Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Vehicle combat - 1st person or 3rd person

Page: 1 of 1
 only1kenobi
07-31-2003, 6:17 AM
I was just wondering since vehicles do feature more in JA than they did in JO, whether you'd control your vehicle from a 3rd person view like in JO and the AT-ST, or whether you'd have a 1st person view - I saw a screenshot on the Lucasarts site which looked like a 1st person view of a cockpit, but it could be computers and stuff which are part of a level and nothing more. And what would you prefer? Even though it's too late since the game is almost done, would you rather drive your vehicles through the eyes of your character or from a 3rd person view...:confused:
 txa1265
07-31-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by only1kenobi
I was just wondering since vehicles do feature more in JA than they did in JO, whether you'd control your vehicle from a 3rd person view like in JO and the AT-ST, or whether you'd have a 1st person view - I saw a screenshot on the Lucasarts site which looked like a 1st person view of a cockpit, but it could be computers and stuff which are part of a level and nothing more. And what would you prefer? Even though it's too late since the game is almost done, would you rather drive your vehicles through the eyes of your character or from a 3rd person view...:confused:

What you are referring to, I believe, was not a vehicle.

I would like there to be options, just like when you have weapons - I'd like to be able to hit my 'P' key and shift perspective (who knows ... maybe you couldn've done it in JKII - I was fine with 3rd person on the AT-ST, which I didn't mind like some people, as it was so much better than the MoH tanks ...)

All shots seen so far are 3rd person, but that is to show off the Tauntaun. I don't know if it is selectable.

Mike
 FiNLuX
07-31-2003, 11:06 AM
Yeah i think its selectable like in JK2. like txa1265 said.
 taekwondo joe
07-31-2003, 11:13 AM
wll i would not want to dribve my speeder just from a 1rst person veiw, i would love to be able to drive from a 3rd! both siuts me
 toms
07-31-2003, 2:43 PM
I'd rather that they 3rd person was around the player not the vehicle. So on a speeder or a tautaun 1st or 3rd would be much like in JO. But INSIDE a vehicle like a walker 1st would have a 3rd cockpit and limited view, 3rd would be a view of the player sitting inside the cockpit.

Possibly not as useful, but at least it might feel like you were IN a vehicle. In JO it just fet like you had morphed into a walker. :(
 praenuntius
08-02-2003, 1:31 PM
In JO there were options for "3rd Person Saber" and "1st Person Guns". These set the default views depending on what you were wielding. Maybe they should just add another option called "3rd Person Vehicle" or some such thing.
 txa1265
08-02-2003, 3:04 PM
Originally posted by praenuntius
In JO there were options for "3rd Person Saber" and "1st Person Guns". These set the default views depending on what you were wielding. Maybe they should just add another option called "3rd Person Vehicle" or some such thing. I agree - it should be mapped to your perspective key. Some games have a 'camera' key, for vehicles ... I hope they do something, even if it is just 1st and 3rd.

Mike
 taekwondo joe
08-02-2003, 4:47 PM
well is aw a pic of the speeders in action, its 3rd person view, never saw a first
Page: 1 of 1