Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Warcraft 3 expansion !

Page: 1 of 1
 another_trooper
07-06-2003, 3:20 PM
In response to the keep this forum alive thread, I ask all of you this : Did any1 else get the expansion for warcraft3 ? I've been playing it for awhile now. I must say that I'm disapointed by the campaigns, but the multiplayer value is great though !
 DarthMuffin
07-06-2003, 3:22 PM
I completly agree with you. IMO, Blizzard has some huge creativity problems. Did you notice all the similarities between TFT and Brood War?

However, multiplayer is just great. I have some problems with the new armors/damage system though...
 another_trooper
07-06-2003, 5:24 PM
That much is true, but the editor looks nice though. Apparently you can edit spells and all . . .I'm actually making a map of warcraft 3 ! Look for it soon on B.Net.
 Kylilin
07-06-2003, 5:46 PM
I have never actually played warcraft, any of them, are they good?
 DarthMuffin
07-07-2003, 1:53 PM
Of course they are:D

WC3 is not a normal RTS though... Blizzard used to call it a RPS (Role Playing Strategy). WC2 was good, but is kinda outmatched now... Don't even bother trying WC1.

I'm in the "WC is better than SC" group (gotta like medieval games). WC3 is really the best strategy game I ever played.
 Kylilin
07-07-2003, 3:16 PM
How does it rank up against Command & Conquer?
 DarthMuffin
07-07-2003, 4:28 PM
I played C&C Generals for some time, but IMO it's no match for WC3. I got bored of Generals after a couple of weeks...

As for Tiberian Sun and Red Alert, I never really played them.

Anyway, if you are obsessed by guns and tanks, you'll be happier with generals...

At least the sides are diffrent in C&C. I tried to play Rise of Nations, but I find the civilizations not really different from each others.
 another_trooper
07-08-2003, 8:51 PM
The only problem with warcraft3 is that the counterability of unit types is exagerated. Let's say you get a bunch of archers and the other guy gets a bunch of footmen (with defend which means 75% percent less dmg delt by peircing therefore archers), you are dead no matter how good you are controlling and managing your units. In SC, if you're smart you can still have a chance !
Page: 1 of 1