Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

DO NOT POST ABOUT... (everyone read before posting)

Page: 1 of 1
 Kurgan
07-27-2003, 9:26 PM
I really hate to do this, because it's so obvious that we don't allow this kind of behavior on our boards, and our long time posters are aware of our policy and behave themselves.

As the release of the game draws closer, we have been getting some new people who apparently didn't read the rules they agreed to when the signed up, this is unfortunate. Due to repeated violations, this is necessary.

Raven/LucasArts frequent our boards and posting this garbage is a slap in the face to their hard work, not to mention it makes the rest of us, who will purchase the game legally when it comes out jealous and resentful.

People posting "warez" related threads, discussing where to get it or asking how, or bragging about it, will be dealt with swiftly and severely (this includes links, information, screenshots, files, whatever... AND posting "spoilers" taken from the illegally leaked beta). To our honest and loyal members, I call on you to report immediately any such behavior you see that breaks these rules. Your help is appreciated. This also applies to our irc chatrooms. Members there that break the rules on warez may find themselves kicked or banned, perhaps indefinately.

The game is set for release this Fall (the week of September 17 is the latest figure given). Anyone claiming to have the game before that date, (who is not a member of the press or a Raven/LA employee of course) will automatically arouse our suspicion.

Those claiming to be beta testers will be asked to show us proof (in private) that they are who they claim to be (and believe me, we know Raven/LA so we CAN CHECK if needed). False claims like this will be considered 'trolling' and dealt with accordingly.
There is no legal public beta version of the game, and anyone claiming that there is is lying. The official release date for the game is Sept. 17, 2003.

An official legal demo version has been released, but it is SINGLE PLAYER ONLY and easily distinguishable from any warez or leaked beta version.

Now that you've been warned, people posting illegal material will risk being banned, their threads locked and posts deleted, possibly without warning. Feel free to email or PM us if you have problems.

People have already been banned for ignoring this warning, don't be the next!

Don't be stupid. Don't ruin it for the rest of us.

Anyone who feels they have been treated unfairly can email us and discuss it in private, however we have the final say.
 Andy867
08-07-2003, 2:33 AM
And to expand on Kurgan, anyone with links on a website, or any websites discovered carrying the Jedi Academy warez will be glady contacted by Activision lawyers and their warrant to have the site shut down and all activity to cease. So don't be stupid.. just delete the warez and enjoy the final product in mere weeks time.

Please PM me or email me @ andy867@jediknightii.net with any information on websites that are posting about the illegal beta/warez version of Jedi Academy, and then I will pass them along to the appropriate people who will deal with the websites.
 Kurgan
09-15-2003, 5:20 PM
Just an update, if anyone posts asking how to fix the following error in JA:

cl_parsepackentities (or similar) you WILL BE BANNED.
 Kurgan
09-29-2003, 7:08 AM
If you get the following error in JA or JK2, "CL_parsepacketentities" end of file or whatever, WE DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT.

Raven has stated before that this error comes from using an illegal exe file (be it a cd crack, hacked exe in a warez, etc).

They don't support it. There is no known fix that will help you, even if you claim to have a legit copy.

People keep posting endlessly about this error and we are powerless to help you.

So STOP posting. Post it in some other forum other than LucasForums. I already warned people they'd be banned, yet they still persist in posting about this error as if we can fix it for them.

WE CAN'T.

Nobody has posted a working solution that I know of since it first started happening in Quake3 back in 1999. This is a common error in all Q3 engine games, and as far as I know, 99.99% of cases are related to the use of illegal exes.

If you want, you can try updating your network drivers, if you insist you're not using any modified exe's. But other than that there's nothing, I repeat, NOTHING here for you.

There, I've said it, anything else and your posts will disappear, fast, and you may find yourself banned.

Another common error that we may listen to, but lock your thread is "Invalid Game Folder." This happens if you are using an illegal version of the game and try to join a legit server, OR if you are using a legit version of the game and try to join a warez or illegal beta server. The only way to get by this is to try another server.
 Kurgan
10-08-2003, 4:26 PM
 xzaero666
06-24-2006, 10:51 AM
Just an update, if anyone posts asking how to fix the following error in JA:

cl_parsepackentities (or similar) you WILL BE BANNED.

i've read the anwsers you've gave those people now i don't know if they had an original cd or instaled something but i have an original cd and it still says cl_parsepackentities on servers that have custom maps like on mb2_cmp_pgeo2a map and the only thing else that i've installed for this game is the 1.01 patch from the offical site.

and as i said before I HAVE NO CRACKS OR STUF LIKE THAT I HAVE A ORIGINAL GAME BOUGHT IN A LEGIT STORE WERE THEY DONT GIVE OUT GAMES THAT DONT WORK
 •-BLaCKouT-•
06-24-2006, 11:56 AM
you using a no-cd crack?
 Kurgan
06-24-2006, 6:50 PM
This really should go in the Technical Help forum.

Since this time we've discovered a possible way that people could be getting the error besides a pirated or cracked game. Anyway, feel free to ask there... just don't expect a friendly response unless you explain yourself first!
Page: 1 of 1