Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Shadows of the Empire file extraction?

Page: 1 of 1
 jp-30
08-19-2003, 9:37 PM
Hi All,

"Help!"

Not really a SCUMM question, but this is the most promising place to look.

Does anyone have any pointers in regards opening / extracting the files in the PC "Shadows of the Empire" game?

I want to look at the textures, and possibly the 3do's. The FPS sections of the game closely resemble the Jedi Knight engine.

Unfortunately it seems like all the data (except sounds) is wrapped up in .dll files, something I'd not seen before in a LEC game. Can they be opened, and if so, can anything be extracted?

Also, has there been any progress with independant .SAN movie players and/or .SAN movie convertors?

Websearching has drawn a blank, so I'm hoping someone here may have knowledge that will point me in the right direction.
 bgbennyboy
08-20-2003, 3:10 PM
I've been pestering for a San (SMUSH) player/convertor for some time now. It's quite possible to knock one together with the ScummVM smush code, but it needs someone who knows c++ (ie not me) to do it. There might be some progress on this soon though, i'll post if there is.

As for extracting the data from the dll's I have no idea i'm afraid, the structure doesnt look anything like any resource file I know.
Page: 1 of 1