Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Out of line...?

Page: 1 of 1
 ShockV1.89
06-13-2003, 3:40 PM
http://www.antiamerica.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=119)

As you can see, I discovered this lovely website and put my two-cents in after reading through some of the crap that floated into it. Some of the stuff was legit, but some of it... wow...

Anyway, the guy chose to respond to me. I feel I was rather polite, but it seemed pretty clear I was simply stating my opinion and asking for them to understand that even though America has done some bad stuff, it's done good stuff too.

Well, he attacks my typing skills. I didnt think it would be relevant to mention that I was typing on my parents computer, which has one of those ergonomic split keyboards and is hard to work with. But he seems to find it relevant somehow... I gues we'll ignore all of his typing errors...

Whatever, I dont feel like typing anymore. Read the two articles, mine is the top one (someone liked it, gave it a 5 star rating :D ).
 FunClown
06-14-2003, 7:02 AM
Shock, you of all people should know bad typing skills is unpatriotic. :D
 El Sitherino
06-14-2003, 12:17 PM
hmmm... i found a new place to visit:)
 Thrackan Solo
06-16-2003, 1:00 PM
I think that website needs to be closed. Can we do that?:)
 TheJackal
06-16-2003, 1:19 PM
For the comment that Europeans tend to think America as a general just because of some tourists is completly wrong.

You have to think as a general vast population and also the government itself.

Quite often when refering to the USA, someone might mean the United States Government (aka as the Bush Administration)

When others go saying ignorant and insulting stuff like "Americans are arogant *****" and etc then its a generalisation. Yes a very CRUDE one, yet a generalisation. A lot of the time its basicly just an uneducated person venting his rage. But you also have to think in a cultural sence. The culture in America is very very right wing and agressive. Its a fact, even if YOU pery say are not one of them, the majority takes the upper hand and often that forms the government. In most other western countries the culture tends to be more left wing.
Canada is split allmost 60 left wring and 40 right wing (educated guess)

And quite often there is a clash of interest between the right wing and left wing. So when someone from the States is saying all France have been infected with Chicken Pox (Jay Leno said this on his TV show recently) because they are all a bunch of yellow bastards then THAT is a crude generalisation of the actions of the governement. When France called American Cheese "Idiot Cheese" then it is an attack at the Bush Administration.

And dont forget this:
Governments are the direct representation of a nation when it comes to international affairs.
 El Sitherino
06-17-2003, 6:14 PM
Originally posted by Thrackan Solo
I think that website needs to be closed. Can we do that?:) that's just stupid. and for a proud american very unpatriotic.
 wassup
06-18-2003, 5:55 AM
I think that website needs to be closed. Can we do that?:)

Well, they are entitled to their own opinions. But they are only making themselves look unpatriotic. :disaprove
 daring dueler
06-18-2003, 1:37 PM
well shock, i do agree with what you said, and as much as i would like to get rid of that site z, we cant it is their rite just like i have a rite to make a site that says they hate canada or iraq, but any americans that go to the site and agree with them are unpatriotic, but if i may steal from south park, without the ***** protestors america would seem like a war hungry country, and without the war supportors america would seem like a ***** country easily attacked.
 Breton
06-18-2003, 1:44 PM
Originally posted by daring dueler
but any americans that go to the site and agree with them are unpatriotic

Disagree. It is their right to mean what they want without being called unpatriotic. They have different views on what is good for their country. You have yours, they have theirs, none are unpatriotic.

And patriotism is overpraised anyway.

Not that I support their site though, I think they are going to far in going against everything the gov does. But that is just my opinions, and it does not mean they are unpatriotic.

but if i may steal from south park, without the ***** protestors america would seem like a war hungry country, and without the war supportors america would seem like a ***** country easily attacked.

In that case, the war protestors does a pretty bad job.
 daring dueler
06-18-2003, 2:00 PM
sure they can say how they feel, its just as much their rite as mine, but i still think its unpatriotic, and patriotism is very important to me, its only over praised to some, thats your opinion.
 Breton
06-18-2003, 8:13 PM
Originally posted by daring dueler
sure they can say how they feel, its just as much their rite as mine, but i still think its unpatriotic, and patriotism is very important to me, its only over praised to some, thats your opinion.

The problem with partiotism is that the patriotic people often supports their country always, no matter if they are doing right or wrong. They tend to always support their goverment, and it doesn't matter if the president have lied to the whole world about WoMDs, he's a trustive guy anyway, eh? And patriotic TV channels mostly show the things that makes their country look best.

Alongside with that, patriotis makes people believe their country and themselves are better than other countries and people from other countries. Naturally, this can lead to discrimination, bad relations and even great wars.
 TheJackal
06-19-2003, 12:13 AM
There are two types of patriotism:

1) patriotism is: someone that loves his country so me to see its mistakes and want to fix them to make his country a better one.

2) patriotism is: to do or believe blindly in your country that you would fallow it to the death even if you didn't know WHY you are being sent to your death.

There's a difference between the two definitions mentioned is quite obvious. Its up to you to decide which one you will adopt. You can be either the educated and involved patriotic. Or be the uneducated patriotic soldier.

Your choice.
 daring dueler
06-21-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Breton
The problem with partiotism is that the patriotic people often supports their country always, no matter if they are doing right or wrong. They tend to always support their goverment, and it doesn't matter if the president have lied to the whole world about WoMDs, he's a trustive guy anyway, eh? And patriotic TV channels mostly show the things that makes their country look best.

Alongside with that, patriotis makes people believe their country and themselves are better than other countries and people from other countries. Naturally, this can lead to discrimination, bad relations and even great wars.

patriotics do love and support their COUNTRY not always their govt. the govt may make some mistakes and lie, i know that but i love my county. patriotics would still be around with a terrible govt., govt. isnt country. sure it war on terrorism, and i support Bush, but during vietnam, i wasnt alive, but i wouldnt support our govt(some) during that, and i believe creedence song fortunate son clear up my veiws, listen to it, but i would have benn just as partriotic.
 Thrackan Solo
06-22-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
that's just stupid. and for a proud american very unpatriotic.

Hey IS, man, I was only joking, they have a right to there opinion.
Its all cool, something like that shouldnt phase me. It's just a little childish I think.

hmmm... i found a new place to visit

Haha! Arent you an american?:confused: Just wondering.
 TheJackal
06-22-2003, 3:07 AM
Hey IS, man, I was only joking, they have a right to there opinion.
Its all cool, something like that shouldnt phase me. It's just a little childish I think.

Haha! Arent you an american?:confused: Just wondering.

yeah so. he can be an american and still hate the current state of his government.
 El Sitherino
06-25-2003, 1:20 AM
exactly.

they are screwing us over real bad.
i had a huge report somewhere proving this.

basically it's these supposed tax cuts that will eventually cause me and the future generations, to pay a lot more than people are paying now. and i don't mean in the basic ratio of that 100 dollars today is alot less than it used to be. i mean that we will have like triple the payment size.
Page: 1 of 1