Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

GF script

Page: 1 of 1
 x311
07-30-2003, 9:34 PM
is there is a way to get or ro find a full script of words in a game?
imean every pharases of personnage.
 James Isaac
07-31-2003, 8:03 AM
Yes. I have one on my site here (http://dialspace.dial.pipex.com/town/pipexdsl/p/aprx52/Grim/scripts.htm)

:D

I do also have it as a formatted word document, but I am not putting that online.
 pleto4_ryan
07-31-2003, 5:21 PM
just to add one think.....

If you have plaied the game from the start to the finish and talked to everyone about everything then you can find the full script in your computer inside the folder of the game.
It is in a word file and saves all the phrazes you encountered during your game...;)
 James Isaac
08-01-2003, 4:49 AM
But not the cutscenes. And no formatting. I did those myself.
 Grim_comician
08-01-2003, 10:41 AM
How can we translate Grim fandango texts? I own a russian cd with both russian & english texts. I'm purposing on swedish.:)
 pleto4_ryan
08-01-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by James Isaac
But not the cutscenes. And no formatting. I did those myself.

WTG for your work...

but...one think...

There was a pacth that gived the game the possibility to show text in the cutscenes...That thingy was attached in the classic edition of grim fandango....(ya i am a crazy fan...bought it twice :D )

And in the script the WHOLE (and the cutscenes) are in there...

Did you have the patch for the text in the cutscenes when you made...

Eithere way you made good work. The script in the directory isn't so flow..it has gaps...:)
 James Isaac
08-01-2003, 2:08 PM
Ahh..... I didn't have that patch. I got the rest from the file. But for the cutscenes I listened to them, and wrote down with pencil and paper what they were saying.
 x311
08-01-2003, 10:05 PM
thx a lot james!1
 James Isaac
08-02-2003, 9:45 AM
OK. I will get the formatted version of the script on the web with my new GF site (DOD) (in the making).
 Grim_comician
08-11-2003, 8:28 AM
I've got a sample from another site that shows Grim Fandango. Take a look: Grim Fandango Review (http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=3925)
 Dawidos
08-11-2003, 1:39 PM
If you are searching patch , you may take it from official Grim Fandango Site at this link ftp://ftp.lucasarts.com/patches/pc/Gfupd101.exe

Greetings
Page: 1 of 1