Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

vice city

Page: 1 of 1
 ollyhills
06-03-2003, 5:37 PM
i have a problem with vice city which i need help wiv -- whenever i want to play it i have 2 completely reinstall the bloody game!! is there a patch or somthin i need 2 get?????? has n e 1 else had this problem????????? pleaze sum1 help me. i cant b arsed 2 have 2 reinstall the game every time i wanna play it
 [RAA]-=Chi3f=-
06-03-2003, 7:00 PM
I have the game for the pc and it runs no problem. Have you tried..

1) Updating your video drivers?
2) No CD patch?
3) Windows Updates?
 ollyhills
06-03-2003, 7:26 PM
i tried updatin my drivers but i aint tried the rest. a m8 sent me a file wot he thinks might work but i aint tried it yet - thanks 4 the suggestions tho. have u got n e tips 4 doin the mission where u & lance r dressed as cops & u have 2 blow up that coffee shop in the mall???? i always fail gettin back 2 the mansion
 Reborn Outcast
06-03-2003, 7:29 PM
AHHHH!!! Can you PLEASE take the time to type out your sentences? Even though I can understand AIM talk, that was WAY to much. Thanks (btw it's also a rule :D )

And if you downloaded Vice City from a bad source (as in you didn't buy the game) it's going to have a problem. I recommend that if you d'led it that you go out and buy it like everyone else. If you did buy it however, just go to Google or Download.com and search for the a patch for Vice City.
 ollyhills
06-03-2003, 7:33 PM
i downloaded the patch but it only updated graphics. + y dont u like this talk if u can understand it??????????

by the way - i bought it. it would take months 4 me 2 download it!
 [RAA]-=Chi3f=-
06-03-2003, 7:39 PM
Originally posted by Reborn Outcast
AHHHH!!! Can you PLEASE take the time to type out your sentences? Even though I can understand AIM talk, that was WAY to much. Thanks (btw it's also a rule :D )

And if you downloaded Vice City from a bad source (as in you didn't buy the game) it's going to have a problem. I recommend that if you d'led it that you go out and buy it like everyone else. If you did buy it however, just go to Google or Download.com and search for the a patch for Vice City.

Lol, I wasn't going to mention the dl method :). I stopped downloading games because it's too much of a pain. If you do have a pirated version, chances are it's missing a file needed to run properly.

The mission where you and Lance are cops. Here's an easy way to beat that mission.

1) Take the helicopter to the garage. You might have to land the chopper infront of the Vercetti house and get Lance.

2) Park the helo in the street and wreak havoc until a cop car pulls up (pretty simple).

3) Fly the helicopter near the mall entrance and go inside.

4) After you plant the bomb run out side.

5) Your copter is right there. Now all you have to do is take off and go back to the mansion.
 ollyhills
06-03-2003, 7:41 PM
theres only 1 problem -- i blew up the helicopter by accident as soon as i got the mansion
 [RAA]-=Chi3f=-
06-03-2003, 7:51 PM
Originally posted by ollyhills
theres only 1 problem -- i blew up the helicopter by accident as soon as i got the mansion

lol

You can leave the area and come back and it will be there. You can also get 60 secret packeages and there will be a great helicopter named the Sea Sparrow in the back courtyard of the Vercetti mansion
 ollyhills
06-03-2003, 7:53 PM
whaddya mean 'leave the area'????
 Acrylic
06-03-2003, 7:59 PM
Originally posted by ollyhills
i downloaded the patch but it only updated graphics. + y dont u like this talk if u can understand it??????????

by the way - i bought it. it would take months 4 me 2 download it!

UHm..Its a rule that you cant talk like that...
 Mandalorian54
06-03-2003, 8:19 PM
UHm..Its a rule that you cant talk like that...

I don't see any mod's complaining. It's a dumb rule and nobody follows it so who cares. But that was a buitiful contrabution to the thread...

whaddya mean 'leave the area'????

just go drive around the block or somthing and it should be back.

I don't have it on PC though, PS2. And there are NO hidden packages on PS2.

And the whole wreacking havoc to get a cop car makes it harder to escape, just steal a cop car from a cop so you'll only get a wanted level of 1 then wait for it to go away. If you get in trouble with the cops spray your car and they'll go away.
 Acrylic
06-03-2003, 8:30 PM
Originally posted by Mandolorian54
I don't see any mod's complaining. It's a dumb rule and nobody follows it so who cares.

You shouldn't have said that...................
 ZBomber
06-03-2003, 8:37 PM
Originally posted by AcrylicGuitar
You shouldn't have said that...................

He didn't break a rule. He said it would take 2 to 4 hours to download. He didn't download it. He even said he bought it.
 Acrylic
06-03-2003, 8:38 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber
He didn't break a rule. He said it would take 2 to 4 hours to download. He didn't download it. He even said he bought it.

No If you read the posts, I was regarding to what he said about "It's a dumb rule and nobody follows it so who cares." ...He shouldnt have said THAT
 ZBomber
06-03-2003, 8:41 PM
Originally posted by AcrylicGuitar
No If you read the posts, I was regarding to what he said about "It's a dumb rule and nobody follows it so who cares." ...He shouldnt have said THAT

Well. Its not agood rule. But what I mean by that as its not clear enough. C'Jais made a good post in a thread around here, saying whats ok, and whats not about P2P programs......

I give up. :p
*goes to play some Jedi Outcast*
 [RAA]-=Chi3f=-
06-03-2003, 8:55 PM
Riiiight :D

Anyway, back to the subject....

When I mean leave the area I mean go to one of the cities and come back. It will reload items that are usually there. For example if you had weapons there and you took them all, if you went to a city and came back they'd all be there again. :D
Page: 1 of 1