Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

BEta

Page: 1 of 1
 Blademaster_109
06-24-2003, 12:25 AM
well the simple question is, will there be beta testing for jkIII that is open to the public, if so where can i sign up thanks.
 Taos
06-24-2003, 1:08 AM
Haven't you asked this question before? I think the beta will be in-house only. Sorry.
 HertogJan
06-24-2003, 6:48 AM
It has been asked 20 thousand times, and the answer is the same every time: we don't know, but we think the won't be a public betatest. We would like it though...
 Prime
06-24-2003, 1:31 PM
Being someone in the software industry, I can tell you that in almost every case public betas are only done when it provides some testing that couldn't be done otherwise. For example, it is being done in the case of Galaxies because they wouldn't be able to test the game with thousands of people playing at the same time on their own.

In the case of JA, everything can be done in-house, so in all likelyhood, that is the way it will be. They can easily test multiplayer since you rarely have over 32 players at a time on a single server.

They have no reason to do an external beta test.
Page: 1 of 1