Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

VCR Alert

Page: 1 of 1
 Grey
08-26-2003, 4:58 AM
If you're in the U.S. and curious to see the acting talent of the two men who voiced Manny and Glottis, you'll have four chances in the next two weeks.

On Aug 27, Tony Plana can be seen in an episode of Seinfeld on TBS. Coincidentally, he plays a character named "Manny".

On Sept 8, Alan Blumenfeld can be seen in Episodes of ER (TNT), Family Ties (Nickelodeon), and Roseanne (TBS).
 Sallim
08-26-2003, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the info Grey, Iam living in Ergmay, but if you can tell me the episodes name of Seinfeld, I could search for it =)

I dont know the voices of Grim are so famous !

Cioa Arthur
 Dawidos
08-26-2003, 12:28 PM
I live in Poland , so I won't see that show.
 Grey
08-26-2003, 4:38 PM
Originally posted by Sallim
if you can tell me the episodes name of Seinfeld, I could search for it

The Seinfeld episode is named "The Apartment".

The others, in case anyone wants to know:

ER, "Split Second"
Family Ties, "Lady Sings the Blues"
Roseanne, "Five of a Kind"
 Grey
08-26-2003, 4:45 PM
Originally posted by Sallim
I dont know the voices of Grim are so famous!

Almost all of them have some sort of acting experience.

You can see their credits here: http://us.imdb.com/Title?0177822)
 Thrik
08-27-2003, 8:31 AM
It's on tonight then? Bah, I'm in the UK. Any chance that someone from the US could record the episode and upload it for us? :P
 Sallim
08-27-2003, 5:18 PM
Thanks Grey =) Noticed all down.

Yeah is there any chance to get this epiosdes recordeg from someone in us? =)
 Grey
08-27-2003, 10:56 PM
You're not missing much. He doesn't even speak english in the episode. You don't get a good look at him either since he's wearing a hat and thick glasses.

I recorded it onto my computer, maybe I'll post some stills or something.

Tony Plana has been on a lot of different shows and I'm always on the lookout for episodes that feature GF cast members. The next time I find a rerun in which has has a good part, I'll post a clip.

I can do the same for Alan Blumenfeld if anyone's interested.
 Thrik
08-28-2003, 2:21 AM
Hee, I just watched a bit of him in action, it's quite cool hearing his voice (it's very obviously Manny's voice) in anything other than Grim Fandango. :P

But yeah, it'd be better to hear him speaking English.
 Sallim
08-28-2003, 11:22 AM
Thats great grey, thnaks ...I would like to see it too in some time.

I waiting then.

=)

Arthur
 Grey
09-12-2003, 12:04 AM
An update for anyone interested:

Tony Plana appears in a 2003 episode of "Monk", airing Friday Sept 12 on USA.

Maria Canals (voice of Meche) can be seen in a 1994 episode of "Murder She Wrote", airing twice on Monday Sept 15 on A&E.
 Susan
10-02-2003, 2:16 AM
What was the title of the Monk episode and what role did he play?
 Kejero
10-06-2003, 6:56 PM
You see a lot of Tony Plana in "The Three Amigos" - There's probably more movies where he's got some decent screen time, but that's at least one movie that I know of. It's a dumb movie btw, but I love it :D
 GendoTheGreat
10-06-2003, 11:01 PM
I must have seen that movie half a dozen times, but I never recognized Tony Plana in it. Who does he play?

Susan: The name of the Monk episode was "Mr. Monk Goes to Mexico." Tony Plana played Captain Alamida.
 Susan
10-07-2003, 4:23 AM
OK - I'll have to catch that on a rerun. Great episode made even better! :D
Page: 1 of 1