Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Gamespot Video for download

Page: 1 of 1
 txa1265
08-21-2003, 12:21 AM
You don't have to be a member for this one ... I'll grab it in a bit. The site is here (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/jediacademy/media.html) ... in the XBox area.

Mike

[Thanks BluesNews for the quick catch ;) ]
 Prime
08-21-2003, 12:34 AM
Thanks for the heads-up, Mike :)
 Anakin1607
08-21-2003, 12:39 AM
ACK!

That's the NEW... OFFICIAL... TRAILER!

So... COOL!

:D
 txa1265
08-21-2003, 12:45 AM
Although I would have liked to have the resolution of the HL2 videos (without the 200MB heft, of course ;) ) the trailer was very cool ... lots of good stuff - I'll let you check it yourself rather than detailing it for you ... it is worth the look.

Mike
 Dilandau-Sama
08-21-2003, 1:10 AM
You have to be a member to watch that video.
 txa1265
08-21-2003, 1:28 AM
Originally posted by SithOfDoom!
You have to be a member to watch that video. Yes it is 'registration required' ... but it is not a 'paying members only' video like the others were.

Mike
 Anakin1607
08-21-2003, 1:31 AM
It's not a gamespot complete though. It's free to register.

It's worth it! It shows TWO new baddies (one old one new) a TON of new lightsaber moves and special moves and a whole bunch of new locations!

Since it's in the video, and thus, no longer beta only information, I will give a breif description of some of the things in the video.

*SPOILERS LAST CHANCE*

The two new villians, are Boba Fett and a Red Twi Lek girl. Some of the locations are Hoth, Darth Vader's castile on Vujin, and the train. Some awesome new saber moves. Including...

A downstab with a lightstaff
A super- duper-uber lightstaff spin attack
The dual saber special stab
The dual saber force spin attack (they leave your hands and spin around you making a sort of sheild)
The classic flip attack from JO, (middle stance jump special)

That's just a taste of what's in the video. It's soooo cool!
 Anakin1607
08-21-2003, 1:36 AM
Not a special move exact but it looks so damn cool.

One part shows a kel dor jedi doing a wall runing swinging dual sabers at a guy as he runs past!
 Kurgan
08-21-2003, 2:03 AM
Dang it people, use the SPOILER TAG PLEASE. It's not hard....

[ spoiler ] and [ / spoiler ] (just remove space)

Like so:

Hidden text here
 Anakin1607
08-21-2003, 2:11 AM
If people can't read then it sucks to be them.

And don't get all uppity, it's not even a big deal. It's the OFFICIAL TRAILER "DANG IT". ;)

Did people FREAK OUT when the KOTOR trailer came out with shots of Darth Malak? Or watching his fleet slag Taris?

Since when has anyone freaked out over a trailer? Take a chill pill man.
 Kurgan
08-21-2003, 2:48 AM
I haven't seen it yet. Some people do not wish to know every single detail about the game yet, and that's why we have the spoiler tag.

But, if it's the official trailer, why is it posted on Gamespot and not LucasArts.com?
 Anakin1607
08-21-2003, 4:22 AM
Must have got it early, it's official alright. Right down to the way the trailer is cut and shot. There's no way you could fake something like this. And it's not just randomly shot stuff put together with music, it's a full blown official trailer.

Take five seconds to register at gamespot and watch it yourselves you goofs. :p
 Kurgan
08-21-2003, 7:37 AM
Definately cool, at first I thought they were going to spoil the entire intro, but I was wrong. It does appear to be an "official" type of trailer and it does say that on the site. I guess LA got them a sweet deal. ; )

The only thing I'd caution people about is the large amount of spyware that that download program (kontiki or however it's spelled) they force you to use installs.
; p

I just uninstalled the program after I got the video (which I saved with QuickTime) and ran AdAware to remove the spyware junk.

Weird... lightning uses the sound effect for Force Blind from JK! The animation looks very smooth compared to past videos. I am assuming that "Boba Fett guest appearance" is from Siege mode.
 SettingShadow
08-21-2003, 9:35 AM
Cool video, I like that intro. :)

I see in the saber creation menu that you get to choose combat style (I suppose that's the stances), does that mean the one you choose is the only one you can use, or that you just start with it? Intresting.
 Dilandau-Sama
08-21-2003, 12:45 PM
I would register but I dont want to put down my adress.
 txa1265
08-21-2003, 1:21 PM
I would register but I dont want to put down my adress. Get a junk address then, something from yahoo or hotmail or some other place ... something you can register to and they can sell and you never need to care about.

Mike
 Dilandau-Sama
08-21-2003, 1:34 PM
Whats a junk adress?
 StormHammer
08-21-2003, 1:37 PM
Well, after spending two hours trying to download it, and watching it get about a third of the way...I gave up. :/

*kicks stupid net connection*
 txa1265
08-21-2003, 2:24 PM
Whats a junk adress? A junk address is one you use when you are going to have to give an email address at a place you don't completely trust, so your main email doesn't flood with spam.

Mike
 txa1265
08-21-2003, 2:37 PM
Some of my favorite things:

(I'll take my own advice and put it in spoiler tags)

- The graphics look fantastic - definitely on par with Elite Force II!
- Facial animations - 2002 was a year of advanced but ugly speaking (RtCW, MoHAA, JKII) .... 2003 looks much better. JA is no HL2, but it looked good.
- That swirling downstab. That almost makes me want to use the lightstaff. One of my fave moves in AotC was Obi doing the downstab finisher ...
- Did I mention how great the graphics looked?
- Dual saber shield swirl ... again cool.
- Wall walking always looks great.
- Dude with the Jetpack (I can't get the song 'Boba Fett' from the Jedi Hunter fan film out of my head ;) )
- What looked like a edge grab.
- Amazing overhead action while jumping.
- ... and so much more ...
 Dilandau-Sama
08-21-2003, 3:23 PM
I dont have a junk adress.
 Anakin1607
08-21-2003, 3:32 PM
It takes five seconds to make one.
 txa1265
08-21-2003, 3:57 PM
Oh ... I was thinking email address, not physical address.

Here's one for you

1313 Mockingbird Lane, Mockingbird Heights

(boy I'm old ... ;) )

Mike
 JEDI OUTCAST
08-21-2003, 4:05 PM
i am just going to wait for the lucasarts site to be updated.
 taekwondo joe
08-21-2003, 4:41 PM
hey um, how can i get this vid to put it on my desktop??? its styuck in this stupid gamespot player, how do i get a file out of there and onto my desktop, and play it with realone or do what i want to do, and put it with my video colection of ja vids?
 txa1265
08-21-2003, 4:54 PM
Originally posted by taekwondo joe
hey um, how can i get this vid to put it on my desktop??? its styuck in this stupid gamespot player, how do i get a file out of there and onto my desktop, and play it with realone or do what i want to do, and put it with my video colection of ja vids? When Kontiki insinuates itself on your system, you get a new downloads folder, which contains the actual video. Just drag & drop it out of there.

Mike
 taekwondo joe
08-21-2003, 6:05 PM
thanx ddue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 txa1265
08-22-2003, 2:01 PM
Originally posted by JEDI OUTCAST
i am just going to wait for the lucasarts site to be updated. [Booming voice] Your wish has been granted [/Booming voice]

Mike
Page: 1 of 1