Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Enemy Sighting (Spoiler if you haven't seen the Official Site)!

Page: 1 of 1
 Kurgan
08-22-2003, 8:22 AM
*This is a spoiler, but of course, it's on the official site, so here it is....*

http://www.jediknight.net/Enemyrage1.jpg)

To me they look like Zero-G "Spacetroopers" and appear to be armed with the new Concussion rifle.

Also, it appears the "goggle wearing" fellow (listed in various shots elsewhere on the site) is an enemy Mercenary (his icon is titled "merc"). ; )
 StormHammer
08-22-2003, 9:58 AM
Whoa...how did I miss that shot? Or has it only come up since about 6 hours ago? O.o

Man...that looks like a Dark Trooper revival convention to me! :p They actually look like heavier designs of the droid seen in one of the screenies from C&VG, and I'm inclined to think they're droids instead of men in suits, because the arms especially seem to be quite wide apart at the shoulders. Unless they're come kind of cyborgs...half man, half machine. Nice find, Kurgan. ;)

And yeah...I noticed that thing about the 'merc' guy as well. ;)
 Kurgan
08-22-2003, 10:05 AM
Could be, could be, but don't Zero-G spacetroopers wear powered armor? Also, check out their helmets, they appear to have air hoses running out of the "mouth" part, and a distorted version of the familiar "bug eye gas mask" look of the Stormtroopers we know and love.

If they ARE Spacetroopers, we wonder why our Kel Dor friend isn't wearing a pressure suit (is that mask he wears enough to protect him from the lack of atmosphere?).

I like the idea of Dark Troopers returning, but I'm going to hold out on this one until we get more info. ; )
 txa1265
08-22-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by StormHammer
Whoa...how did I miss that shot? Or has it only come up since about 6 hours ago? O.o

Man...that looks like a Dark Trooper revival convention to me! :p They actually look like heavier designs of the droid seen in one of the screenies from C&VG, and I'm inclined to think they're droids instead of men in suits, because the arms especially seem to be quite wide apart at the shoulders. Unless they're come kind of cyborgs...half man, half machine. Nice find, Kurgan. ;)

And yeah...I noticed that thing about the 'merc' guy as well. ;) No ... it was there the whole time ...

They have to be droids. Take a look between the official site shot and the C&VG shot, and the C&VG shot shows a very thin torso, not fully built up. It is definitely iterative ... could it possibly be a new generation of Dark Troopers? The interview said there was lots of 'fanboy' desire on Raven's part to put stuff in ...

Mike
 Kurgan
08-22-2003, 10:54 AM
You guys make a convincing argument, but ah, I bet you thought you had me there. ; )

Remember Dark Forces1? The Phase 1 Troopers were droids yes, but the Phase 2's and 3's were POWERED ARMOR, that could have a droid inside, or a living humanoid!

So perhaps we're both right, from a certain wisecracking Jedi Master's point of view...
 StormHammer
08-22-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Kurgan
Could be, could be, but don't Zero-G spacetroopers wear powered armor? Also, check out their helmets, they appear to have air hoses running out of the "mouth" part, and a distorted version of the familiar "bug eye gas mask" look of the Stormtroopers we know and love.

True, and very intruiging... Those 'canisters' on the back of their shoulders is obviously used for 'something'. But if those are heavy space suits with men inside...then those men have dislocated arms to fit into those suits. :/

If they ARE Spacetroopers, we wonder why our Kel Dor friend isn't wearing a pressure suit (is that mask he wears enough to protect him from the lack of atmosphere?).

That's easy to explain. He's using Rage, therefore he's pretty much immune to damage while Rage is enabled (so he wouldn't take any cold damage, for example). If there is a low (or poisonous) atmosphere on that planet (it looks like a planet or possibly asteroid), maybe you just have to make a short dash between pressurised buildings with appropriate atmopsheres. And the Kel Dor would be filtering the atmosphere anyway to suit his needs. If that is the case, those guys are obviously there to make sure you don't make it to that building behind them...
 Kurgan
08-22-2003, 10:29 PM
I seem to remember some similar scenario in a JK game.. was it MotS?

I swear there was some mission where in part of it you had to "run through" some doors that were full of dangerous air or something, to the next door. But it's been so long, I can't recall exactly...

MMmmmmmmmm.....
 StormHammer
08-22-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
I seem to remember some similar scenario in a JK game.. was it MotS?

I swear there was some mission where in part of it you had to "run through" some doors that were full of dangerous air or something, to the next door. But it's been so long, I can't recall exactly...

MMmmmmmmmm.....

Hmmm....now that you mention it, I think so.

I remember the mission in the original Dark Forces where you had to plant the sequencer charges on the ice planet to destory the facility - and if you didn't find the gas mask you were history.

I also remember the underwater level in MotS, where as Kyle you have to swim rapidly to your objective (after cutting the power cables), or you drowned.

I also remember that chamber in JO where you had to use the mouse droid to shut off the escaping gas.

And lingering at the back of my mind is some kind of corridor, coloured red, where you have to dash through...so yeah, I think you're right. I just wish I could remember exactly where that was... dammit...now I've going to have to play through them all again just to find out!

*shakes fist at Kurgan* :p

Anyway, if it's tried and tested...why not use it again. ;)
 Pedro The Hutt
08-22-2003, 11:01 PM
In my judgement that pic seems to be in a pretty atmospheric place, seeing that there is fog, ground with some light growth or another and possibly even rain on there. They might just be new real helluvaheavy troopers. Or perhaps they're all mechanic and that tank on their back is fuel.
 Obi-Wan X
08-22-2003, 11:15 PM
It just gets better an better :)
 Reclaimer
08-22-2003, 11:43 PM
What Obi-Wan X said "It gets Better and Better."

:D
 Kurgan
08-23-2003, 5:13 PM
It just gets better and be----

HEY! What's up with you guys agreeing to everything with that same line? I mean that's great that you agree and all, but you don't have anything else to add?

Anyway, I encourage you to edit your posts when you think of something to add to the discussion. No offense...
 StormHammer
08-23-2003, 5:42 PM
It gets better and be-....oh....erm...

>.> <.< O.O

:p

Are my eyes going funny, or can I see little streaks like rain in the background behind the 'Heavy Suited Guy' on the left? If that's the case, it means that place has atmosphere and a weather system... So unless the atmosphere is poisonous, there doesn't seem to be a need for those heavy suits - unless they too are aliens that require their 'own' atmosphere mixture to breathe and survive.

It would be a nice touch either way...we don't see enough planets in SW that have unsuitable atmospheres for visitors. Even in ESB when they got out of the Falcon and stood on the inside of the giant Space Worm, they only needed breathing masks and nothing else...which has always grated on me a bit (that, and the fact there is sufficient gravity to stand up, though it is possible due to the spin and mass of an object that it could have enough gravity to do that). :/

You know...I've pondered over this screenie more than any of the others, because I have a pretty good idea of most of the settings for the others, but this one eludes me.

As I said before, hopefully it means we will be seeing a greater variety of planets that are not really suitable for visitors, yet still contain life. It can add a bit more spice to the mix...
 Uber_Saber
08-23-2003, 5:46 PM
Here's (http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/spacetroopers/img/eu_bg.jpg) an official shot of the space trooper. Looks kinda similar. Maybe. Or maybe, Raven's loves of mechs comes through again.
 Matt-Liell
08-23-2003, 8:45 PM
 Endar
08-23-2003, 10:06 PM
Marines look good. Chaos marines look even better :D

http://www.games-workshop.com/40kuniverse/warhammer40k/chaos/astartes/blacklegion/images/blacklegionminiatures.jpg)

Skulls for the throne of skulls...
 Kurgan
08-24-2003, 12:40 AM
Stormy, the explanation I heard on another forum for the ESB "gravity inside the space slug" scene was that the Falcon's artificial gravity field "extended a few meters around the outside of the craft or something like that.

Frankly, I'd rather believe it was a massive enough spinning asteroid that it was alright, and the inside of the worm had a pseudo atmosphere (rather than being pure vacuum).
 TheZero
08-24-2003, 2:38 AM
[ Leaked beta info deleted. You didn't even use spoiler tags! ]
 SettingShadow
08-24-2003, 5:01 AM
You wouldn't mind putting that into spoiler tags, since that information obviously comes from the leaked beta. [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ] (without the spaces)
 TheZero
08-24-2003, 6:13 AM
sorry bout that Im new here. btw I never said the b word.
 SettingShadow
08-24-2003, 6:31 AM
No, but it's pretty obvious that info comes from the beta.

You can edit your posts by clicking the little button called Edit in lower right corner of the post. So you can add [ spoiler ] (without spaces) at the beginning and [ /spoiler ] (no spaces) at the end of your post. :)

This is how a spoiler looks by the way.

Test
 Kurgan
08-24-2003, 6:45 AM
Perhaps you didn't understand the big sticky I posted about warez.

Info that comes from the leaked beta is not entirely trustworthy anyway, since its from an old build. That info is not posted in any interview or on the official site. So it's like holding up a big sign that says "I played the illegal leaked beta!"

No more.

About spoiler tags, yes, we still encourage people to use them for stuff that ISN'T revealed on the official site (ie: http://swjediacademy.com) ). When in doubt, use the tag!
Page: 1 of 1