Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Manny is a Sim!

Page: 1 of 1
 Susan
08-16-2003, 6:51 PM
If you're familiar with The Sims, then you know that you can download different skins so your family members can change clothes or look like different people altogether.

Anyway, I came upon this website, did some searching, and just happened to find Manny (among other computer/video game characters).
http://www.strategyplanet.com/thesims/skins/vg9.shtml)

It looks like you have to be registered/sign up in order to be able to download the skin. I haven't tried it yet. But anyone who does could post screenshots of Manny's adventures in The Sims.

I've actually found some other adventure game character skins so when I get a chance to organize my links I'll post a list of what I've found.
 pleto4_ryan
08-16-2003, 7:12 PM
I was sure one of these things would get out sometime.
I mean sims is the best selling game with 6 expansion packs and millions of skins for every actor, actress, known people, tv's games etc....

I don't like sims (find it boring :D )but the idea of putting manny eating with metche and have friends as Salvator, lola etc is funny. If there were home-skins for the land of the dead it would be fun....;)
 James Isaac
08-17-2003, 7:47 AM
Lol. That's a good idea.

I also like the ones from Monkey Island!
 Dawidos
08-18-2003, 9:30 AM
Wow ,that's great :). In Poland there are all expansion packs from The Sims. I have original Sims and one expansion pack called Livin' It up. Maybe I 'll download this skin.
 Susan
08-20-2003, 2:54 AM
I've managed to find another set of Guybrush skins and one of Indiana Jones. Like I said, soon as I get those links organized ...
 Bushmeister
08-21-2003, 9:24 AM
Very nice Sims stuff there, haven't played it for a while but I'll give the game a go for a bit now with Manny.
 ExcelsioN
09-01-2003, 6:53 AM
I have that skin. Theres a few problems with it, or at least, on my pc.

- Manny's head is too slanted. Its not in the same position as in GF.
- His clothes seem to be white.
 Dawidos
09-08-2003, 1:40 PM
The Sims 2 will rise !!!. What do you think about Manny Calavera in Sims 2 ? In full 3D.

:)
 pleto4_ryan
09-08-2003, 3:32 PM
I an sure most have seen the image where there is a catfight . Imagine putting Manny and Domino getting angry and start a fight (the best would be an item named "scythe" :p )
 NiKo
09-11-2003, 11:33 AM
pfft..i remember making those skins when the sims just came out. god they suck. i made them using no skinning tools, just paint.

as you will see in the link, "skins by Niko Watts" that's me :p
 pleto4_ryan
09-12-2003, 8:25 AM
;)
 Sanspoof
09-14-2003, 7:03 PM
Honest to god that's a pretty poor Sim of Manny. I once saw a totally awesomely cool one of Manny that looked exactly like him in his business suit, and another one in his reaper cloak! Lost the URL though :( . Maybe I'll scrounge around my computer and find it eventually.
 NiKo
09-15-2003, 6:54 PM
please do.
i only made those poor skins cause i really wanted to play with manny in the sims, but no one made any skins.

so if you find any good looking skins tell us. :)
 Grim_comician
09-16-2003, 8:26 AM
I have a preview in DVD of The Sims 2. Including many new features.:guybrush:
 Susan
10-02-2003, 2:21 AM
You're the one who made the Manny skin? Small world!

Over at Sierra's official Gabriel Knight forum, I was posting some pictures of Gabriel Knight's adventures in The Sims and Manny popped in for a visit. Here are two pictures:

1. http://community.vugames.com/WebX?233@75.rRzOcSHHoPF.2@.efe329c/165!enclosure=.efecd53)

2. http://community.vugames.com/WebX?233@75.rRzOcSHHoPF.7@.efe329c/166!enclosure=.efecd57)

The ashtray is from http://www.cheapfrills.org)
I thought it was perfect for Manny. ;)
Page: 1 of 1