Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

PCX problems with Costume Ripper

Page: 1 of 1
 juncmodule
07-12-2003, 11:56 PM
Sorry if this has been posted a zillion times...I searched the forums and came up empty...

I am attempting to use Costume Ripper and no matter what game I rip from it is ALWAYS the same problem. Blurry PCX images. I have attempted changing the resolution, using the other versions (DOS, DirectX, etc), turning off my video card...nothing seems to solve the problem.

Now, by blurry I mean the image just has some extra colors usually on the left. It's like the image is shifted over and there is a bright shadow left over. It just makes the image worthless.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any solutions? Is there another version of Costume Ripper somewhere?

Thanks,
-junc
 James Isaac
07-13-2003, 4:39 AM
Err... What games are you getting costumes from? I used it with CMI, and it was almost perfect.
 juncmodule
07-14-2003, 7:50 AM
For some people Costume Ripper works just fine, for some it doesn't. Any games produce the same thing. I am now using Costume Viewer, which exports as GIF, instead of Costume Ripper. The problem is completely eliminated. Costume Viewer is a little buggy so if anyone still has an answer then I would be interested.

later,
-junc
Page: 1 of 1