Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Fan Work on the BSBC

Page: 1 of 1
 mymipage
06-14-2003, 6:54 PM
All the art and most other fan works on the BSBC were lost because of this server trouble the community are having. I do not have a backup of most of these and therefore have decided to close the Gallery on the BSBC. I will still upload anything fans want to send me, but it won't be the main theme of our site anymore.

With this said, I need a new idea that BSBC can focus all their attention to. What would you like to see come to the BSBC?
 Haggis
06-14-2003, 8:39 PM
Monkey Island news.
 ED
06-15-2003, 8:38 AM
Nah its already being done very well, I personally feel we should stay with fan art but there are other things we could look into, sadly most of them are being done.
 mymipage
06-15-2003, 5:11 PM
well that means we're going to have to pretty much start a new gallery from scratch :S

And Haggis, I plan to try and update news a bit more on the BSBC but for Monkey Island News, Mixnmojo, WMI and milegend already do an excellent job at it. I don't think I could compete, I'll try though
 Hеrfagre
06-24-2003, 2:28 PM
What about focusing on reviewing fan art?
Get critical about the art that comes in, so that the quality can improve.
 KyleC
06-25-2003, 7:42 PM
I definately think you should stick to fan art. So many other sites have got all the news and you'd just lose visitors if you did the same as every one else. Think of the good old days at MIAC with Haggis and Haxaty. They had fan art but they also had things like comments, a big discussion forum, you were able to write profiles and it was just a big community hang out. Try to do stuff like thaT. Also if you do more of the things like that community comic you were starting, I think was a really good idea. Well I've said my bit. BUT DONT GIVE UP ON FAN ART!
 Blaze_Marley-Flamestrike
06-26-2003, 1:40 AM
I agree with Kyle *nods*
 KyleC
06-26-2003, 10:06 AM
I know you said that all of the art was lost but now Mojo are saying that everything can be fully revived. Does that include all the art? If it does you should keep it.
 scabb
06-26-2003, 3:58 PM
Make the BSBC a huge catalogue of everything fans have made with Monkey Island, from mp3s to Winamp skins. Although that kind of idea might be more suitable to a general LEC themed site.
 Gabez
06-26-2003, 5:30 PM
Yeah, except the BSBC already has all that really. And please don’t go off fan-work! It’s what the BSBC’s all about! :)
 ED
06-26-2003, 5:56 PM
I think if we can get the gallery to run at a good speed and sort out the templates, the site should be working again. But I feel we shoudl centre to site more around the gallery and less as it being an addon to it.
 scabb
06-26-2003, 6:08 PM
Originally posted by Gabez
Yeah, except the BSBC already has all that really. And please don’t go off fan-work! It’s what the BSBC’s all about! :)

I mean a complete catalogue, tailored to my exact specifications ¬

I just remember fan art at the old BSBC, there are a bunch of sites with little titbits of stuff to download, but not one is full and bursting with goodness, so to speak. The goodness obviously being a complete and superb database of everything ever. Everything ever, being of course, LucasArts original games related stuff.
 Gabez
06-26-2003, 10:03 PM
Well yeah, but that's just asking them to continue what they're doing already. Personally I also wouldn't want the BSBC to move from it's MI related content.
 mymipage
06-27-2003, 10:50 PM
ok, ok, the gallery stays but we'll have to do a lot of work on it! It's good to know all our art will be back though :)
Page: 1 of 1