Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Suprised?

Page: 1 of 1
 ZBomber
08-11-2003, 3:26 AM
How suprised where you when you first came across a finsiehd Dark trooper? How long did it take for you to kill it?

It took me like 3 tries, before I finally killed it. ^_~
 topshot
08-11-2003, 7:24 AM
Same here. That's when I went in for a little tactical kill. :cool: *takes out a super charge and implements it into his dl-44, preparing to go down fighting if needed.*
 StormHammer
08-11-2003, 11:16 AM
I can't remember, but I don't think I was very surprised. I wasn't really expecting it to be able to fly around, for some reason, and I seem to recall the first time I had an encounter it was a tough battle. I was more surprised encountering the very first Dark Trooper 'skeleton', I think.
 ZBomber
08-11-2003, 4:32 PM
Originally posted by StormHammer
I can't remember, but I don't think I was very surprised. I wasn't really expecting it to be able to fly around, for some reason, and I seem to recall the first time I had an encounter it was a tough battle. I was more surprised encountering the very first Dark Trooper 'skeleton', I think.

Yeh, the skeleton version was freaky. I din't think I had trouble with that one thoguh. ;)
 Reclaimer
08-11-2003, 4:44 PM
Two tries it took it did the skelleton was Freaky because I had no lights on. FREAKY!:p
 Kurgan
08-11-2003, 7:22 PM
I was a little surprised. I honestly hadn't read about him, and I just assumed they all looked like gray stormtroopers. I ran around and shot him with everything I had (and noted how he looked like a T-800 endoskeleton from Terminator, heh).

It was a cool plot, but my favorites were the Phase2's (even though they really didn't surprise me, although the jetpacks were pretty neat). They just rocked (except for the time when two troopers were hiding around a corner and I heard blasting and when I turned around to face them, the one guy had shot his partner full of holes! lol).
 Reclaimer
08-11-2003, 7:50 PM
Yeah I know that when I got to that part I heard gun fire and I'm like what? Then I go around and wamo! Holes throught the Dark Trooper!
 Sam Fisher
08-14-2003, 3:53 PM
I think it was like 3-4 times, but I did finally do it. I really did hate the skeleton phase, it was scary the first time I saw it.
 ZBomber
08-14-2003, 5:02 PM
Am I the only one who hated Grans (Ree-Yees) Ug, those thigns scare me more than Phase 1 Dark Troopers. :p
 Sam Fisher
08-14-2003, 7:42 PM
I just hated them because they always threw thermal dets.
 topshot
08-14-2003, 8:40 PM
Probably the only thing that actually would scare me in DF 1 would be the Kell Dragons. Those things.....*shudders at the thought*.......those things are strong when you fight them without weapons! *faints and hopes someone will dump a bucket of water onto 'im.*
 ZBomber
08-14-2003, 9:52 PM
Originally posted by SamFisher
I just hated them because they always threw thermal dets.

Yeh, and in Jedi knight, they just pop out at you when you least expect it, I hate their voice thingys. *shudders*
 The Cheat
08-14-2003, 11:42 PM
man those things were creepy, and came out when i least expected it, still gives me goosebumps
 ZBomber
08-14-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by The Cheat
man those things were creepy, and came out when i least expected it, still gives me goosebumps

which one, grans or Darktroops? ;)
 The Cheat
08-15-2003, 2:08 AM
darktroopers:( the thought of them makes me tremble in fear
 ZBomber
08-15-2003, 3:46 PM
Originally posted by The Cheat
darktroopers:( the thought of them makes me tremble in fear

Yeh. I think I hate things that punch and slice more than guns... that would explain the fear of Grans (JK, not sure if they punch in DF) and Phase 1 Troopers. ;)
 Katarn07
08-15-2003, 4:51 PM
They punched in DF. I had a fist fight with one when I first played Orinackra. I lost... :(

I jumped outta my seat the first time I ran into the Phase I on Gromas, but Jan gave it away I'd fight some DTs on Anteevy in the briefing, so I was prepared.

The Gamorreans were the scariest. Took forever to kill, plus that axe could do some damage!!! They lost their edge in JK, and the Grans coming outta fans got my vote for scarriest in that game :p
 ZBomber
08-15-2003, 9:58 PM
Originally posted by Katarn07
They punched in DF. I had a fist fight with one when I first played Orinackra. I lost... :(

I jumped outta my seat the first time I ran into the Phase I on Gromas, but Jan gave it away I'd fight some DTs on Anteevy in the briefing, so I was prepared.

The Gamorreans were the scariest. Took forever to kill, plus that axe could do some damage!!! They lost their edge in JK, and the Grans coming outta fans got my vote for scarriest in that game :p

Yeh. They were hard in JK thoguh. 2nd level. Only having thermals, brayar, and an E-11 Blaster... ug.... I rememebr losing, because there are like 5 in that level. :(
 Barry Brien
08-16-2003, 12:36 AM
I remember the first time I came across a DT1 it really spooked me. They're so nasty lokoing.
First time I came across a DT2 I didn't have a chance to see it, I just kept running and firing :)
Page: 1 of 1