Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

server web site?

Page: 1 of 1
 Orion Pax
07-31-2003, 11:12 PM
is there not a server help web site?
 acdcfanbill
08-01-2003, 12:42 AM
no, there isnt, because jedi academy isnt released yet, so thus, there is no way anyone can run a server.
 txa1265
08-01-2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Orion Pax
is there not a server help web site? If you currently have a copy of Jedi Academy, it is a pre-release illegal warez version. Please delete it, wait six weeks, pay the local equivalent of ~$50 and then come back here. You'll find us a helpful bunch.

If you have Jedi Outcast - go to the forum called 'Valley of the Jedi' and there are plenty of very good server people there.

Mike
 Orion Pax
08-01-2003, 2:50 AM
I am referring Jedi Knight II.....ya know jedi outcast??? This forum is named Jedi Knight II....I figured yall would assume it was jedi outcast.....
 Rumor
08-01-2003, 4:21 AM
Originally posted by txa1265
If you currently have a copy of Jedi Academy, it is a pre-release illegal warez version. Please delete it, wait six weeks, pay the local equivalent of ~$50 and then come back here. You'll find us a helpful bunch.

If you have Jedi Outcast - go to the forum called 'Valley of the Jedi' and there are plenty of very good server people there.

Mike

many applaud this outlook, but you should lay the **** off on that lame bit about the leak, everyone i've talked to that has it says it is an EXTREMELY old build. all it is is people have been itching for a year to see how it will be, and this incomplete leak (some five or six builds ago - that is very old version if you don't know what a build is) is nothing to get extremely excited about. consider it an extremely incomplete DEMO for christ's sake. so just ****ing chill out my god. get off your high-horse, self-righteous prick.
 Shotokan
08-01-2003, 5:36 AM
Originally posted by Orion Pax
I am referring Jedi Knight II.....ya know jedi outcast??? This forum is named Jedi Knight II....I figured yall would assume it was jedi outcast.....

Well Orion, inside this JediKnight II forum there are different sub directories pointed toward different aspects of the game. I wouldn't call the Jedi Academy Discussion an aspect but it came on here later so don't you all bash me. Seems the tension level has gone up a bit:confused:
 txa1265
08-01-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Rumor
many applaud this outlook, but you should lay the **** off on that lame bit about the leak Can you explain what you mean by 'the lame bit about the leak'?

all it is is people have been itching for a year to see how it will be,

Actually, Jedi Academy was announced almost 4 months ago. A year ago there was not even real rumors of a follow-up, as the console and Mac ports were still being churned out.

this incomplete leak (some five or six builds ago - that is very old version if you don't know what a build is) is nothing to get extremely excited about. consider it an extremely incomplete DEMO
That I shall not do. It is stolen property propagated by people with people with no respect for others' property. Your desire to term as an 'incomplete demo' or not warez because it is buggy is just an attempt at self-justifying rationalization.

for christ's sake. so just ****ing chill out my god. get off your high-horse, self-righteous prick.

Thank you for helping me place a quantitative value on your opinion.

Mike
 Shotokan
08-01-2003, 5:52 PM
LoL way to say it dude :D.
 Rumor
08-02-2003, 12:17 AM
Can you explain what you mean by 'the lame bit about the leak'?

Actually, Jedi Academy was announced almost 4 months ago. A year ago there was not even real rumors of a follow-up, as the console and Mac ports were still being churned out.

That I shall not do. It is stolen property propagated by people with people with no respect for others' property. Your desire to term as an 'incomplete demo' or not warez because it is buggy is just an attempt at self-justifying rationalization.

Thank you for helping me place a quantitative value on your opinion.

Mike

Actually you have been a sadistic bastard to anyone who even mentioned it.

Its like you thought you were the almighty God of Righteousness and it was discusting and saddening to see you cut people down in such a brutal manner. A lot of the people are very young (10-15) and take things to heart when you thrash them. Hell, they may not know where to draw the line with warez, etc., but they do not deserve the **** you threw at them. the older gamers, myself included, are mature enough to let it roll off and disregard what you said that was not exactly conductive to a friendly atmosphere. also, don't you dare come out with a bit about how people should be more mature who buy the game, you have no say in that, its out there for everyone to buy (speaking of any game). You have no right to condescend other people here. If the moderators feel that such a topic is not for discussion, then it will be removed by their choice, not yours. I personally sample any game i'm interested in before i waste $50 on a piece of ****, be it downloading a warez version, getting a demo, or going to a friends and trying it out. If it is good enough then i go out and buy it, if its not, i delete and unistall it. Same goes for music. I downloaded the song "Did My Time" by Korn from the tomb raider soundtrack and i liked it enough that i went out and bought the album, just because of that *one song. Same goes for both Adema albums, Ozzy's album from last year, the new Mesuggah, and Powerman 5000 cd's. I also downloaded the song "St. Anger" by Metallica and it was a complete piece of ****, so i deleted it and did not get the album, even though i've been a fan of Metallica since i was 3 years old.

Sorry for getting a bit off on a tangent but you get my point. You have *no right to be condescending to any single person here. If something is inapprorpiate, it will be removed by a moderator.
 JediTACC
08-02-2003, 1:17 AM
I can see where txa1265 is coming from: warez and talks about it are a pet peeve for him, and I totally agree. And he did say

so he covered his bases. Don't yell at the man who is just trying to help people with the forum's rules.
 txa1265
08-02-2003, 1:52 AM
PYou have *no right to be condescending to any single person here. If something is inapprorpiate, it will be removed by a moderator.

I agree with that - and apologize if I have been condescending, that certainly wasn't my intent.

But I never said in any way that 'people should be more mature who buy the game'. I believe very simply that people who want to play the game should buy it - that is the entirety of my point.

However, I feel very strongly about the Jedi Knight games and this community of good people and players, and feel that maintaining integrity is all of our business, not just for the moderators.

I also feel strongly that pirating is not only wrong, it is detrimental to the developers who make the games we love to play.

Maybe it is because I have been around long enough to have had, as a scientist, some of my papers plagiarized, research stolen, and ideas co-opted; and in other areas of my life have had ideas stolen or co-opted ... that I see the problems it can cause.

So I am direct - and if that means that a few 15 year olds rethink downloading things that are not publically released, then I see that as a good thing.

It is tough enough growing up these days, I try to teach my kids right and wrong in as black and white terms as possible. And I tell them that if they would not be proud to tell their parents, teachers, sensei, or our local police officer what they are doing, then perhaps they shouldn't be doing it.

Each person on this forum must make their own decisions about everything in life, but when I see anything that I believe is out of bounds on these forums - not just on this subject - I will try to respectfully respond.

Mike
 Rumor
08-02-2003, 7:29 AM
I agree with that - and apologize if I have been condescending, that certainly wasn't my intent.

But I never said in any way that 'people should be more mature who buy the game'. I believe very simply that people who want to play the game should buy it - that is the entirety of my point.

nah, i just said not to say that"

However, I feel very strongly about the Jedi Knight games and this community of good people and players, and feel that maintaining integrity is all of our business, not just for the moderators.

it was the way you put those people that got me down. it became a virtual "pirate bashing" frenzy.

I also feel strongly that pirating is not only wrong, it is detrimental to the developers who make the games we love to play.

Maybe it is because I have been around long enough to have had, as a scientist, some of my papers plagiarized, research stolen, and ideas co-opted; and in other areas of my life have had ideas stolen or co-opted ... that I see the problems it can cause.

So I am direct - and if that means that a few 15 year olds rethink downloading things that are not publically released, then I see that as a good thing.

that has happened to me as well. when i was in grade school i would beat the living daylights out of anyone who tried to copy my work (if they were boys). back then there wasn't an automatic suspension for fighting ^^

It is tough enough growing up these days, I try to teach my kids right and wrong in as black and white terms as possible. And I tell them that if they would not be proud to tell their parents, teachers, sensei, or our local police officer what they are doing, then perhaps they shouldn't be doing it.

Each person on this forum must make their own decisions about everything in life, but when I see anything that I believe is out of bounds on these forums - not just on this subject - I will try to respectfully respond.

Mike

yeah, its not easy. but just don't be so hard on them.
 Kurgan
08-07-2003, 3:35 PM
Suffice to say, he went to the wrong forum. Rather than start yet another pointless debate/flame war about the illegal beta, let's just call a halt and make peace...

Move along, nothing to see here.
Page: 1 of 1