Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Weird, JK 3 mod already!! not playing

Page: 1 of 1
 Blademaster_109
06-24-2003, 12:56 AM
here is the web url.

http://feraldomination.ravencommunity.net/)

so exactly what is it. Is it for jkII or what.
 Lord Siraious
06-24-2003, 1:10 AM
Well it appears to be a Mod for JK3, well thats their claim so I'd have to go along with it. Personally I dont think much of the mod, you buy JK3 to play as a Jedi not a street fighter, but hey each to their own.
 Solbe M'ko
06-24-2003, 1:55 AM
It's cool that the mod community is already getting prepped for JA, but this one isn't going onto my download queue. Werewolves and tigers? No thanks.
 StormHammer
06-24-2003, 7:51 AM
Originally posted by Lord Siraious
Well it appears to be a Mod for JK3, well thats their claim so I'd have to go along with it. Personally I dont think much of the mod, you buy JK3 to play as a Jedi not a street fighter, but hey each to their own.

Up to a point, I'd agree with you. But I think there's plent of scope for more interesting Mod ideas, like this one.

Personally, I'm surprised there hasn't been a fantasy-type Mod based on JO yet. With the strong melee (sword) combat mechanics available, it's crying out for a 1st/3rd person demi-RPG in a fantasy setting. And with the Tauntauns in JA...there would even be scope for riding around, if someone could come up with a different kind of bipedal creature... You could then really have jousting tournaments. But it could go so much further. Introduce lots of NPCs who give you quests to go on...monsters to fight...dungeons to traverse... There is just so much scope. And I'd love to see a bladed staff a la Heretic II....

Darnit...I'm getting all fired up again... :D
 HertogJan
06-24-2003, 8:22 AM
Although I'm not a fantasy fan, I agree with you :) As a matyter of fact, there haven't been ANY real MODs around, except for the Dark Forces mod maybe. I wanted some great new SP levels, but they were all small ones :(

Why?? The engine is modable and well known, there's a great melee combat system... WHY?!!! I hope JA will get more mods :)
 gedassan
06-24-2003, 8:39 AM
Very nice idea about those medieval mods.
As material for modding, I agree that JK2 melee feature is better than many other FPSes, but I wouldn't call it strong in itself. If anything, it is too random and allows for very simplistic combat.
Please make a search on this forum and find "StriderPrime00" posts for starting ideas where this engine could go to make for a deep melee fighting system. Basically it is about borrowing some functionality from fighting games.
Page: 1 of 1