Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Travel Guide

Page: 1 of 1
 Grey
08-23-2003, 6:13 AM
I recently downloaded a manual for Grim Fandango at replacementdocs.com. This manual features a detailed description of the game's characters and settings, as well as a walkthrough for the first problem.

I just purchased the game, and the manual that comes with it looks nothing like the one I downloaded. It's just basic installation and game-play instructions.

What's the origin of the other manual? Does anyone know where I can get it?

Thanks.
 GendoTheGreat
08-23-2003, 12:40 PM
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for here. Which manual are you referring to as being "the other?" And why do you need it if you already have both?
 Thrik
08-23-2003, 3:44 PM
The one from replacementdocs.com is simply the original manual which came with the original distribution of the game. When it was released it came with a card cd case with a brilliant picture inside and a very nice manual (available on replacementdocs.com).

As far as I know, this was discontinued and instead a jewel (plastic) cd case with a thinned down manual was released to take its place. I myself would love to get hold of the original pack again since my card cd holder is all tatty now, and being the collectionist type I want it in its former glory. :(
 Susan
08-24-2003, 2:14 AM
That's exactly what happened to me ... bought the jewelcase version and I thought they would at least include the "real" manuel on the CD in .pdf format, but they didn't. Thankfully, a kind soul on this board was able to e-mail it to me so I could see what it looked like.
 pleto4_ryan
08-24-2003, 9:48 PM
i don't get it, why haven't they putted the "right" manual in pdf format...was it TOO difficult???
 Thrik
08-24-2003, 9:56 PM
Maybe it just didn't occur to them at the time and they never bothered.. as far as I know GF sold pretty badly so it's unlikely that they would have spent too effort on the packaging.

It's a huge shame really, the packaging and game is the best ever yet it only seems to have a relatively (to other games) small following.
 Grey
08-24-2003, 11:48 PM
I'm rather embarrassed to see that this topic was already being discussed in another sub-forum (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108358).

Next time I'll search the entire forum before asking a question.

Sorry.
Page: 1 of 1