Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Field to Field

Page: 1 of 1
 obi
07-01-2003, 1:06 AM
It was a normal day like any other for John Paul McMatthews. He had slaved away in his office, filing complaints and filling out paperwork after paperwork. He had always thought he wanted to be a lawyer because of his father's great practice. The joy sort of left the job after a while. When he turned thirty years of age, He decided that he really didn't want to be a lawyer anymore. He had no choice really, but to live every day of his life like the past. On his usual everyday routine walk to the sub station to catch his ride home, a man stepped from around the corner. He was a rather tall fellow, and his cloths were old black garments that looked like they should be on a homeless person. He wore old Black sunglasses and his black hair reflected the sun. The man grinned at stepped in front of John, keeping him from continuing.

"Can I help you?" John asked the man, clearly annoyed by his appearance.

"You can come with me, John." The man said back to him, with a grin.

"Who are you, and how do you know my name?!" John asked him, now terrified at this strange man. He was hoping that the man would answer that he was from his old high school, and wanted to get a cup of coffee, but there was no such luck. Immidiatly after John finished the question, the strange man took a knife out of his garments and thrusted it into his heart.

John tried to shout in pain and for help, but when he opened his mouth, nothing came out but quiet air. John began to feel cold as the daylight began to fade. The strange man took him to a back ally, keeping him poised upwards to avert attention. When they arrived to the back of the ally, the man took the knife out of John's chest, and John fell back and hit his back on the wall, where he used the wall's leverage to keep him up. John looked at the man with an angry face, and the man approached him again, and slashed his throat.
 obi
07-01-2003, 1:39 AM
John awakened from what felt like a quick sleep to find himself in a clearing in the woods. He was lying on his back, and facing upwards. He was in the nude, but that was the least of his concers at the moment. He stood to his feet, and looked at his surroundings. Then for a moment he thought about what had happened only minutes before. It was a bit odd that he was not dead. At least, he didn't think he was anyway. A moment or so later, a group of men came from a path that lead down into the vastness of the woods. They were all wearing what the same cloths the man that had attacked him wore. They stopped their approach, but John seen one man walk away from the group. The man that had walked away from the group was walking in his direction. A bit on edge, John backed up a little. When the man finally cought up to John, John's face was one of anger. It was the man that had just stabbed him with the knife. John threw up his fists in a sort of defensive stance. The man smiled and chuckled and spoke.

"Easy, I'm not here to hurt you. You are among friends." The man said.

"Friends don't stab eachother." John said, looking at the man and then galncing to the large group, then back at the mysterious man.

"Rest assured, I did what I did because I had to. I did not enjoy watching you suffer." The man said.

"The big grin you had on your face tells me otherwise." John answered.

"I was grinning not because of what you think I was doing, but I was grinning at what I was actually doing."

"And that was..?"

"Bringing you here. There only way you can get from the Earth to this place once you are born there is through facing death. I did what I did because I had to. You, wheather or not you believe me, are important to these people you see behind me."

"Who are you, and who are they? What is this place, and What am I doing here?!" John asked. Once he knew there were so many questions to be answered, he went into a sort of state of panic.

"Well, All of the answers will come to you in time. My name is Baron Liazik. I know it is not a name that you hear everyday on Earth, but that is because I was not born on Earth." The man answered.

"Baron......So, you are an alien or something?" John asked.

Baron chuckled and answered: "No, not quite. I was not born in a mortal world, but rather in an immortal world. I cannot die on your Earth, but here, I am as vulnerable as you are."

"What is this place?" John asked.

"This is what we call the battlefield. For many years, we have ben at war with the outcasts. The army you see behind me is a small group of fighters that believe in the same cause as I, and are willing to die for it." Baron explained.

"What cause is that?"

"The cause to overcome an army bred for destruction. The cause to fight for all we have worked hard to accomplish. The cause to live life the way it was supposed to be."

"And these......outcasts.....threaten your lives?"

"Oh yes, everyday. Their army is strong and full of hatred. The leaders have no mercy and thirst for blood. The only way to satisfy them is to give them your life and allegance. That is something we will not do, because in the end, they will be destroyed." Baron told him.

"By who?"

"You, John. I brought you here because you are to become our leader. Our General was killed in battle at our last confrontation, and we have been leaderless ever since. I was sent to get you from Earth so that you could train and lead us to victory."

"You were sent? Wait a second....are you an....angel?" John asked.

Baron grinned. "Yes, I do believe that is the word in your language. Angel- immortal forever on Earth."

"Is this Heaven?" John asked.

Baron laughed again. "No, nor is it Hell. This is exactly what I said it was- a battlefield. This entire area has been one huge warzone. There are two gates in this area. One to Heaven for our forces to retreat to for any reason, and the other to Hell. That is where the outcasts go. We have tried hunting them down, but their army is strong, and our forcs have come out of battles at a bloody stalemate at almost every encounter. I believe that will change now. Come, I will explain more to you as time goes on. Let us get you clothed and give you food and drink. Then, I will take you to see him." Baron said, as he put a robe on John.

"See who?" John asked with interest.

Baron Grinned.
 obi
07-02-2003, 2:24 AM
"One thing you'll find out about me, Baron, is that I do not like surprises." John said, as they continued to eat some sort of cooked meat.

"Well in this case, I think it is better that I not tell you ahead of time so your nerves will remain calm." Baron explained.

"You slit my throat, I wake up in a forest naked, you befriended me, and now I have to lead some crusade against evil spirits. Why would my nerves not be calm?" John said, taking a drink of water. The water was pure and cold, it can possibly be described as perfect water. At least it's the best he has ever had, anyway.

"I understand that you have a lot to take in, John, but I can assure you that you do not know the entire story. The words I say to you know is words you only need to know now. Only the important things I tell you now."

"And that would be?"

"That we will immidiatly start your combat training as soon as you are able, and we will begin your military strategy teachings soon as well. You will be our leader in the matter of months." Baron explained, as the two finished their meal. They both stood. John had an odd look on his face.

"What is it?" Baron asked.

"It's odd, I ate just now more then I ever have in my entire life, and I do not feel full, my stomach doesn't hurt, anything..." John said.

"There is a reason for that, as well. As I have said, John, you do not know the entire story. On your Earth, I am immortal. Everyone you see here in this group is immortal on Earth. Here, in the spirit world, we can die. On Earth, you were mortal. Your body could have been decapitated, if such a horrid event were to happen. Here, however, it is the opposite. You are Immortal, John. You possess here what power we possess on your Earth. You can do almost anything here." Baron continued.

"What, I am an angel too?" John asked.

"You are in this place, in a sense." Baron said. "Come, enough questions for me, save them for him."

"Who is he?" John asked.

"Follow me, I'll show you." Baron said, as he turned and walked away.
 obi
07-03-2003, 12:36 AM
As they walked towards the bottom of a very tall cliff, John realised that he was full of energy, and he was no where near a state of being tired or blazed with fatigue. He had also noted that everyone else in his group was slowing down. baron motioned for John to slow down, so that others could catch their breaths.

As they approached the bottom of the cliff, Baron walked forward and stretched out his hand. The huge cliff began to split open as if it were cheese being sliced by a knife. White light burst from the opening, so bright, it almost blinded John completely. The others seemed unaffected, as if they were used to seeing this light. Baron turned to John and said "Welcome to Heaven, John."

They entered in with Baron leading the way. As they walked through the streets of Gold, many of the citizens waved at Baron and welcomed him home. Baron finally led John to a large palace. They walked buy the guards, as the guards saluted. Finally, the came to a great door, and there was a man standing there with a broad sword.

"Gabriel, I am here to show him the creator." Baron said, as Gabriel look at John and said "welcome, friend. We've been expecting you." He smiled, and walked to the side. Moments later, the doors opened.

Baron led John into a very large and empty room. Baron smiled and said "Wait here, John. This is the best experiance you will ever face." Keeping the smile, Baron turned and left the room, and the large doors closed behind him. John looked around at the empty room, and didn't know what to think. He walked around a little, trying to dins if there was anything at all in the room, but it was nothing but stone.

"Well this is great. Just great." John said, with obvious sarcasm.

"You really think so?" Came a voice from behind him. John, cought off guard, quickly turned. He turned to see a man dressed in a suit. It was a fancy suit, and the man noticed that John had noticed it was a nice suit.

"You like the suit?" The man said with a smile.

"Yea.." John said, wondering who this man was, and where he came from.

"I was so glad that some men had it in them to try to expand their minds the way I inteded for them to. Such a suit was created by a man I know well, and is one of my best friends. He made the suit on Earth, but I liked it so much, well, I decided I wanted one."

"Wait a second, are you..?" John began.

"God?" The man finished with a smile. "You can call me that if you'd like. I created the Heavens and the Earth and all of that you read in your Bible. So I guess you can call me God." He said, and stuck out his hand for a shake. John didn't really know what to do. He sort of stared blankly at the hand of God, letting everything he had just went through sink in. All of his life, John had thought of God as a Tall and commanding figure, Larger then everything. He had thought of God as a man with nor form, but a being made only of pure light. What he had seen before him was a plain and simple man, and he couldn't believe his eyes. Finally, God broke the silence with a chuckle.

"Go ahead, I won't bite ya." God said with a smile. John stuck his hand out and he shook God's hand. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you, John. Although I have spoken to you in your Earth life, You have never truely met me in my true form. I know this is quite a moment for you John, but you have to understand, it's quite a moment for me as well. You see, John, I created you so that you would do my work on Earth. When your time was up there, I wanted you to do my work up here. You are one of my prized creations John, and I am glad you have turned out exactly the way I wanted you to. The world is a dangerous and mean place, and you triumphed over it."

"Well, you were there with me every step of the way." John said.

"Yes, I upheld my part, and you did yours. That's why I consider us partners."
 Mandalorian54
07-04-2003, 1:41 AM
This is an interesting story you have here. It's also prety wierd, but I like it's origionality.

Some of the religiouse aspects of the story bug me a little, like eating in the spiritual relm, and angels being able to die. But that's just me. And the story is you. So it's nice to see someone elses imagination at work.

Please continue. There is more right?
 obi
07-04-2003, 3:23 PM
Thanks for the feedback! I am a christian and myself believe in the Bible, I just wanted an awesome fantasy story to go with.

The story itself has a good message (if you'll wait and read it all when it's posted :D ). I introduced God as a normal man because the Bible says that God created us in his own image, and I thought it would be nice to have a different veiw of God other then an old guy with a long beard, etc. (Sort of like Morgan Freeman in Bruce Almighty)

But once again, thanks for the feedback, and the story will continue shortly. =)
 Mandalorian54
07-04-2003, 9:16 PM
Yes I already knew you were a christian. I am also. I used to post in the senate chambers until some religeouse topics got out of hand.

But I like your story here and it's nicely portrayed, it's one of the few stories on this site I'll acctually read.
 Darth Blonde
07-15-2003, 2:13 PM
Nice story!
 Captain Wilson
07-28-2003, 8:44 PM
good job obi! a nice spin on relgion, a different angle. I like it! it give a perspective i dont think anyone has bothered to think about before on the idea of god, heven, hell death, angels...well i think it is :D
Page: 1 of 1