Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

GF Soundtrack

Page: 1 of 1
 snuckey
07-28-2003, 8:04 AM
:confused: Why is the GF-OST quality so bad?? C'mon The Dig OST was at 128 kb and 44 Khz. DOn't be so poor. If someone knows where to download the ost with a normal quality plz post the url ;D
 Dawidos
08-20-2003, 6:51 PM
Does anybody know when can I buy a Grim Fandango soundtrack. I have in mind , internet shops or something.

Greetings
 MJ
08-22-2003, 1:14 AM
Can't think of any shops. But there's a very slight chance someone might put one on e-bay.
 slink-jadranko
09-02-2003, 3:26 AM
I've been looking for the sountrack somewhere for years now... No luck.
Only option I can see if to keep looking on ebay and other sites like it, and to hope I someday meet some really nice girl who happens to have it and then we can get married and live together listening to it hand in hand until we die...
Well, I can dream!
 Sallim
09-02-2003, 12:50 PM
Its my dream too =))
 Reharl
09-05-2003, 9:51 PM
I might help you on that.

Rip them all (voices included if you want them) and convert them to WAV with scummrev (http://quick.mixnmojo.com/files/ScummRev2.zip) .

I apologise if you've tried or knew about this before. Anyway, it's still the best way and the quality is very nice. Give it a shot.
 Sallim
09-06-2003, 6:53 AM
Werenґt the wav files in 22500 Hz? Its okay, but the quality fromj the soundtrack should be bit better ?!

But thats a great way to get a nice Soundtrack of Grim Fandango;)

The voices you can use as yours Windows Sounds.
Now Manny always says "No?! " if I do something weird in the system ;)

Cu Arthur
 slink-jadranko
09-06-2003, 7:27 AM
I have the soundtrack ripped now. It is quite good, although I need to find another mp3 encoder (I use Audiograbber with the Lame codec) since it won't encode 22khz wavs.

Meantime, I'm still after the OST for the quality, and the tracks that are in say FMV's and so can't be ripped. But still, the ripped ones are certainly much better than nothing for now!
 Sallim
09-06-2003, 8:20 AM
Oh audiograbber..ehm its ok, but this tool ( calls CDex which is freeware and works great under Winxp )
Cdex hompegae (http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/)
work fine with 22khz wavs ( check a minute ago, and its automatic change the format from22khz wave to 44mp3.

This should help you =)

What ist FMV ?
 slink-jadranko
09-06-2003, 8:26 AM
FMV is Full Motion Video - the cutscenes in GF, where the music is enclosed in the file not played from wav.
I will definitely get CDex, cheers man! I will finally be able to encode these 100s of MB's of GF wavs. And if it uses the Lame codec I may even switch from AG!
 Sallim
09-06-2003, 8:34 AM
Aha see see FMV.
You maybe cant rip the whole tracks from the FMV but you could use Goldwave to record same time when youre playing..I know there are many other sounds in it.
Yeah CDex use the lame codec ;)

You can give it a try.

So bye =)

Arthur
Page: 1 of 1