Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Mifftakova Wars

Page: 1 of 1
 Mandalorian54
06-14-2003, 6:01 PM
The Mifftakova Wars

chapter 1

Corporal Kim Hawkes, held tightly, both hands wrapped firm around her gun. It’s steel frame clenched beneath sweaty hands. Coated with an uncomfortable moisture, her gloved hands squeezed the metal within each finger’s grip. Her whole body was itchy and agitated by nervous sweat. From beneath her helmet the natural liquid dripped down her forehead.

The military soldier let her gun drop loose, it swayed at her side supported by a leather strap slung over her shoulder. And un strapped her helmet at the chin, the thin strip of fabric dangled above her shoulder. Kim lifted the helmet off her head with both hands. She placed the helmet on the ground in front of her, and it wobbled like a freshly set egg. Now the grey lining of her helmet cloaked her head, and she pulled it back to sag down at the bottom of her neck. Shaking her head back she let her hair blow in the soft wind. Running her hands through her hair she combed it comfortably. What a relief from the imprisonment of her helmet.

After relieving some stress she dawned her lining and helmet once again. And though the temporary relief of the brief groom was refreshing, it made her feel even less comfortable to wear the lining and helmet. Regulation hair length forbade it to be longer then her shoulders, but at that length the constant pressure of the lining caused an unpleasant itch. Even though it was uncomfortable there was just no way Kim Hawkes would cut it any shorter. Some of the women had shaved their heads nearly bald to avoid any discomfort of the uniform. But they were hard core, and Kim could go no less than casual.

But Military life was hard, especially in these times of war. War was the big stress now, Kim never wanted to be a soldier. Blood and death had made her sick at first. The first sight of a dead man had made her stomach uneasy, she barely managed to hold her lunch. Some of the older more experienced officers would scowl at her weakness. But what more could they expect from an eighteen year old girl. That was two years ago. Since then she’s adjusted to the vicious methods of war. But what she’d give to live a normal life.

Now was not the time for dreaming, this was a war. The cool night air at least eased her bodies nervous heat. She was nervous, with all the military toughness forced on her, she still got nervous, she didn’t want to die fighting somebody else’s war. With her gun back in her hands Kim looked out into the night.

----------------------------------------

This is a story I had started a long time ago, I never got around to continueing it though. Does anyone like it?
 Writer
06-15-2003, 12:32 AM
I like it so far. Please continue.
 Mandalorian54
06-15-2003, 4:20 AM
I acctually hadn't planned on continuing it, do you really want me to?
 Writer
06-17-2003, 12:30 AM
Please do. I like the start and would like to hear how it ends.
Page: 1 of 1