Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help - Lava Guardian - can't get past it

Page: 1 of 1
 poochel
05-22-2000, 11:23 PM
I have the second piece of the machine and i am blocked by the lava monster so that I can't get back to the bridge area. I got the piece, , jumped back twice, and now have to leap up to a block so that I can make my way back to the bridge. But I can't get there because the lava monster appears as soon as I get the part and now I'm stuck on the two flat areas with stone monsters - nowhere to go. Being invisible doesn't help as you can't jump and grab while holding the machine piece. Please help me. I know I hae to go to the bridge but the guardian never moves away to let me past.
 pas
05-23-2000, 10:47 PM
You don't need the part till you get back to the bridge. Try lowering the level of play down to the lowest one, you still have to move fairly fast. You may want to do some quick saves as you go.
 Ouly
05-24-2000, 6:27 PM
You only need to roll back once after you get the part, then your safe. When you're ready to go, make the run back to the blocks without stopping. In fact, if you're quick enough, the lava monster won't even bother you at all until you get back to the bridge.
 atlantis_maniac
05-30-2000, 12:56 AM
I'm not sure, but if you use the taklit_sophia on, you can walk across the lava to the exit used by indy after the lava gets cooled, and end the chapter. I don't think he has the part in the next scene but I haven't tried it. I wonder what Turner does in the Infernal Machine chapter without that part?

------------------
We are what dreams are made of, our tiny lives rounded with a sleep.
- Shakespeare
Page: 1 of 1