Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

VDM sound

Page: 1 of 1
 Jonny-5
07-05-2003, 7:09 PM
I was trying to play monkey island with vdm sound, and the sound came out of my computer? is there a way to switch it to your speakers? If i try playing the game with scummvm it doesnt show the backgrounds.
 scabb
07-05-2003, 8:48 PM
The sound from SoMI comes straight from the CD, so that generally has to be in the CD-drive when you play the game.

Also, no backgrounds with ScummVM? Have you tried grabbing the latest build (http://www.scummvm.org)?) Which version of the game are you running, exactly?

I'm sure Dr. Benny will be along later with a better diagnosis, but until then, try the above. VDMSound sucks.
 Jonny-5
07-06-2003, 12:48 AM
Yea it works now, thank you.
 Joshi
07-06-2003, 4:16 PM
Hang on, how do you play without the CD? Or at least with internal speakers? Only the love scene on the peer is a hell of a lot better with internal speakers I always thought (that's when I had the game on floppy).
 Jonny-5
07-06-2003, 6:18 PM
I burned it onto a cd and it worked
 Huz
07-09-2003, 5:01 PM
Originally posted by Neil Joshi
Hang on, how do you play without the CD? Or at least with internal speakers? Only the love scene on the peer is a hell of a lot better with internal speakers I always thought (that's when I had the game on floppy). The truly masochistic can start the game from the DOS prompt with the 'i' argument, eg.

> monkey i

...for internal speaker sound. Use 'h' as an argument for a list of the other options you can set.
Page: 1 of 1