Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Grim Fandango Novel

Page: 1 of 1
 GendoTheGreat
06-24-2003, 1:20 PM
Hi, I was hoping one of the folk who still bang around here would have a copy of Charles Frederick's Grim Fandago Novel in the Microsoft Word .doc format. Since Glottis' Garage went down for good I've lost my only link to the thing. You see, I want to print it out so I can read it like a proper book, and give copies to a couple of friends who are interested in it (with full author and source credit, of course). Can anyone help me out?
 pleto4_ryan
06-27-2003, 11:16 PM
Have sented you a PM... :)
 Sally Limones
06-28-2003, 9:00 PM
Hey, I'd like to know too... this is news to me...
~~Sal
 GendoTheGreat
06-29-2003, 12:12 PM
Yeah, a guy called Charles Frederick (goes by the name Meddling Monk on these forums) wrote a novel based on the events in GF. You would swear up and down this guy was a professional author. He denies it profusely, but I have my suspicions. PM me your email address and I'll send you the thing in PDF format (it's less of a strain on your eyes than the text version, and prettier too.)
 MeddlingMonk
06-29-2003, 11:19 PM
This is kind of funny. Didn't it occur to you that you were overlooking the obvious? :rofl:
 GendoTheGreat
06-30-2003, 6:18 AM
Asking you directly, you mean? Well, I was kind of having a bet each way. I figured if you were still around on a regular basis you'd show up here sooner or later, if not I'd get what I needed from someone else. Interesting to note though - since I posted this thread three people have contacted me about the book who might otherwise never have heard of it. Neat, huh?
 Dawidos
09-22-2003, 11:14 AM
I am translating this novel for polish now. It's hard work, but I have a power to do it.
 Talya
09-25-2003, 12:23 AM
Wow, the only thing as entertaining as playing the game must be reading it, especially if it's written well.

I'd appreciate it if someone would send me a link to a version of it in the .doc form. :)

My e-mail would be sugamitz@aol.com, or you could PM me a link. Much excitedness to be had xD

And rewriting it in Polish? Wow, that's got to be a tad difficult. I admire your patience.

-Sunday-
 MeddlingMonk
09-25-2003, 6:24 AM
Is it my imagination, or have several posts in this thread disappeared? Hmpf. Probably labeled 'enemy combatants' and thrown into a dungeon somehwere.

Anyway, I've uploaded the novel in Word format (in a zip file) to my so-called home page. It truly is a wonder of absolute lameness (the page, I mean) but it will do the trick. Just click on the little home page icon at the bottom of the message.
 Dawidos
09-25-2003, 2:30 PM
Originally posted by Talya

I'd appreciate it if someone would send me a link to a version of it in the .doc form. :)

My e-mail would be sugamitz@aol.com, or you could PM me a link. Much excitedness to be had xD

Please click on this link -
www.grimfandango.net/downloads/novel/GFnovel.zip)
Or download novel from MeddlingMonk site.

And rewriting it in Polish? Wow, that's got to be a tad difficult. I admire your patience.

Thanks. That's nice. Many people admire my patience, power and desire. But I won't show you my work, because I think that nobody understand it (but if you know Polish...... ;), I'll send you it. )
 Talya
09-25-2003, 8:11 PM
Ooh thanks :p Finally something to print with my new printer *blows dust off of it*.

Haha, sorry to say I don't speak the polish language, but jeez, just thinking about translating something into a language I do know, like Spanish, *shudder* I'd end up pulling my hair out...

-Sunday-
 CrimsonClown
12-15-2008, 4:33 PM
If anyone's looking for a working download link: http://www.2shared.com/file/4465302/10e083c5/GFnovel.html)
 Sallim
12-16-2008, 4:01 PM
As far as I know MeddlingMonk made a new edition!

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=189645)
 samuski
12-22-2008, 10:43 AM
Oh boy I'm on the second page and already hooked! Who can write this kind of stuff? Why this novel isn't in every book shop already?:D

and yeah, heya all, i'm new here and this was my first post :)
Page: 1 of 1