Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Do You Think That Jan Will Be In JK3

Page: 1 of 1
 JEDI OUTCAST
06-28-2003, 11:12 AM
i was saying to my friend about jk3 and he wanted to know is jan going to be there in the new game. do you think she will be in jk3.
 -=ReApEr=-
06-28-2003, 11:23 AM
Jan who, sorry im not that familar with the Jedi knight series. :(
 PrimoSidone
06-28-2003, 11:26 AM
I dont think so... she is still a mercenary
 Luc Solar
06-28-2003, 11:34 AM
Eh, what?

Do we *think* Jan will be in JA? :confused: Who cares what we think?
 StormHammer
06-28-2003, 2:45 PM
I don't think we should have Jan as a sidekick...that wouldn't fit with the rest of the game. However, I don't see any reason why she should not make an appearance at the Jedi Academy, visiting Kyle. Just a cameo appearance for continuity purposes, because at the end of JO we know she and Kyle are more than passing acquaintances. ;)

What would be a real kicker for me would be seeing Jan come out of an apartment at the academy with a baby in tow... :p

And taking that idea further...I'd like to see some child Padawans at the Academy. After all, we saw them in AOTC, and it would make a great little scene seeing young Jedi wannabe's practicing hard with their toy lightsabers under Luke's guidance. :D

But anyway...seeing Jan, even briefly, would be welcome although not essential.
 HertogJan
06-28-2003, 3:08 PM
As long as there's Hertog Jan, I won't complain ;)

Yeah, Jan doesn't really fit in, but she can make an appearance in some kind of cutscene!
 boinga1
06-28-2003, 4:16 PM
My thoughts run parallel to those of StormHammer.

That means I agree with him. :p
 Burrie
06-28-2003, 4:28 PM
I personally would like to see her make a cameo appearance. She's been a part of Kyle Katarn for such a damn long time that it'd be a shame if she wouldn't walk by the camera, smile and wave at the camera.

Then again, when Kyle and Mara were both training together in Mysteries of the Sith, Jan didn't bother to make an appearance either :(
 Agen
06-28-2003, 5:27 PM
My thoughts are also very similar to Stormie's, since Kyle and jan got pretty close ;) ;) at the end, then i think it would make sense that she would pop-up now and again, to collect kyle and things :)
 Uber_Saber
06-28-2003, 6:27 PM
I don't think she'll play a major part. That wouldn't really work. I'm with the cameo theory.
 the_havoc
06-28-2003, 10:14 PM
Cameo sounds good , the baby sounds even better
 legameboy
06-28-2003, 10:46 PM
hehe, im all for cameo
 Lord Glorfindel
06-29-2003, 12:09 AM
Jan getting a cameo is a most likely event, cause Raven has said that they are a "few" more familiar faces in JK3, besides Luke, Kyle, and Chewie
 Taran'atar
06-29-2003, 1:41 AM
I would guess that Jan will appear, if only breifly.
 MSpencer1313
06-30-2003, 2:23 AM
I think that Jan and Kyle should pursue a relationship and perhaps settle down. I'm all for that baby thing :)
 Drivian Taluus
06-30-2003, 2:51 AM
COOL THEORY: Jan AND Kyle will fight alongside player in certain mission(s). That'd be pretty cool, and considering that fighting alongside Luke was cool, they'll have to do something like it.
 praenuntius
06-30-2003, 11:56 AM
I thought the Kyle and Jan storyline was ridiculous in Jedi Outcast. Love this and love that. It stinks of sexist role playing. She even gets to be rescued by her male hero. I hope she's woken up to her senses at this point in time and dumped Kyle for someone who shaves occasionally and isn't such a complete idiot when it comes to being a puppet in an evil scheme (ie. leading Desann to the Valley of the Jedi immediately).
Also, she should have really died in Jedi Outcast to serve as a karmic reminder to Kyle that a Jedi should not be a slave to his emotions.
 MattJedi
06-30-2003, 12:20 PM
LoL! I have to agree, I would like to see mara make an appearence rather then Jan.
 Prime
06-30-2003, 12:23 PM
Love this and love that. It stinks of sexist role playing. She even gets to be rescued by her male hero. I'll have to remember not to help my girlfriend when she needs it. I'd hate to be accused of being sexist.

As for Jan appearing in JA, it might be cool if there was a mission or two where you had to help her out or something. Or, to avoid being sexist, she had to help you out. Oh wait, that's sexist too :)
 Drivian Taluus
06-30-2003, 1:14 PM
Yeah, I guess I'll have to stop wearing mens' clothes. Or women's clothes. Don't wanna be "sexist" do I? Anywho, maybe Jan'll be a Jedi or sumfin', or maybe Kyle will die trying to saver her but she dies anyway, just so the slate can be wiped clean of Kyle and any potential offspring.
 Xizor's killer
06-30-2003, 1:52 PM
LOL I don't believe I beat a mod to this Jedi Acadamy is not JKIII! Hah! :atat:

Anywho I like the idea of the baby it may be fun for a little Kyle to run around the Acadamy and for him to take off your legs with his first lightsaber:D

And on talk about being 'sexist' I don't think George Lucas is sexist is he? He had Luke and Han save Leia in ANH does that mean George Lucas is sexist? Hmm answer me that?
 Drivian Taluus
06-30-2003, 3:21 PM
Hmm... Perhaps... The last thing I wanna see in JA is a little kid running around with a lightsaber. You see those all the time in real life, why would one in a PC game be so different?
 MattJedi
06-30-2003, 7:25 PM
Its already oin JK2 too, stupid migits running around, people ****ing with the model sizes.
 the_havoc
07-01-2003, 2:04 AM
Remember that ther is a screenshot featuring the Raven's claw , that means that is posibly that Jan could be droping of Kyle in some mision of something.
 HertogJan
07-01-2003, 6:11 AM
Originally posted by the_havoc
Remember that ther is a screenshot featuring the Raven's claw , that means that is posibly that Jan could be droping of Kyle in some mision of something.

That would be a nice excuse for Jan showing up.. Maybe she's a full-time Jedi-aiding pilot now... The academy has a hangar so...
 Xizor's killer
07-02-2003, 4:18 PM
Originally posted by HertogJan
That would be a nice excuse for Jan showing up.. Maybe she's a full-time Jedi-aiding pilot now... The academy has a hangar so...

Yeah that's a good idea
 MSpencer1313
07-02-2003, 6:34 PM
Or she and the sexist pig Kyle can have a baby but at the risk of offending anybody, Kyle will sacrafice his penis by giving birth. My frigging god.
 HertogJan
07-03-2003, 6:39 AM
Originally posted by MSpencer1313
Or she and the sexist pig Kyle can have a baby but at the risk of offending anybody, Kyle will sacrafice his penis by giving birth. My frigging god.

Wow, I dunno how YOU plan to have kids, but I hope to have more than 1 :rolleyes: :p
 Xizor's killer
07-03-2003, 1:46 PM
Originally posted by HertogJan
Wow, I dunno how YOU plan to have kids, but I hope to have more than 1 :rolleyes: :p

LOL!
 txa1265
07-03-2003, 3:08 PM
Originally posted by Xizor's killer
And on talk about being 'sexist' I don't think George Lucas is sexist is he? He had Luke and Han save Leia in ANH does that mean George Lucas is sexist? Hmm answer me that?

No - becuase who took control immediately? Leia! Seriously, Lucas uses strong women who give and take on the rescue front.

Same for Jan - remember in JK, where they have some exchange about her saving his butt? In JO, she is still a partner in the adventure, fighting alongside of him early on - showing that she's still smarter than him when it comes to tech stuff. How was she to avoid getting taken by Dessann and Tavion? No chance there. But at the end, she goes to help the Academy by fighting in the air.

I do hope we see her ... she, like Kyle, is a fond part of DF history ... seeing a bit of Mara would also be nice. Heck let's throw EVERYONE in there - I'd love to see Leia chastise Kyle about his attitude, I'd like to see Han say something like 'laugh hit up furball' to Chewie, and so on ... Wedge mentioned explicitly, and on and on ...

Personally, I'd also love to see a 'younglings' room, with Luke at the helm. Just more homage ...

Mike
 Xizor's killer
07-04-2003, 1:18 PM
Originally posted by txa1265
No - becuase who took control immediately? Leia! Seriously, Lucas uses strong women who give and take on the rescue front.

Same for Jan - remember in JK, where they have some exchange about her saving his butt? In JO, she is still a partner in the adventure, fighting alongside of him early on - showing that she's still smarter than him when it comes to tech stuff. How was she to avoid getting taken by Dessann and Tavion? No chance there. But at the end, she goes to help the Academy by fighting in the air.

I do hope we see her ... she, like Kyle, is a fond part of DF history ... seeing a bit of Mara would also be nice. Heck let's throw EVERYONE in there - I'd love to see Leia chastise Kyle about his attitude, I'd like to see Han say something like 'laugh hit up furball' to Chewie, and so on ... Wedge mentioned explicitly, and on and on ...

Personally, I'd also love to see a 'younglings' room, with Luke at the helm. Just more homage ...

Mike

Wow good points well done
 <JOTD>Jedi Hunter
07-04-2003, 1:26 PM
Originally posted by praenuntius
I thought the Kyle and Jan storyline was ridiculous in Jedi Outcast. Love this and love that. It stinks of sexist role playing. She even gets to be rescued by her male hero. I hope she's woken up to her senses at this point in time and dumped Kyle for someone who shaves occasionally and isn't such a complete idiot when it comes to being a puppet in an evil scheme (ie. leading Desann to the Valley of the Jedi immediately).
Also, she should have really died in Jedi Outcast to serve as a karmic reminder to Kyle that a Jedi should not be a slave to his emotions.

Let's keep the women in their place. Let's keep them women. Not men. That's just my opinion though. As for a cameo. I really hope we see nothing of her. I'm already dissapointed that we have to tolerate Kyle. Don't get me wrong. I love the Jedi knight/dark forces games, I just hate the main characters. Sounds odd I know. Also, lets keep the prequel junk out of the post rotj games. It's so much better not being forced to watch that.
 Solbe M'ko
07-04-2003, 5:10 PM
Kyle changed a lot from the earlier games to JO. His whole "former imp" storyline was sort of forgotten. Jan has always been looking out for Kyle throughout the series. She was who convinced Mon Mothma to let Kyle work for the Rebels (at least that's how I remember it). Mothma was skeptical of Kyle's history, so Jan had to cut the deal. Plus Jan has always been there to get Kyle out of dangerous situations.

Speaking of which, if Jan does make a cameo, I think it should be after a mission with Kyle, where you are introduced inside the Raven's Claw (or the Mouldy Crow, or whatever it is now). Speaking of which, what's the deal with the Z-95 wings duct-taped onto the Crow? The original Mouldy Crow had a cooler shape, IMO, better looking engines, too.
 Reprehence
07-05-2003, 12:21 AM
Speaking of women - I was thinking today that it would be interesting for Leia to make a cameo appearance.
 taekwondo joe
07-06-2003, 12:09 AM
men are men, and showed be men, not girls, keep it strait. now, jan rocks big time, love it when she shows up, so it is must that she make a camio with a baby :D
 Crow_Nest
07-06-2003, 6:46 AM
I won't be surprised if jan becomes Kyle's new padawan learner. (A Student)
 Borlath Mon
07-09-2003, 1:08 PM
...I think Jan will make a cameo, although that's all it is. I've been trying to plot (unsuccessfully) the time line between Return Of The Jedi and Jedi Academy - it'd be interesting to see some characters from the books make an appearance. For example, as Burrie mentioned, Mara Jade is obviously a part of the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight/Kyle Katarn universe, so it'd be nice to see her there as Mara Skywalker... possibly the Solo brats, too. After all, Jacen, Jaina and Anakin have been at the Academy for what must be years, in the SW time-line, so even if we saw them as little toddlers or something, it'd be good.
 toms
07-09-2003, 1:29 PM
i for one really didn't like the kyle/jan romance that just suddenly popped up out of nowhere in JO... they had always been cool mates, working as a team... but there had never been any indication of a romance.... it just didn't fit.

SO, while i wouldn't mind seeing jan again, i fear it would be in some sort of stupid wife/kids role, rather than kicking ass as usual...

It would be nice if you got into a mission with kyle that went downhill rapidly and you had to hold your location until a rescue ship arrived... then when it finally arrived it got shot down..... just as all looks grim in swoops Jan with a "yeehaa!" and saves you both.
That sort of thing would be cool... a "hi im kyle, let me introduce my wife and kids" sort of thing would suck. IMHO :D
 yolkboy
07-09-2003, 9:57 PM
Originally posted by txa1265

Good Points Made. I Agree with all of them. Of course don't over play all the people but appearences would be nice. I'm all for the Jan and baby thing :D Maybe the baby will try to pull something using the force and Jan has to slap him/her on the hand. LOL, raising a force sensitive child, now that would be a challenge ;)
 Borlath Mon
07-09-2003, 10:02 PM
Good Points Made. I Agree with all of them. Of course don't over play all the people but appearences would be nice. I'm all for the Jan and baby thing Maybe the baby will try to pull something using the force and Jan has to slap him/her on the hand. LOL, raising a force sensitive child, now that would be a challenge

I can see it now - Dark Forces 5: Jedi Knight 4: Jedi Outcast 3: Jedi Academy 2: Bringing Up Baby.

Better not let that one get around, though, people will want to be seeing a trailer for THAT next.
 yolkboy
07-09-2003, 11:15 PM
I can see it now - Dark Forces 5: Jedi Knight 4: Jedi Outcast 3: Jedi Academy 2: Bringing Up Baby. Better not let that one get around, though, people will want to be seeing a trailer for THAT next.
Hehe... Just kidding all of ya :D but on a serious note: I do hope we do see some cameos. But nothing too new. I haven't really read the books so I'm a bit foggy on the characters.
 Lil Killa
07-10-2003, 12:16 AM
I siriously doubt Jan's appearance in jka. There simple is no need for her unless she marries kyle. They might throw her in mp but i doubt that too. Thats just my opinion though.
Page: 1 of 1