Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Min Requirements for Max settings

Page: 1 of 1
 Eklin
05-30-2003, 9:41 PM
I know I've been posting a lot of questions/suggestions lately, but this game has got me intrigued, and I haven't been here to keep track of what's going on... anyways...

I was just wondering what the MINIMUM requirements would be to run the game at MAXIMUM settings. I was playing Ghost Recon on my Celeron 1.7 Ghz, GeForce 3 Ti 500, Soundblaster Audigy mp3 +, 256 mb DDR RAM PC, and on the first city based level, I got all kinds of drops in my frame rate. Thing is though, I hate to drop the settings below their max. I love gorgeous scenery.

Anybody know anything about this?
 JaledDur
05-30-2003, 9:46 PM
Originally posted by Eklin
I know I've been posting a lot of questions/suggestions lately, but this game has got me intrigued, and I haven't been here to keep track of what's going on... anyways...

I was just wondering what the MINIMUM requirements would be to run the game at MAXIMUM settings. I was playing Ghost Recon on my Celeron 1.7 Ghz, GeForce 3 Ti 500, Soundblaster Audigy mp3 +, 256 mb DDR RAM PC, and on the first city based level, I got all kinds of drops in my frame rate. Thing is though, I hate to drop the settings below their max. I love gorgeous scenery.

Anybody know anything about this?

If you want all the settings at their max your going to have to have the hardware to back it up. The new Celerons are OK (as compared with their predecessors at least). I'd say your bottleneck right now is your video card. Throw in a Radeon 9700 or something. After that the next thing to upgrade would be your processor (which you may or may not need a new mobo for, I don't know I'm not an Intel guy and am not familiar with which processors are what socket and what FSB), and you could probably do with some more RAM just for the hell of it. 256 is a minimum these days.
 StormHammer
05-30-2003, 11:39 PM
At this time, no one knows that the MINIMUM or RECOMMENDED system requirements are for the game. Raven probably will not know that until they have tweaked the game for the best possible performance, which is one of the last development phases.

Any hardware/system advice at this point can only be simply speculation based on JO/SOF2 and related games.
 Master_Payne
05-31-2003, 12:08 AM
Possible like any other FPS with similar engines:
+1Ghz (closer to 2 better)
256mb Ram (512 yet better)
64mb Video Card (128 way better)
*edit Open GL and directX 8+ compatible
I play JO with the non () values at max, the () values just gives more FPS.
I can be wrong.
Page: 1 of 1