Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Saber Styles

Page: 1 of 1
 Vantares
06-06-2003, 10:45 PM
I found the saber styles to be in JK2, although interesting, annoying. Especially considering that JK3 will contain RPGish elements, instead of having the regular style "fast, medium, heavy" stances they should use the 7 Forms of saber combat.

You start with Form 1 and get 6 fairly soon. After that, you can somehow try and specialize towards the different styles. 7 of course being near impossible to master.

If you read carefully, almost all of them do have advantages and disadvantages (balance in multiplayer).
Something like this:
1 - very simple. No points required
2 - effective against blocking and attacking sabers, but can't deflect blasterfire well
3 - high defense, terrible attack
4 - lot's of combos and moves, but some of these attack types leave you vulnerable
5 - heavy damage, but sort of sluggish
6 - The Jack-of-all-trades stance. Not necessarily great for anything, but its overall effecient.
7 - Cost a ton of points, controls and combos are difficult, etc. But it is unquestionably the best stance.

What do you think?
More data about the forms here.http://www.starwarsnet.co.uk/sevenforms.htm)
 Master_Payne
06-06-2003, 10:56 PM
As I have posted in another forums, I don't think is a good idea.
The 7 saber forms are great, but remember that form I is the basic and weakest, then you should choose one, not keep going until have form VI, remember that Form II is stronger that III, IV, V, and VI.
Cause it start on I and keep going until VII doesn't means that higher are better ones. I:basic II:ultimate saber to saber combat III: against blaster, purely defensive (sort of blue satnce). IV: acrobatic form (jumps and spins) V: equivalent to red satnce in current JO, slow but strong. VI: a bit of all but weak in all (yellow?). VII: Still don't know if is better than II or not. (I'm not convinced)
 Solbe M'ko
06-06-2003, 10:57 PM
Carbonite isn't cold, dude. :D
 HaruGlory89
06-15-2003, 9:51 AM
Good idea especially in Duelling. But it would work better for KOTOR.
 HertogJan
06-15-2003, 11:12 AM
7 stances?? Pffff... I found 3 stances enough!! I agree though, that the stances didn't really make sense! I'd rather have 3 different fighting styles, all with equal damage, but with different techniques. So one style which is very fast, but not accurate, and one which is very precise and with good penetration power... But all with same damage. (oh and these are just examples, mind you ;))
 toms
06-16-2003, 2:03 PM
the whole problem with stances is that it groups all the attacks in sets of power... theis takes a lot of the fun out of fighting, as if you want to fight properly (mixing quick-light moves and heavy-slow moves as appropriate) you need to keep switching styles all the time... silly. It would work much better if you used one button for fast attacks and the other for slow, or if you got to select moves for each command ( pick a red foreward slash, a blue left slash and a green right slash, for example)

not gonna happen though. :mad:

adding even more styles, especially unbalanced ones, seems totally the wrong way to go...
Page: 1 of 1