Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Please tell me what you think of my GF site!

Page: 1 of 1
 James Isaac
07-07-2003, 8:10 AM
Hey,

I have just made my own GF site. It covers the game, and has some extra content. Not all the links are working yet, but the first few are. Could you please visit it:

The Grim Fandango Universe (www.aprx52.dsl.pipex.com/Grim/index.htm).

Then tell me what you think of it, and give me tips on how to make it better.

Thanks,
James
 pleto4_ryan
07-07-2003, 8:52 AM
well....i like the look. and it looks promising.
Not many things work now..:D

but...;)
 James Isaac
07-07-2003, 12:00 PM
I have most of the content, just in old style. I am taking time over transfering it from frames.
 Samnmax221
07-08-2003, 3:01 PM
What did You use for that microsoft publisher it's how i started but i'ts not as high quality as other rograms like visaul basic
 James Isaac
07-08-2003, 3:02 PM
I use Dreamweaver MX. It is really expensive though.
 Samnmax221
07-08-2003, 3:15 PM
Never heard of it
 James Isaac
07-08-2003, 4:10 PM
http://www.macromedia.com/software/dreamweaver/)

It is sort of like Front Page, except with more features.
 Branik
07-08-2003, 4:36 PM
Looks very promising.
 Tall Guy
07-09-2003, 9:40 PM
Originally posted by Samnmax221
Never heard of it :O really?!....wow:(
 Tall Guy
07-09-2003, 9:51 PM
Site and all contents © James Isaac 2002 - Do not copy any code or images etc really? looks suspiciously like GFN 4 ;) hehe plus we dont host your site yet you say we do :) still we appreciate the link :) nice site btw
 James Isaac
07-10-2003, 3:53 AM
Oops sorry, but it was going to be hosted before, but then stuff happened.

And sorry about copying your stuff. What did I copy? Tell me what I have copied on the main news page and I'll change it, adn then for all the other pages aswell.

And also, could someone help me. I want to have one of those things at the top of my paghe which is like a music bar. It is just a little bar with, say, 3 GF songs on it. And it has the buttons Play, Pause, Stop, Back A Track, Forward A Track. Can anyone tell me where I can get that?
 Thrik
07-10-2003, 5:02 PM
I'm sure you'll find something for it on HotScripts (http://www.hotscripts.com). They have practically every script you'll ever need in some form on there.

As for the design, it looked extremely similar to the GFN last night. You used the same page-background as our site, plus the purple and such. However, you seem to have noticed this and changed it today.

You may not have noticed but all the images on your site are broken. You've linked them to your hard-drive rather than your ftp space.
 James Isaac
07-10-2003, 5:07 PM
OK, thanks.

And yeah, I just noticed that I linked to my hard drive, but my host (Pipex) is really annoying, and it takes hours to update something. So I fixed it, but you won't be able to see it for a few hours or something like that.

And anyway, I might do a total site re-design (that means new colours and look), so then it won't be copying your site.
 scabb
07-10-2003, 7:32 PM
You won't be able to get a news script up on the Pipex DSL space. They do support some pre-scripted CGI crap, but you can't just use what you want. And PHP/mySQL is completely out of the question, which sucks. Still, the webspace you get is pretty decent, I've taken advantage of mine (http://www.apaw90.dsl.pipex.com) too to store a bunch of Grim save games.

Marquee is the devil. Remove it or I will cut you to bits with a rusty pair of scissors with a previous rabid owner.
 James Isaac
07-11-2003, 12:04 PM
OK, I made some changes, please look again at www.gfuniverse.cjb.net). And could you tell me if there is anything else wrong. Once I know, I will do the opther pages (I have about 80% of the content already, but it is in an old style).

And scabb, why don't you like marquee? Tell me, then I'll remove it.
 Sanspoof
07-11-2003, 5:13 PM
Ugh. Marquee. Too much... too much...
 James Isaac
07-12-2003, 7:38 AM
OK... I got read of the marquee. But what do you think of the rest of the page?
 Darth Eggplant
07-12-2003, 7:40 AM
a plug in popped up telling me i had to download something, and it would take 38 minutes to do so, therefore I'm a fraid I'll have to pass. I know so many of you out there have top of the line models, but there are still many people on 56k, and even some 28k users too. as much fun as a fancy site can be; it has its drawbacks as well.
good luck anyhow.
 GendoTheGreat
07-12-2003, 7:50 AM
Hey, looking awesome man. Love the music bar.
 James Isaac
07-12-2003, 7:55 AM
GendoTheGreat: Thanks :D

Darth Eggplant: Hmm... That could have been the music bar... If you don't have Windows Media Player. But thanks for visiting anyway.

So is this (www.aprx52.dsl.pipex.com/Grim/index.htm) ok? Should I put up that new style for the rest of the pages?
 ZaXeriaw
07-14-2003, 2:07 PM
I don't like that you shall download this Blue Casket song, every time you ґgo to another site, if you didn't downloaded it first time... I don't like music on sites as well.... But it looks promising.. :)

-Good Luck..
 Dawidos
10-11-2003, 12:09 PM
Well, design is very good, but there aren't many informations. Some of links don't exist. I think that you still work on this site and it's a reason of this problem.
 James Isaac
10-11-2003, 2:23 PM
Yeah, I stopped that site, and i am working on a new design instead. The site is called "The D.O.D.". And this time it will have a lot more stuff
 amadeus
10-11-2003, 3:03 PM
Since we already have the GFN, it might be a good idea to focus on something more specific, like the sites hosted by the GFN before they went down.

Speaking of which, Tall guy, could you get in touch with me? fetusaction@hotmail.com
 Dawidos
10-11-2003, 7:22 PM
Originally posted by James Isaac
Yeah, I stopped that site, and i am working on a new design instead. The site is called "The D.O.D.". And this time it will have a lot more stuff

So, I'm waiting :). When you finish, write here.
 James Isaac
10-12-2003, 5:06 AM
Yeah, I will.
Page: 1 of 1