Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Grim Fandango Network: v5.0

Page: 1 of 1
 Thrik
07-15-2003, 8:19 PM
It's been a while, but the Grim Fandango Network has finally returned! As you know this is the site's 5th birthday. What better time to relaunch with the 5th design than now? :)

It's not all quite complete yet, throughout the next few days we will be working hard to finish up the site. However, there is some nice reading material plus the Grim Fandango soundtrack CD up for grabs (downloadable) on there So what are you waiting for? Go and enjoy it. :D
 scabb
07-15-2003, 8:46 PM
The design is fantastic, I love the concept. Now the forums need to match it, right Thrik ;

The random polaroids in the top right, the paper clipped scraps of paper and the staples are just stylish. I demand more little touches, such as coffee stains and little doodles, although they may just confuse people.

If I were Randy Sluganski, I'd give it a C+

Actually, nobody'll probably understand that.

Best design yet.
 MrManager
07-15-2003, 8:49 PM
I'll repeat myself -

Dig the design, looks very cool and different. Very nice colors that are easy on the eye.

The sub menu and main menu should be switched though. :¬:
 Thrik
07-15-2003, 8:59 PM
More details would be nice, I'm sure Metallus will look into it when he has some spare time.

As for the forums, don't worry - I'm going to be redesigning them over the next few days. Of course, if I do you all must visit more! :p
 Gabez
07-15-2003, 9:38 PM
Verrrrrrrrrry nice, although maybe the menu links could be easier to read without having to hover over them.

Great work though!
 bgbennyboy
07-15-2003, 9:54 PM
The new design is lovely, its a huge improvement from the inky blackness of the old one.
 Gabez
07-15-2003, 10:13 PM
I liked the old one a lot, but yeah, it's certainly refreshing to get away from black and purple.
 Blondebeard
07-16-2003, 12:07 AM
Very nice ! Congrats!
Who did the design I can't read it at the bottom? :P
 Metallus
07-16-2003, 3:44 AM
Hey everyone, thanks for the feedback. I'm back online now after missing the launch date for boring but necessary reasons :~

Remi- Okay, okay, you win. Sections are on the clipped note now, and the subpages will be displayed below it.

Gabez- I made the links in the menu slightly darker, does it make a difference?

scabb- You know, I hate it when you're right. I should have put some sort of food/coffee/alcohol/cig stains. I was a bit concerned since the coffee stain is one of Jake's trademarks, and I doubt I could do it very well. If you see a good example somewhere of a cigarette burn or something, send it my way and I'll see what I can do.

Blondebeard- Darkened the text on the bottom, you bastard :).
 Junior™
07-16-2003, 10:46 AM
The new design looks awesome - well done, Met!
 James Isaac
07-16-2003, 12:22 PM
Yeah, that looks reall good.

Except scabb is right, you shoudl put more things onto the page. Also, you should make the edges of the file look a bit rough. Sort of like how they have the edges of the map on the MI forums.
 Thrik
07-16-2003, 1:18 PM
Edges like the MI forum wouldn't be suitable in my opinion. The look is supposed to be a used office document, not an old-fashioned torn up piece of paper.

Markings would work well, but torn paper and such would be a bad idea.
 James Isaac
07-16-2003, 1:20 PM
No, I didn't mean torn paper. I was just saying that the MI forums have done something to the edges of their tables. You should just make it look slightly battered. And maybe a few rips.
 Sanspoof
07-16-2003, 3:43 PM
Hell yeah this D.O.D filing design is cool! But yeah, battered paper would look bad. Also, I'm glad that it looks more colourful and light than the inky darkness of the previous one, even though I am partial to a bit of darkness.
 Thrik
07-16-2003, 6:20 PM
Yes, the darkness was nice. But we had that for 4 years - it's definitely time for a change.
 Gabez
07-16-2003, 7:32 PM
Yeah, that's much better Met! Great job!
 mercatfat
07-17-2003, 6:03 AM
The background is so dull. Spice it up with an animated gif background and text that doesn't remotely contrast.

Calverablanca: 2.0. Yeah. They always had you beat.
 James Isaac
07-17-2003, 6:10 AM
You don't get a used office document that has perfectly smooth edges!! Make them slightly battered.
 pleto4_ryan
07-17-2003, 6:44 PM
aaaaaaand...back to business :D
Page: 1 of 1