Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Manual & Travel Guide

Page: 1 of 1
 Susan
08-10-2003, 8:38 PM
I purchased a brand-new jewelcase version of GF a few weeks ago. The CD Booklet contains information on installing, running, and the keyboard controls needed to play the game. I thought that was the manual. However, I saw somewhere else (Ebay maybe?) that the full boxed version of the game comes with a book called Manual & Travel Guide, featuring a picture of all the characters on the cover.

Now I had thought that when a company releases a jewelcase-only version of a game, that things like that are included on the CD (it is on a couple of other games I own). But I've checked over both CDs and didn't see anything that looked like it could be it.

Is it available on the CD or not? If it's not, what information does it contain?

I'm not about to buy the full boxed version off of Ebay just to see that, I'm just curious what I missed. Oddly enough, I think not knowing anything about where I was going or what characters I was going to meet made me enjoy the game more when I first played it, since I didn't know what to expect.
 Sallim
08-10-2003, 8:55 PM
I had two versions of GF. The German version have sometihng like "Manual & Travel Guide"
but not on teh CD, because it is the
full boxed version. When I buy the english Version ( just one day in london and the only thing I buy was GF ^^ ) which is was a jewelcase version, there was just an "Manual & Travel Guide" on a Cd in pdf format ;)

There are the same, just one is printed =)

I hope I answer your question, and doesnt missunderstood you. ( happen with my bad english )

Sal
Edit:
I just forget somethin, this "Manual & Travel Guide" do not spoil, and helps just in tzhe first moments of the game, its not a big deal.
 Susan
08-11-2003, 1:29 AM
Hi Sal,

Thanks, that helped a lot! That's what I was talking about ... I saw a book version came with full boxed version of the game and was curious if it was on the CD.

I looked over both CDs for anything in PDF format and found nothing. :( Where was it on yours and what CD? Maybe there was a batch of copies that didn't have the manual burned on it and I picked up a copy from that batch! :)

But that's OK. Seeing as how I already finished the game I think I did just fine w/o it. :)
 Sallim
08-11-2003, 8:06 AM
So the Grim Fandango - Manual.pdf file is on the first CD.
I can send you the manual if you want..or better I do it right now ^_^

Hope this help little.
Just need your Emal addy..
my is Sallim@web.de :)

Arthur
 Susan
08-12-2003, 2:35 AM
Sure, you can send it to me. What the heck. :p

The-Titanic-Files@juno.com
 Sallim
08-12-2003, 8:45 AM
This is an confusing answer ;)
I dont know what todo.
 Susan
08-13-2003, 3:23 AM
The-Titanic-Files@juno.com is my e-mail address, so if you could send the manual as an attachment, I'd appreciate it. :)
 Sallim
08-13-2003, 9:31 AM
ok ;)
 Susan
08-14-2003, 1:43 AM
Thank you! :)
 MJ
08-14-2003, 10:40 PM
I bought Grim Fandango in Australia. It wasn't in a jewel case, but a cardboard holder with a design that was like south american aztec land of the dead thing. And it came with the travel guide/manual thing
 awagentx
09-17-2003, 1:27 AM
i could use that pdf too if anyone has it please e-mail it to agentx@tinex.net
 Susan
10-02-2003, 2:01 AM
Do you still need it?
 awagentx
10-02-2003, 3:04 AM
yes i still need the book please e-mail me @ accounts@tinex.net thanks
Page: 1 of 1