Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Voice Communictions

Page: 1 of 1
 Damarius
05-27-2003, 7:06 PM
Just an idea to introduce voice communication if it is not implemented on the game. Someone could dedicate a PC to run a Roger Wilco Server.

Roger Wilco (http://rogerwilco.gamespy.com/)

Give me your input
 StarCords
05-27-2003, 7:47 PM
Might work a bit, but no. Speices could not talk like they're supposed to and don't get me started on Wookies.
 Opa
05-27-2003, 8:12 PM
Yes rw would interfere with the RP aspect with different alien language like the language of the wookies. But for combat it would be useful and as long as everybody can speak basic then maybe it could be used for just combat?
 Damarius
05-27-2003, 8:14 PM
Rp your character was meant ot be separate. I was referring to having a voice channel open so the PA could communicate such as sharing information. If a PA has challenge everyone to a dual then people on the voice server could help out. If you find a good mining spot or a new unexplored area you could share it with the group. If people are looking for a group then an announcement could be made. This could be used in conjuction with a PA chat channel over the game. Yet it may be better because if someone its getting chased by a krayt dragon and needs fellow PA's to help then the chat channel on the game would be more difficult to use than simply pressing the intercom voice communications button.

My thoughts,
Damarius
 Opa
05-27-2003, 8:20 PM
for PA announcements thats a cool idea :)
 -=ReApEr=-
05-28-2003, 8:39 AM
It might work, but the game might block it out.We will just have to wait and see. :)
 Dradle
05-28-2003, 2:41 PM
Roger wilco, and team speak work great thru EQ. And if you all are interested I will make a forum poll and see what the =A= think.
 Jackrabbit
05-28-2003, 4:18 PM
I don't like chat programs because of my 56k (and dumb voice :)). I probably wouldn't use it.
 Jan Gaarni
05-28-2003, 7:00 PM
No need for voice I think :)

There will be plenty of ways to communicate in-game: PM's, emails, PA board, PA channel most likely etc....
 Xx_Patman_xX
05-28-2003, 7:44 PM
I dont like the idea, it would be weird hearing peoples real voics :D .
Page: 1 of 1