Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

All GF fans vote here

Page: 1 of 1
 Jokay1
07-08-2003, 8:14 PM
Do you think they should come out with a Grim Fandango 2, 3, and 4? :meche: :manny:
 pleto4_ryan
07-08-2003, 8:36 PM
2 yes....3 maybe...4 dunno

:)
 Sally Limones
07-08-2003, 10:21 PM
If they could all be pulled off well, yes.
~~Sal
 Branik
07-09-2003, 3:49 AM
Yeah, sure. Why not.
 GendoTheGreat
07-09-2003, 8:54 AM
I've changed my stance on Grim Fandango 2 since I first completed the original game, and I'm going to say no to all three. GF is perfect as it is. In my opinion sequels, no matter how faithful, would kill the magic dead. But that's just me...
 C Shutt
07-09-2003, 9:09 AM
My answer to this question has always been "no". Now that Tim Schafer is no longer at LucasArts, change that to a "hell no".
 ZaXeriaw
07-09-2003, 12:52 PM
Right after I finished GF, I believed that Lucas Arts already was ready with a sequel, but when Tim Schafer left Lucas Arts, that crashed all my dreams about another perfect game... But there's still a little hope....
 Thrik
07-09-2003, 1:46 PM
I'm neutral on it, really.

On one hand, I'd hate to see a sequel. The original was a perfect masterpiece and needs nothing more to continue the story. The story was closed, there's no way to continue the story with Manny, really. And using another character would just suck.

However, I'd also love to see a sequel because it would boost the community around here dramatically and give me something to be excited about.

A third or fourth game? Jesus.. no. They'd be pressed to find a non-crappy way to continue the story as it is. Nevermind keeping it going over another two games in addition to that.
 Sanspoof
07-09-2003, 4:01 PM
I don't really give a flying fudge. Yes, a GF2 would be brilliant, although without Manny it would seem to suck a little, but there's a little dead dust round here and we need something new to be excited about.

However, yes, there is a massive chance that they'll sever the brilliance and art off the entire series by making a sequel, but does it matter? It doesn't change the first one much does it?
 pleto4_ryan
07-10-2003, 8:10 AM
A grim fandango 2 can be made brilianty if they make a prequel showing manny's life before the start of the original. Showing when he came, how he got the job, we would do some of his missions...see much more el marrow and then be part in the times when manny was thrown by domino....:)

I found it dazzing :D
 ZaXeriaw
07-10-2003, 9:09 AM
A prequel will suck! If they create a prequel, Glottis wouldn't be your friend, but only a normal deamon, and that will ruin the humor in the game...
 scabb
07-10-2003, 12:52 PM
The "mysterious" elements are what make games rule. Such as the first two Monkey Island games - Who is this guy? How did he get here?

When people try explaining these mysteries, things start sucking.
 AnxiousApe
07-10-2003, 2:08 PM
Like Thrik said, the story's over. Manny saved the day and now he's moved on. I don't see how they could bring him back without some stupid explanation.

Of course, I'd love a sequel, but only if it's a good storyline. With lots of Glottis appearances :D
 pleto4_ryan
07-10-2003, 3:10 PM
Originally posted by ZaXeriaw
A prequel will suck! If they create a prequel, Glottis wouldn't be your friend, but only a normal deamon, and that will ruin the humor in the game...

well....if you think about it, with good handling he can be still there...and create much humour...:)

The "mysterious" elements are what make games rule. Such as the first two Monkey Island games - Who is this guy? How did he get here?

absolutely, but manny's mysterie is only how he ended in DOD. Of course the main plot could be him to find out how he ended in that position and in the end never finding the truth :rolleyes: :p
 Dawidos
07-20-2003, 4:30 PM
I like Grim Fandango very much :). And I have been waiting for its sequel for five years. And GF2 must be sequel ,not prequel. So I think that Manny nad Meche should come out with Grim Fandango 2. But I don't think so that GF 3 and G4 will rise.
 Aranolorion
07-20-2003, 7:17 PM
would you make a sequel to Casablanca?

you sick, sick man, you.

ergo - i dont want to see a sequel. its a great game as it is, very sweet, and should be left to stand as is.
 Dawidos
07-21-2003, 9:32 AM
Why did you call me sick man ? It's just only my opinion. Maybe you have another , but I think that. :)
 pleto4_ryan
07-21-2003, 8:05 PM
Grim fandango 2 was always a dream for me....

but let's be realistic...3 and 4? are not just dreams, they are non-effective..

----------------------------------

why do you think grim fandango 2 shall be so bad???
As mentioned with good ways of using it it can be a masterpiece....

Just saying no because you don't want the first to be messed...is not so healthy,
is it? ;) The first cannot and will never be meesed up...

I don't accept the wrong feeling that when a sequel of a movie games sucks then the original loose something...that's just childish...
 Glottiscane
07-25-2003, 2:43 PM
First of all, Lucasarts is full of smart people, and i beleive if there was anything reallly important in Manny's past that couldn't have been inferred, Grim Fandango™1 would have been about his past, and GF2 would be about the whole meche dealie.

A reason though, that GF2 won't really work is its a huge risk for lucasarts. GF1 didnt make a huge bank. Sure, it has its following. its one of my favorite games, but it could be a lot of money to make game2 wasted--and I want Lucasarts to contiue makin those good ol adventure games.

Pretty Much what I'm trying to say is that all of us want to continue adventuring with Manny and Glottis, but its not likely to happen...unless someone with a lot of free time makes a kickass fangame.
:hector: :manny: :meche:
 pleto4_ryan
07-25-2003, 3:04 PM
Well it could be named Grim Fandango 0 :D

em...correct me if i am wrong but i thought that the game was profit for lucasarts...

In america it was disaster but in europe and the other countries it sell so good it erazed the very bad time in america...

--------------

Oh and....
Where do you find those wonderful smileys???
 Glottiscane
07-25-2003, 7:27 PM
ur asking me???? click the [get more] link under the smilies box on the left of the screen and they're there somewherez. Anyway, I DO really like the way Grim Fandango ended, and i personally wouldn't mind if they don't try to add anything, just in case its dumb.
 SalvadorLimones
07-26-2003, 12:04 AM
I would have to agree with some folk on this post because the game is allready so good that almost any attempt at making another one would not be as good. On the other hand I would love to see it continue even though the plot was concluded at the end of the game. Maybe a prequle? I think not but I would like to see it only if it was somehow made as good as the rest.

Cheers

Keep Fighting the Good Fight
 Bushmeister
07-26-2003, 3:39 PM
For me, no Tim Schafer = no to a sequel, especially when there is really no need for the story to continue. If LucasArts tried to carry on without the main maestro like they did with Monkey Island, the games would probably still be fun, but nowhere near as good as the orignal and a sequel would just cheapen the first game, just like CMI cheapened the ending of LCR which Ron Gilbert had made.
 Glottiscane
07-26-2003, 4:02 PM
Hey, now. There was no need to cheapen the ending of Lechuck's Revenge™. It was already pretty cheap. In my opinion, Curse os Monkey Island™ was the best game of all. Lechuck's Revenge™ was the worst...
 GinnyW
07-28-2003, 4:12 AM
Well, I'm undecided. I once thought that I really want a sequel, and had some ideas even (like the train breaking down, and glottis dissappering so you can't find him, but it just doesn't work). The ending is the best ending ever made, and no other game can reach that quality in my opinion.
Of course, making the sequel without Tim would be unthinkable, it's out of the question! Tim is making Psychonuats right now, which is part platform part adventure and has a great concept, and makes me wish I had an XBox (cause it's only coming out on Xbox. damn microsoft). In any case if Tim ever makes a GF2 with his new company, and particularly because he has another idea, no oter reason, then I fully trust him to make it just as good, or perhaps better? Nah, that's impossible, nothing is better than GF ;).
 VampireNaomi
07-28-2003, 5:35 AM
I'd like to see a sequel no matter how bad it might be. But I have no idea what it could be about, the story is complete and ready (as many have already pointed out).

But that reminds me, at http://www.fanfiction.net) are three fanfics about GF2. All have been unfinished for a while, but I think they are still worth reading.
 GendoTheGreat
08-03-2003, 1:29 PM
Ginny, long time no see. Where have you been hiding yourself?

Naomi: I see you've taken it upon yourself to bulk up FFN's GF section a little.

Turpentine! :lol: Priceless, I love it. Keep up the good work.
 theburglar
08-09-2003, 11:56 AM
all of you make a valid point. But you are forgetting something. Grim Fandango bareley even made a profit. As a rule, sequels sell worse than the originals (except for FF7 and Elder scrolls 3). It would be a waste of time and $.

And now with schaufer gone...
 Glottiscane
08-12-2003, 4:15 PM
all of you make a valid point. But you are forgetting something. Grim Fandango bareley even made a profit. As a rule, sequels sell worse than the originals (except for FF7 and Elder scrolls 3). It would be a waste of time and $.

That's exactly what I said. According to pleto4_ryan, however, "In america it was disaster but in europe and the other countries it sell so good it erazed the very bad time in america..." Yeah....I don't exactly know your basis for that information. Sure, GF made a profit, but not a huge one. The folks at lucasarts gotta be paid, and GF2 doesn't sound like a good move financially. Sure, I'd love to go on another adventure w/ manny, but it ain't gonna happen, and that's fine, becuz GF ended nicely enough.
But perhaps, with a little more advertising, it COULD do well. I mean, I've seen plenty of commercials here in America for the Star Wars games that Lucas Arts makes, but not one commercial on tvfor any of the adventure games, i.e. Monkey Island of Grim Fandango. ONCE i saw an ad for Monkey Island 4 in like PCgamer or ESPN magazine, but thats it.
 Susan
08-13-2003, 3:19 AM
The interesting thing is I'm usually all about a sequel. Just can't stop with what I've got.

But when I finished GF, I thought, "This was a great game. I'm satisfied with how it turned out and can't really imagine any type of sequel or prequel." So in conclusion, my answer is no. It's sad that there's just one GF game, yes, but I think the game is fine the way it is. I don't think there's any need to try to add any more.
 pleto4_ryan
08-13-2003, 10:39 PM
i don't understand the saying....

"it ended just fine and i don't want any sequel or prequel"

I don't find that statement enought to call off any Grim Fandango 2...

I mean...the game took place in the land of the dead....a WHOLE WIDE world...

Was manny the only one with some decent story? ;)
Page: 1 of 1