Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Grim Fandango mods + debug functions

Page: 1 of 1
 Rapp Scallion
08-13-2003, 10:11 AM
Hello!

I have two questions. I have heard that the lua language is an open source language. Then why haven't someone made a mod or something?

The other question is: What is the functions in the debugger (How do you go to rooms, pick up objects, etc.)? Do you have to use the lua script thingy? How do you use that?

And is there any way to activate the debug mode without having the debug patch?

A little more that two questions, but I'll guess that's OK!

-Rapp Scallion
 Sanspoof
08-13-2003, 4:28 PM
What's this debugger patch I'm hearing so much about?
 pleto4_ryan
08-13-2003, 11:53 PM
???
 scabb
08-14-2003, 8:34 AM
LUA is not open source. I suck at assumptions.

Also, I'm not sure on all of the debugging commands, eg switch suit, switch room, blah etc, but you do need to have the "good_times" key in your registry

To enable debug mode then, click Start, Run, and type "regedit". Browse to:
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Grim Fandango\v1.0". Right click, select "New -> String Value" and enter "good_times" as its name. Now double click this and enter "TRUE" as it's Value.

You'll have to figure out the rest yourself, or wait for someone smarter to drop by.
 bgbennyboy
08-14-2003, 9:07 AM
 Rapp Scallion
08-14-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by scabb
LUA is not open source.

Also, I'm not sure on all of the debugging commands, eg switch suit, switch room, blah etc, but you do need to have the "good_times" key in your registry

To enable debug mode then, click Start, Run, and type "regedit". Browse to:
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Grim Fandango\v1.0". Right click, select "New -> String Value" and enter "good_times" as its name. Now double click this and enter "TRUE" as it's Value.

You'll have to figure out the rest yourself, or wait for someone smarter to drop by.

Then I wonder: What's the point of the debugger program for Grim Fandango. These instructions stand there too in the readme!

I found the link in the game debugger topic that was posted a while ago. Here: http://scumm.mixnmojo.com/programs/debug.zip)
 bgbennyboy
08-14-2003, 2:18 PM
Yeah its open source.
All that debug program does (if its the one I think it is) is route the PrintError, PrintWarning and PrintDebug functions to the PrintMessage one so that it outputs to the supplied debuglog.dll. All you need to enable the debugger is the good_times key really.
 Rapp Scallion
08-22-2003, 6:16 PM
I got the whole list of lua commands in Scummrev 2. Could someone of you tell me how to use some of them?
Page: 1 of 1