Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Vote! How do you like this game!

Page: 1 of 2
 HAVOC
12-18-1999, 11:36 AM
On a scale of 10 how mutch do you give this game!

I give it 10 because the graphics are amazing, moving around is easy and it is a Indiana Jones game!
 Indy Jones
12-18-1999, 1:31 PM
i give it a 10 too cuz the graphics are great, the puzzles are hard and challenging, the action is great, and i love the surroundings. this is a great indy story.
 pas
12-18-1999, 2:37 PM
You can add another 10 from me.
 Josh
12-18-1999, 5:14 PM
I give it a T - E - N GO INDY! Love it.

------------------
-Josh-
 HAVOC
12-18-1999, 9:53 PM
That's an average of 10 so far!
 Darth Timo
12-20-1999, 5:09 PM
Maybe we should vote for Tomb Raider IV instead....
Add another 10 for me!!
 HAVOC
12-20-1999, 6:12 PM
Is that 10 for Tomb Raider IV?
 paxil
12-21-1999, 2:06 AM
This game would be great if Indy didn't move around like he was in a FULL BODY CAST!
I give it a 6.

TOMB RAIDER RULES! Long live Lara!?
 Damian
12-21-1999, 3:25 PM
I have to agree with Paxil. Some of Indy's moves could have been a little better. Backing up was horrible and automatically dropping down when you back to the edge of something became VERY annoying. Otherwise, I was a great game.
7 for me.

------------------
-Damian

Fear is the path to the darkside.
 Darth Timo
12-22-1999, 8:49 PM
No, I love Indy but hate Lara - but jumping backwards is very annoying - when you use Y and the back arrow, he will probably fall down a cliff....
Bu I got used to his slow motion.
 Damian
12-23-1999, 5:36 PM
How can you hate Tomb Raider, but love Indiana Jones? They are virtually identical as far as game play goes.

Just curious.

------------------
-Damian

[This message has been edited by Damian (edited December 23, 1999).]
 HAVOC
12-23-1999, 6:38 PM
I am sorry but this is my oppignon; I hate tomb raider cause, the facts aren't taken out of stories, the graphics os Tomb Raider sucks COMPARE to this game and the controls are a lot better in this one. In the Tomb Raider series to make a jump, you have to go backwards but she jumps of the cliff.

On top of all, this game has some action. Not like Tomb Raider that goes arroung shoting the first animal that comes!
 bonnie
12-23-1999, 6:59 PM
well, I'm into what I do at the time,
and this is the first one to really
grab me for a while. Thief did, Lara
is like a rocker-chair, good to do for
a bit till you're bored, Unreal and
Daggerfall (yeah, yeah, bite me) really
did it for a bit. I even like Duke sometimes,
as a parody of himself, too stupid to breathe
but if ya gotta shoot pigs, well...

This is my BEST for now, so 10 it is, but
I'm done (almost) now so... I *Will*
play this again (bonus point one) at higher difficulty levels, (bonus point two)
and I finished it (bonus up to five - for
some reason, those who haven't really done
it with me I have a need to not finish - like
the big stupid baby in halflife. While I learned to kill it, it wasn't --- enough)
this one I wanted to finish, like thief.

bon
*drivel on*
 TR_Gyarados
12-27-1999, 4:20 AM
I would give Indiana Jones around an 8 altough I haven'tfinished it yet so I might find it better or worse.
 Lassie
12-27-1999, 12:31 PM
I am disappointed that the jumping is so difficult. I have tried it witht the keyboard and my Sidewinder and I still have trouble. Since I can't get past the tower section in the second lever, I don't know how I will rate it later.
 Raichu[LX]
12-27-1999, 4:09 PM
Indy gets a 10 from me cause its like Tomb Raider but it doesn't suck horribly!
 pjgiv
12-27-1999, 6:21 PM
Its frustrating, aggravating, and makes me mad that I can't figure out some of the clues already read! I give it a 9!

------------------
Pat
 Rigo
12-27-1999, 6:48 PM
To my opignon a give a 9(nothing is perfect), so the graphique is beautiful, and like indy movies the game have a story line(not like the tombe raider series, for the 2 first, i dont know for the 2 others)

If the adventure have a name ... it name is indiana jones.

[This message has been edited by Rigo (edited December 27, 1999).]
 Darth Timo
12-29-1999, 7:15 PM
I think thereґs a big difference between Indy and Lara because I canґt run through corners with Ms Croft without dodging the walls - the camera should show where Iґm running and not this polygon-monster. In Tomb Raider, you often donґt know who youґre shooting as you can only see Laraґs body.....
 Damian
12-31-1999, 3:39 PM
Agreed Darth. The camera has always made for some problems with the Tomb Raider series. It hasn't been addressed in TR4 nor has the horrible clipping problems. I was attacked by zombies as they walked right through a statue. Indy's clipping problems weren't this bad.

------------------
-Damian

The Atom Man
12-31-1999, 3:52 PM
As of now, I would rate Indy as a 9. The tower jumps are more than a little frustrating, but once the real game begins, it is awesome...but those jumps really bring this game down. This game is a breath of fresh air in a genre filled with a little too much spelunking. ;-)
 Dr Jones
12-31-1999, 4:49 PM
Its impossible to work out all the puzzles and the game is very exciting.
Though i have to say that the graphics could be a lot better

Though we all know Tomb raider is Dirt
 HAVOC
12-31-1999, 5:05 PM
I have a RIVA TNT card and the graphics rock!!! There amazing. I don't know why you say they suck? But what kind of card do you have?
 indyhunter
12-31-1999, 6:49 PM
I give this game a 5.5 and I'll tell you why. If it was ANY other guy than Indy, I'd give it a 1. There were too many goddamn bugs and level design problems that I came up to and had to restart the damn level. For example. ONE: The stupid ice monster part. It booted me to my desktop when he, A: hit me, B: I killed him or C: he started rolling.

Palawan Volcano: I pushed the block around by the exit to see if I could get to the whippable thing above the trap area near the exit and I couldn't get the block BACK so I could climb it and put the pulley on it.

The clipping was tremendously annoying, and the 3d models were pretty poor. (I mean, Lucasarts has always been behind in graphics, Jedi Knight?) The lip synching of the voices were off and the AI was lousy. Nuff said.
 JuJu
01-01-2000, 12:13 AM
I'd give the game around a 7 right now( not saying much, since i'm only on level 2). gave it a 7 'cause the jumping is a pain and i can't get passed it.
 LOR
01-01-2000, 9:01 PM
The graphics are a little outdated, the music is great, and I like playing it. There is one GIGANTIC problem though...I don't feel like indy.

I don't remember Indy walking around and solving a bunch of puzzles. He was more the kind of guy that had to run away from boulders, while dodging gunfire, and avoiding falling off high roofs at the same time. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that it is far too slow paced for an indy game. Also, Whenever the voice actor says anything, it only makes me feel less and less like Indy, and he doesn't seem to keep his mouth shut.

Anyhoo, I think I give the game about a 7.

-LOR
 HAVOC
01-02-2000, 8:35 PM
Hey if you buy the rereleases and watch them again, you would think that the voice isn't so bad.

Me too at first I hated the voice until I bough the videos.
 Wheels
01-04-2000, 3:20 PM
I THINK INDY ROCKS AND I GIVE THE GAME A 10 EVEN THOUGH MY HUSBAND MAY DIVORCE ME IF I DON'T FINISH IT SOON!!
 bradbsd
01-06-2000, 1:13 PM
I was quite enjoying the game, untill I got to Shambala, and a bug causes the game to be unplayable. The annoying thing, apart from that, is the way parts of Indy dissapears into the back grounds, and his feet become invisable when walking down a slop. Thats poor programing.

brad
 abbyone
01-06-2000, 4:18 PM
I have to give this a 7. I also think LucasArts could have done a lot better on the graphics. I also had to restart in Babylon when the block that was on the elevator on the last scene would not move. When I got there the second time it moved. That is a lot of time wasted. Tombraiders does has it's problems also, but not getting stuck where you can not complete a level out. We should expect only the best from LucasArts, not second best. Glenn in Georgia
 CJ
01-06-2000, 7:55 PM
I'm with Abbyone except replaying Babylon hasn't helped me with the elevator block (I'm about ready to just see if anyone would be kind enough to send me a save file. This is really getting old. I've been trying to get that block off the elevator for 4 days now!) problem so I have to give it a 5. Its a fun game but all the bugs and having to replay parts just to fix them is just too annoying. I dislike how Indy vanishes when you back him up too far and the movement isn't all that great. They could have done better.
 shadowbuilder99
01-07-2000, 12:09 AM
this game is awsome im on level 14 and the graphics are great before i got the full v game i beat the demo so many times i was very very excited to get the game the puzzles are mind boggling realy hard it makes you think but man does that guy have a big pocket. i love it i give it a ten
 TekkaMaki
01-08-2000, 12:46 AM
Great puzzles, very cool and varied levels and after i upgraded graphics cards a few days ago the graphics are excellent.

I can only give it a 7 because Indy moves like a stick figure sometimes (espcially going backwards) but mostly because of the FRUIT-LOOP last level, Half-Life did the same thing, it's like they've got a really cool game but they didn't know how to write the ending so they decided to make it as ****ed up and graphics heavy as possible.
Right on, Lucas Arts, another great game spoiled.

(once I get over the desire to quit and actually finish the game i'll probably like it more)
 Ki-Adi Mundi
01-09-2000, 3:46 AM
Indy is VERY good but not perfect. I'd give it a 8.7! Unlike TR4, hmmmm..... let me think 4.3.
 poe
01-09-2000, 5:16 PM
here is a 7
... lara croft is still the best in movement -
from graphix the 10 is for atlantis 2 ...
 rabid_gamer
01-12-2000, 11:20 PM
I give a 11 Baby!!!!!!!!!!!1
 Mad Calvert
01-13-2000, 8:11 AM
I am very impressed with the game so far. I'm presently at level 14.

Yes the graphics are very lacklustre compared to Tomb Raider4 & Half Life, but the more than makes up for this in gameplay. 3D engines have never been lucasarts strong point. Jedi night was not the best graphicly but was greatly improved in the expansion pack. May be similar add-on may improve things for Indy.

I am becoming increasingly frustrated by the amount of bugs in recent games. Indy, next to Hidden and dangerous has to be the second most problematic game of the year. Don't companies bother with comprehensive beta testing anymore.

It also highlights the need for a well specified system. A lot of problems occur these days due to consumers trying to run a new release on a PC that hasn't got the performance required.

But on the whole, this still is a good and exceptionally playable game. I give it a 7.5 out of 10.
 giotto
01-16-2000, 12:33 PM
Our vote is 11, because riddles are really difficult but it's great to solve them. Graphic and animation are excellent. ciao by ricky and fabio
 Lausa
02-04-2000, 2:57 AM
I'd give it a 8..
I love Lara, and i think T4 has MUCH better graphics. There are also less bugs and less irritating things like how indy can sometimes get stuck and look like he's swimming in mid-air. But this is a great game. Next time they should fix the graphics, and GET RID OF THOSE IRRITATING BUGS!
 Ket
02-04-2000, 3:20 PM
I would give Indy a TEN!!!!!
I haven't had any problems with the jumping or the game freeze.
The only problems is the puzles and that is what the game is about.
GREAT GAME.
 felicitas
02-04-2000, 10:08 PM
Okay, it gets a 7. Tomb Raider (well, okay, not 3, but 1, 2, & 4)rules! Indy is just too clumsy; he moves like he's on some serious meds & he's hard to manipulate compared to Lara. Plus I keep hitting annoying bugs too.
But - wouldn't it be great if someone came up with a combo game? Lara meets Indy... http://www.indyjones.net/forums/wink.gif)
 montrealtigger
02-05-2000, 2:15 AM
I give this 6 of 10.. because a lot of jumps are not right. It seems that Indiana Jones was already over 5000 dead jumps!!! It s not joking! Grim Fandango is excellent for me because of good puzzle and is hurt once!!! Graphic card is good like Grim! My Card 3D is API!! Maybe, it is not right with this software?? Grim is perfect with API!! It disturbs me when Indiana Jones is invisible.
So that, I score SIX of TEN!!!!
 kevinjp
02-05-2000, 1:03 PM
I'd have to gice INDY a 9. The game is very fun. The graphics are incredible. The puzzles are interesting. It's just all the stupid glitches that make me mad!! I'm only on level four and I've had so many problems with glitches. I can't even beat the ice monster because it shuts down to the desktop! Oh well, long live Indy anway.

9/10
 groove
02-05-2000, 10:21 PM
10 This game is awsome.
 neez
02-06-2000, 4:59 PM
Indy's got a ten from me!
 Tanalus
02-12-2000, 1:02 AM
I'm a little behind in playing the action/adventure style games but having just finished TR1 gold then stepping into Indy's shoes with Infernal Machine, I'm impressed. I like the way they spiced it up with the cut scenes that keep you up to speed with the story line, the graphics with my TNT card are great, and TR1 prepared me for what a action/adventure game can deliver. I give it a 8 since I'm only on level 3 so far.
 rasmussenjim
02-12-2000, 9:03 PM
I like the game just fine, however, when re-playing a level (for what ever reason) I would like to be able to skip over the cut scenes. In tomb raider, you can hit the escape key and move on. The game is FUN to play and I hope that Lucas Arts will do more like it.
 ginyu
02-16-2000, 5:07 AM
I'd have to give it an 8 but I only got the game 4 days ago so I'm not too far yet. I really wanted to give it a 10 so far, but I was a bit surprised at all of the bugs that lucasarts let go. I must've been playing the Ice Guardian for 3 hours because I made the mistake of saving my game after getting the machine part.
Luckily I found this discussion group and found out what happened and had another save file from earlier in the battle. As soon as I overwrote the bad save file it let me hit the beast without booting me out of the game.
I was really looking forward to this game for a while and I was definitely not let down with the game design, graphics, and story. But the bugs are killing me!
 Dameon
02-18-2000, 1:03 AM
I give this game a 9 because sometimes my game freezes when i got to save or get a treasure.
 Brendan
04-30-2000, 4:53 PM
I think the game deserves a 9 - will people shut up about tomb raider.
Also- Plenty other games have bugs in them especially footballing ones (that's soccer cos I'm Scottish)Anyway, I have not encountered any.
It is very hard and I will not believe anyone who says they got through the game without any hints.
Sometimes he can be a bit slow at turning round and he has got stuck once or twice but overall it's a huge thumbs up to lucasarts!
There is so much to do in the all of the game, it must have 1,000 times as much stuff packed into it than crap games like South Park Rally or something.
(I have had the game for a couple of weeks and have been playing it almost non-stop, I am still only on level 4 - the Shambala Sanctury) http://swimbrendan.homestead.com/swim1.html)
Page: 1 of 2