Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

lightsabers in multi same as 1.04?

Page: 2 of 2
 Obi-Wan X
08-11-2003, 11:51 PM
I think 1 hit would be a bit to fast of a kill actually, I think 2 or 3 would be better. Three really, and this includes full shields.

The Lightsaber is just that devestating.
 ryudom
08-12-2003, 1:05 AM
i would like to be able to use a lightsaber in a competitive guns game once and a while
 Dilandau-Sama
08-12-2003, 1:50 AM
I have never played on1.01 or 1.02 or 1.03. Really. I got the game way after it came out.:(
 FK | unnamed
08-12-2003, 2:10 AM
There was no 1.01; the first retail version was 1.02.

Recently I started using that patch commander thing to go back and play on 1.02/1.03 servers and after doing so I have achieved a new level of appreciation for 1.04.

I may have been critical in the past about 1.04 but once you play it then go back to one of the older versions you will see just how smooth and crisp the game play is in the current version.

The level of responsiveness that is found in 1.04 is superb when compared to the older versions.

Not to mention the hit detection and balance issues.

You think the force is unbalanced in 1.04?

Go back to 1.02 and drain someone..

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I mean sure 1.04 has some little bugs and flaws and we all agree the sabers should have been a little stronger (something Raven acknowledged as well) but I sincerely hope the level of quality in terms of game play mechanics that is found in 1.04 makes it's way into Jedi Academy.
 ryudom
08-12-2003, 2:14 AM
or better ;)
 Jah Warrior
08-17-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
Make an option:

(checkbox in multiplayer admin panel)

Saber Damage: [ ]Classic [ x ]Hardcore

"Classic" would be the 1.04 style, "weak" sabers for long drawn out duels. The "Hardcore" option would be 1.02 style, with "cheap" moves and high damage, for games like CTF so it can be useful alongside other weapons and have quick kills, etc.

now that is a very good idea, the game is completely different when duelling compared to CTF or FFA.

The command you mean was g_saberdamagescale, we used to run at 0.65 which made it so you could get a 1 hit kill but it would have to be utterly perfect. 10 minute duels were common place which suited our play style. Oh yeah blocking was increasd to, box trace size or something as i remember.
 Kurgan
08-18-2003, 11:09 PM
Yeah, ChangKhan pointed that out to me as well earlier. I'll have to try that next time I host...
 Shaggy1984
08-19-2003, 11:31 AM
Personally I think the sabre damage is great where it is on its default setting in 1.04.

It seems almost perfectly balanced, you can quickly inflict a large amount of damage with any stance if you get the right oppertunities. No stance outweighs the other, each stance having both their strengths and weaknesses and suitable for various situations.

If there is anything I would like to see altered is the issue of stance change. As it is in 1.04 there is sometimes a little bit of a wait required when changing stances. For example say im doing a red vertical chop, and mid chop I change to blue stance to continue on into a quick blue side to side, I'll often find myself stuck on red stance unless I wait, for a good second or so not swinging. ( I'm not sure if I explained it too well :p ) I know its just a minor quirk but I'd love to see this fixed up in making the stance change a smooth transition. Not only would this be helpful, but would make things a little more variable when it comes to combos.

Heres hoping :)
 Jeff 42
08-19-2003, 1:23 PM
Originally posted by ryudom
edit: btw are you oE jeff?
Yes.
 yolkboy
08-20-2003, 1:18 AM
Originally posted by Shaggy1984
As it is in 1.04 there is sometimes a little bit of a wait required when changing stances. For example say im doing a red vertical chop, and mid chop I change to blue stance to continue on into a quick blue side to side, I'll often find myself stuck on red stance unless I wait, for a good second or so not swinging. ( I'm not sure if I explained it too well :p ) I know its just a minor quirk but I'd love to see this fixed up in making the stance change a smooth transition. Not only would this be helpful, but would make things a little more variable when it comes to combos.

Heres hoping :)
Yeah, I understand perfectly. It always happens to me as well.
Page: 2 of 2