Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Grim Fandango dreams

Page: 1 of 1
 VampireNaomi
08-24-2003, 5:57 AM
Have you ever seen dreams about Grim Fandango? And if yes, what were they like? Last night I had this strange dream about a sequel to GF:

I was Manny and sitting in the train with Meche. The train stopped and we were excited about getting in the Ninth Underworld, but when we stepped out we realised something was very wrong.

For some reason the train had taken us in the Land of the Shadows (clichй name, isn't it? :D).

Land of the Shadows was much darker and sadder than Land of the Dead, there was no sunlight and everything was always covered in grey mist.

At this point Meche disappeared somewhere and I started to solve this mystery and tried to find out how to get everybody out of there. I soon found out that Land of the Shadows was ruled by someone really evil, much eviller than Hector and that someone had a plan for the souls in LotS.

Then I met a very misrebale Nick Virago, so I figured this was the place were those who got killed in Land of the Dead go. That meant I couldn't just leave because I had to find Lola, Salvador and others and take them with me out of there. Anyway, Nick told me that something big was going on and that it had something to do with Hector, Copal and Domino, but that this time they weren't the ones to blame.

They were the victims.

And then I woke and will never know what was going on... :(
 GendoTheGreat
08-24-2003, 10:22 AM
I've had a lot of dreams in my lifetime, ranging from wierd to downright terrifying, but I can't recall ever dreaming about a videogame. Yours sounds interesting, though. Are you a lucid dreamer?
 Dawidos
08-24-2003, 4:35 PM
Well , you must be a big fan of Grim Fandango. You think about this game all the time , you can't forget about it. I didn't have any dream about Grim Fandango. But maybe tonight I will dream.
 A_Denial
08-24-2003, 5:21 PM
Oh wow, I love people with such "dreamyminds", they tend to be so creative. I think that is a very interesting dream, and I like the way that the same people are involved, except this time they are the victims. Well done to your mind. I had a few Grim Fandango dreams, but they have actually involved me being in the same locations as in the game, but viewing them from Manny's perspective, and occasionally seeing from the game view.
 pleto4_ryan
08-24-2003, 9:41 PM
well, in my life i tend to see films from start to finish when i sleep. From mythical places when i was 8 to crazy (david lynch ones) in my 20...

But never (how assamed i am) have i dreamed of Grim....(or have i???)

As for your dream...Nice one....i like it...the touch was truly the..."but they were the victims" ;)
 VampireNaomi
08-25-2003, 10:46 AM
I don't think I'm very lucid, but sometimes I have clear dreams. I'm thinking about turning this one into a fanfic once I find some extra time, but right now I'm too busy.
 Susan
08-26-2003, 4:33 AM
It sounds like something that would make a great fanfic. :)
 Bushmeister
08-26-2003, 10:32 AM
Indeed that would make the beginnings of a nice fanfic, you're lucky to be able to have such long dreams, mine usually break off quite quickly and I can't remember them that well.
Page: 1 of 1