Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Pre-order question

Page: 1 of 1
 Reprehence
08-14-2003, 12:14 PM
So if I pre-order it, does that mean I'll get it on the 17th or that they'll mail it on the 17th? If the former - why not just walk down to EB and get it myself?

Also - the license plate thing is uber-lame.
 -=SHI/VOBI=-
08-14-2003, 3:07 PM
Your better of going down the shops on the day of release (witch is sep 17th Officialy) but not to worry, it wont be long :D :D
:cool:
 Neverhoodian
08-14-2003, 3:11 PM
I'm not sure Reprehence. I've only game I've ever pre-ordered was The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. The pre-order deal was that you were guaranteed to get the game on the day it came out. As an incentive, Nintendo offered a bonus disc containing The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Ocarina of Time Master Quest (different dungeons) and various game previews (hype). Since I don't hear about any pre-order bonuses for JA, you might get it a bit sooner than regular buyers. I suppose you could contact Lucasarts to find out.

Oh btw, it seems Lucasarts is joining in on pre-order bonuses. If you pre-order Rebel Strike, you get a 1983 Star Wars game for the Gamecube. (Evidently, the game was originally for Atari)

heh, it seems I write replies too slowly. (there were no replies when I started mine) Thanks for clearing that bit of info up.

Yes there is a beta version, but it's ILLEGAL! It wasn't distributed by Lucasarts or Raven software. Now let's just let the beta talk end there, as it seems every post that mentions the beta version gets closed down.
 -=SHI/VOBI=-
08-14-2003, 3:15 PM
Thanxs for correcting me :D
May The Schwarts Be With You

Beta what Beta? wot do you mean? loooool:D
 -=SHI/VOBI=-
08-14-2003, 3:26 PM
Incase some of you didn't know, in adition to lightsaber costomisation, you will be able to choose the hilt of the saber, also the color of blade and the lightsabers gauge, this mean you can have a lightsaber designed for close quaters combat (quick fighting) or higher gauge lightsabers that act like broadswords inflicting massive amounts of damage. apparantly only the single saber option will have multiple stances ie fast, medium, slow. With over 1,610 combinations of character atributes plus over 50 standard (non customisable) star wars characters plus over 20 special appearances the game looks fantastic ... ive locked myself in my room waiting for this game!!!:eek: :eek:

notice no talk of this beta nonsense...
 Neverhoodian
08-14-2003, 3:33 PM
Yeah, I can't wait for JA to come out. Unfortunately, I'll probably get it for Christmas, so my wait's gonna be a bit longer than other gamer's.
 -=SHI/VOBI=-
08-14-2003, 3:34 PM
how come???
:o :o
hope you like my poem!!
 FK | unnamed
08-14-2003, 5:02 PM
If you live in a small city/town/country where availability is very limited when it comes to stuff like this then I guess pre order would be smart.

But pretty much anywhere else pre ordering games is a waste of time.

Maybe it's because I live in a very large city and there are thousands of retailers to choose from, but I don't think I've ever seen a game sell out or a shop run out of copies when it launched.

Granted I've seen consoles like the PS2 "sell out" when they launched, but never a pc game or a console game.

If you pre order online usually they won't ship it until the day it launches so you actually would get it faster by going into the store and buying it.
 StormHammer
08-14-2003, 5:19 PM
Originally posted by FK | unnamed
But pretty much anywhere else pre ordering games is a waste of time.

If you pre order online usually they won't ship it until the day it launches so you actually would get it faster by going into the store and buying it.

I'd have to disagree, to an extent. I preorder myself via online retailers, like Gameplay.com, and when Jedi Outcast was released, I actually received the game a couple of days before the official release date, and a few Ј's cheaper than I could have got it in my nearest Game store. So I saved money and got to play the game slightly earlier.

That doesn't always happen, I know...but I usually find online retailers to be cheaper than their High Street counterparts. I order and preorder all my games online these days. It saves me money, and I usually get the game at least on the official release date. :)
 FK | unnamed
08-14-2003, 5:35 PM
maybe I've just had bad luck with the U.S. postal service but the few times I've ordered games online they got here about a week or so after they were in stores.

Not to mention a lot of retailers here (although they are not supposed to) do put stuff out on the shelves early.

Generally in the U.S. Tuesday is "new release day" for things like music and such but a lot of our local Best Buy chains will have the stuff sitting on the shelves the weekend prior.

I know the rest of the world is a different story though. In talking to some guys in our clan who are from the U.K. it seemed like a much different story over there.

Sure they get the same (more or less) commercial products we do, but they are not literally flooded with them like retailers are here.

Honestly about the only place I *can't buy a pc game these are the gas stations.

I remember when video games were more or less a "specialty item" sold only in specific places but now it's as common a product as dog food over here.

I’m not saying pre sale is totally bad, I mean some of the bonus stuff can be nice, but as a selling point “reserve your copy so you don’t miss out” does not really hold any weight over here these days.
 Reprehence
08-14-2003, 6:28 PM
I live in NYC - so I don't forsee any problems getting the game on time - but if they shipped it here earlier I might be willing to pre-order - or if they had something to offer other than a license plate cover - I don't even have a car here!
 Troopr-Undr-Fir
08-15-2003, 3:07 PM
I'm torn......pre-order - walk/drive the 1/2 mile to Best Buy.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
 griff38
08-15-2003, 4:52 PM
If you do the online pre order you will have to wait for it to ship.

I just went to the mall and reserved one at the local electronic supplier for 5 dollars. They garantee I will get 1 on the 17th.
 boinga1
08-15-2003, 8:13 PM
Well...for JO the local store got it about a week after it was released...so I preordered from amazon. Got it... a few days after release. I'm not sure exactly when.

On the other hand, if the store, or Wal-Mart, gets it the 17th, I'l get it there, for sure.
 BrainStorm
08-16-2003, 9:08 AM
Yeah, I pass a Gamestop, a Target, and a Wal-mart on my way home from work.

One of them had better have it!
 power_ed
08-21-2003, 6:46 AM
well.. i got JO 2 days before the official release, the owner of the EB games shop in the mall is one of my friends.. but shhh.. dont tell anyone.. :) anyways.. in denmark, if you pre-order they usually send out the game the day before the release so u'll have it on the release date..
Page: 1 of 1