meant left of the falls. I think this is another vine covered cave. Once you find it, you can return all the way to the top, killing guards and getting the goodies as you go. I'll replay the level to make sure I'm giving you the right directions.
 satch123
11-06-2000, 5:51 PM
I replayed the level and was able to get all the goodies except the two solders on the bluff with the rifles. If I got them before, O don't remember now how I did it.
 hornplayer
11-06-2000, 6:42 PM
OH NO! YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER!!!! <g> This is driving me crazy. When you look hard to the right as you're coming down the ledges to the vine-covered cave, you can see the darn ledge AND an opening above it. Why can't Indy fly?!?!
 satch123
11-06-2000, 10:40 PM
I replayed the level again and even got a walkthrough but could not get the goodies from the guards on the cliff.
 satch123
11-15-2000, 6:39 PM
I just played this level again. I still didn't get all the goodies, but when I shot one of the guards on the bluff after lowering the second bridge, his gun slid down the bluff abd I was able to pick it up. Maybe that's the answer.
Page: 1 of 1