Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Democratic Jusitce Lovers or Bounty Hunters?

Page: 1 of 1
 griff38
08-04-2003, 12:44 PM
(Please 4give my spelllling :)

Earlier this week US Secretary of State Colin Powell approved a $30m reward for the person who led American forces to the former Iraqi leader's sons, Uday and Qusay.

Hmmm. who needs democratic justice and accountability when you can BUY what you want?

Jango & Boba would be proud.
 Homuncul
08-04-2003, 12:49 PM
I think it to be approved. In Russia when for some chechnian terrorist a reward is paid some old fellas just start argueing that they should have better given the money to the poor and invalid people. Don't see any unjustice here.
 griff38
08-04-2003, 1:01 PM
Originally posted by Homuncul
I think it to be approved. In Russia when for some chechnian terrorist a reward is paid some old fellas just start argueing that they should have better given the money to the poor and invalid people. Don't see any unjustice here.

Who are the invalid people?

I don't know if you guys understand the point of Democracy but it means fairness for everybody including those you dismiss as invalid.
 Homuncul
08-04-2003, 1:10 PM
On some things our government has no money. But we were talking bout US.

Everything can be bought. That's true, no mystery here. The point for every country in this situation is not to lose it's democratic ideals, keeping moral values and it's citizens which it represents and protects. If the protection costs $30m then it has even higher priority than for example invalid people.
 Cosmos Jack
08-15-2003, 8:06 PM
;)

When Palestinians were running terrorist suicide missions in Israel Suddam was giving the families of the dead terrorist money. Not the equal of $30 million, but the same idea. We would most likely not fined such people unless their own people turn on them out of greed. I don't think most Iraqis would have turned them in ether out of loyalty or fear. Add $30 million people start talking.

These men if you want to call them "men" died fighting. I'm sure if they really had it in there hearts to give up they could have and they had their chance as I reacall. The Iraq war isn't over as they say all the time. It's not like they were looking for the "pick pocket" down on main street to take to jail. They were looking for enemy combatants. I'm sorry, but if I'm a solider or whatever and a Enemy starts shooting at me or even a cop down on main street chasing that pick pocket. I'm putting some caps in their ass.

Though 20 some bullet holes in each body sounds like they were making sure they were dead. I understand that. I would rather kill them than hold them in prison personally. It would have caused more trouble than it was worth. Kill them decisively and it's over. The people see we mean business. You can rally your supporters from prison more easily than from the grave. Risk making them martyrs maybe? They wouldn't make very good martyrs. Maybe USAMA BIN LADEN I could see becoming a martyr, but not two spoiled brats. I doubt if by some odd chance they ever fined Saddam he will live to see a prison cell. He most likely will die on the spot.

All that matters here is that horrible men died horribly and that's good enough for me....

I might not have all the facts of course and I'm open to any ideas. This is just my take on this from what little I heard about it. than I turned the channel.
Page: 1 of 1