Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Direct3D problem:Please help

Page: 1 of 1
 mark12099
06-26-2003, 11:46 PM
I registered and everything.. and.. It says play, I click play and it says launching the game. Then an error message said something about direct3d messing up.. I dont know what this means.. Its says it could not inialtlize direct3d or something.. Please give me some ideas to fix this.. I have directx 9.0a.. I dont know if this is the same as direct3d though. Please help me!:mad:
 BobaFettWp
06-26-2003, 11:49 PM
Not sure but go into your control panel and try to find something on video check out system in that folder. Sorry that i cant help that much but that might help you more.
 mark12099
06-26-2003, 11:55 PM
It says Direct3D could not be initialized.. AhhhH!! Is there something I can download to fix it?
 toolfan
06-27-2003, 12:11 AM
I would love to help you get into SWG but I cant unless I know more about your computer. :)

I need system specs and all that stuff, and more importantly your video card. What is your video card?
 Kenshin Himoura
06-27-2003, 12:13 AM
Ahhhh, it feels good knowing how to fix this. This happened to me with WC3 and AvP2. Just update your drivers and everything will be fine :) :D
 toolfan
06-27-2003, 12:14 AM
unless he is one of those people who bought like a HP or compaq computer then he is screwed because they dont make computers with good graphic cards that could run games like SWG. :p
 swphreak
06-27-2003, 12:45 AM
Be sure all your drivers are updated. it helped solve many problems when I was in Beta
 BobaFettWp
06-27-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Kenshin Himoura
Ahhhh, it feels good knowing how to fix this. This happened to me with WC3 and AvP2. Just update your drivers and everything will be fine :) :D

I updated the drivers but it still displays the message someone please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fast!!!!!!!!!!!please!!!!!!!!!!! !

Nevermind that I said **** that and ordered a new one.
 Abaddon
06-27-2003, 7:18 AM
Problem Dignostics: Your graphics card does NOT support direct3d and/or it does not support Hardware Texture and Lighting.

Solution: Buy a card that supports direct3d and HTL. Purchase at least a GF3 or Radeon 7500. Read the official FAQ.

Thank you have a nice day :)
 Lights1016
06-27-2003, 12:00 PM
I was having that same problem though I clicked play when the servers were down. I just bought this dell computer spring brand new from dell and I assume that it should meet all requirements for SWG because it's new and I thought it was because the servers are down and the character select is down. I don't know how to check what type of video card I have or I would post it here. I don't have the money as well for a video card, but I never ran into this problem with any other computer games that have 3d grahpics such as Jedi Outcast even. Also in the options menu it says pixel and vertexes not supported... I asked around and this is ok to still run SWG with. Please help me poeple who are computer savy.
 BobaFettWp
06-27-2003, 4:26 PM
Well if that message comes up then your card does not support the Direct3D settings. First off there was a paper that came with your dell that tells you what kind of card came with the comp. If you dont have that then right click on your desktop then go to properties then settings(last tab i think) and it should say somehwere on there Dell on then your video card name. Copy that down and then go to google.com or something and search drivers for that card. If its a NVIDIA then jsut go to the website(http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp) and download the drivers that match up with your card, install, reboot, and try again. If this does not work then you will need to get a new card to run the game.

Theres a post on this page that has a list of cheap ones.
Also try www.tigerdirect.com) they have some good prices with some rebates.

Hope this helped.
 Abaddon
06-27-2003, 9:38 PM
To find out what card you have:

Goto Control Panel, click on the System icon, go to the hardware tab (winxp at least), go to Display Adaptors and click the + sign. This should give you the model name.
 Deaken44
06-28-2003, 7:30 AM
I had the exact same problem and thought I had a good enough video card. Well I didn't!!
I splurged and bought a video card that supported TNL, and the game works fine now.
Good Luck

Although.... if anyone wants to help me in actually playing the game, feel free!!!!!

Thanks, hope this helps.

DK
 impX
06-28-2003, 12:44 PM
Hi mark,

There may be a useful thread regarding the EXACT problem you are encountering in the tech support forum over at the official www.starwarsgalaxies.com) site. I am having similar problems as well and will probably have to buy a new card (using GF2 MX440 right now :p).

Anyway, there is a thread with the issues you are having. It could be that we both just have shiatty cards.
 -=ReApEr=-
06-28-2003, 1:24 PM
What kind of Graphics card have you got? :confused:
 typholuka
06-28-2003, 3:11 PM
I got the message so I called the hotline.
:wstupid:
I had to go out and get a $50 card. But I suggest you spend closer to $100 if you want to enjoy the game because the graphics will suck.

I got the e-GeForce 2 card for 50 bucks and it works fine. Just make sure it has T&L capabilities. (Transform and Lighting). It won't say this on the box so just ask someone.

:newbie:

:jfett::mauls::wan:
Page: 1 of 1