Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What MP game mode are you looking forward to the most?

Page: 1 of 1
 jesseg88
07-09-2003, 11:56 PM
What MP game mode are you looking forward to the most?
 Lil Killa
07-10-2003, 12:13 AM
I selected siege but power duel sounded cool in the interviews i have read.
 Solo4114
07-10-2003, 12:51 AM
DEFINITELY siege mode. I get REALLY bored with DM style gameplay, and the CTF maps in JO weren't all that entertaining to me (they were too small, I found, and too many of them were about pushing your enemies off of cliffs). Duel mode is cool, but it sucks to have to sit around in line. For me, objective oriented, class-based team multiplayer is where it's at, no question. I love Team Fortress, Weapons Factory for Q2, TFC for Half Life, RTCW, BF1942, etc. It's about damn time we had a version of this for Star Wars.
 Prime
07-10-2003, 2:25 AM
I'm looking forward to trying them all. On different days I feel like playing different games.
 Lil Killa
07-10-2003, 2:47 AM
Yeahm i'm the same way but siege just reminds me of bf1942. just imagine bf1942 for jk2 lol I'm sure siege wont be as good as bf1942 but i can dream:rolleyes:
 praenuntius
07-10-2003, 1:42 PM
I voted for siege but my enjoyment in multiplayer is mostly going to be decided by bot intelligence since decent broadband in Aus is still too expensive.
 Sargasso
07-10-2003, 3:29 PM
Siege Mode. Easiest poll I've ever taken.

It's the mode that should have been in Jedi Outcast.

I'd wager that it will be inferior to other class-based objective multiplayer I've had the pleasure of playing (namely TFC back in the day, DoD, RTCW). But at least they are taking this series in the right direction with this addition.
 Solo4114
07-10-2003, 4:40 PM
Yeah, plus, even if it sucks, at least there's an underlying architecture that people can build mods off of.
 DarkLord_44
07-10-2003, 4:56 PM
you gotta wonder if they will with this BF1942 style or TFC style because when you die in bf1942, you have to wait to spawn, but in TFC, you always did without delay.
 Emon
07-10-2003, 6:18 PM
I'll go out on a limb here and say Siege won't be an exact replica of another game because, as shocking as it may seem, Raven is the developer, they create things, new things! :rolleyes:
 Blademaster_109
07-10-2003, 6:53 PM
power duel will be sweet
 Sargasso
07-10-2003, 7:49 PM
Originally posted by Emon
I'll go out on a limb here and say Siege won't be an exact replica of another game because, as shocking as it may seem, Raven is the developer, they create things, new things! :rolleyes:

Which user in this thread said or implied that they wanted an "exact replica of another game" for Siege mode?
 Borlath Mon
07-10-2003, 8:20 PM
I'm looking forward to Siege. It's funny, though, for months, I've been pushing people in my JK/JO clan to be more serious about training in different specialties - Light FP, Dark FP, Guns, Sabres, etc, so we can really back each other up in big games, but nobody listened. Personally, I thought stuff like the Team powers were being wasted...at least, in my clan. Now, all of a sudden, Raven announces a Class based MP mode, and the guys I play with are suddenly talking about the "great idea" to train up in different specialties BEFORE JA comes out, in RTCW, or whatever.

It's nice to be ignored when I'm ahead of my time.
 PrimoSidone
07-10-2003, 8:36 PM
Siege, it will be the one thing that will keep ja up, lets say what 3 years? just like it did to team fortress
 Solo4114
07-10-2003, 8:43 PM
Practicing with other team/class based games before JA comes out won't help much. Hell, even practicing in JO won't help as far as the team/class stuff goes. We just don't know how the classes are going to play out.

The only reason why practicing in another game might help would be that it gets you accustomed to the concept of class games like TFC, RTCW, etc. You learn the general guidelines for, say, how to be a medic or an engineer. But an engineer in TFC is radically different from an engineer in RTCW, who is also different from an engineer in BF1942. So, really, don't expect the specific skills you develop in other games to help much, outside of getting used to playing that general style of game.
 Khier
07-10-2003, 11:28 PM
I will be looking forward to the siege gamemode. I've only played siege-ish game modes in Unreal Tournament and Time Splitters 2 lol, but I was really into it.
 Solo4114
07-11-2003, 12:44 AM
Well, I would say you should check out TFC and RTCW, but I don't know how much of a following they still have. BF1942 is going strong though. It's not quite the same as siege mode, since all you're really doing is capturing and holding a position, but it's got the class thing. Really, RTCW is probably the best example of class-based objective multiplayer. If you can find good games of that, that would give you a good idea of what to expect (I hope) in JA's siege mode.
 Emon
07-11-2003, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Sargasso Which user in this thread said or implied that they wanted an "exact replica of another game" for Siege mode?

It's something I'm kind of seeing everywhere.
 Rockstar
07-11-2003, 1:54 AM
whats power duel?? :rolleyes:

i went duel AS LONG as they make the sides balanced this time for it... i know that i'm keeping my fingers crossed in pathetic hope that they will balance the force sides.... :(
 Lil Killa
07-11-2003, 4:22 AM
in power duel up to 3 people can be in one duel like a 2 on one (maul. oni and quigon style)
 StormHammer
07-11-2003, 4:32 PM
I voted for Siege mode as well. I like FFA, TFFA and CTF, but I'm always looking for something new, and I like the variety of game modes in games like UT2K3. So the more new MP modes in JA the better. Siege sounds like it's going to be a real blast, and I can't wait to play it.
 The Cheat
07-11-2003, 11:24 PM
i chose deathmatch, i know what it is like so i know i like it
Page: 1 of 1