Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Will There Be Tow Cables For Tripping Up AT-AT's and stuff?

Page: 1 of 1
 EndSub
09-25-2001, 8:11 AM
the title says it all!
 Twodogs
09-25-2001, 11:26 AM
Yeah I read an interview with Gaber somewhere where he said that the Speeders take down the Walkers with their Tow Cables and that they had to design a custom death for the AT-AT's.:atat:
 Link Antilles
09-25-2001, 4:48 PM
Cool!
Bye, Bye, ATATs!

:atat:
 T.I.E
09-25-2001, 4:55 PM
Your not gonna get that close to use the tow cable!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
 Paladin
09-25-2001, 5:51 PM
Dont make excuses. With the low tow cable attack we will hog tie those AT-ATs
 Master Yoda
09-25-2001, 6:21 PM
YEP, Those AT-ATs are goin DOWN!!!!
 EndSub
09-25-2001, 6:26 PM
cool!

:atat: :x-wing:

Darth_Rommel
09-25-2001, 7:06 PM
EmPere rulez! reBEEL suck! - Admiral Viper :D
 Lord JayVizIon
09-25-2001, 8:36 PM
okay......

anyhow, yes there will be a credible tow cable attack for snowspeeders. i read that from star wars gamer magazine. i don't know how effective they'll be, but the fact that it's even in the game is sweet.....
 darthfergie
09-25-2001, 8:40 PM
Originally posted by Lord JayVizIon
okay......

anyhow, yes there will be a credible tow cable attack for snowspeeders. i read that from star wars gamer magazine. i don't know how effective they'll be, but the fact that it's even in the game is sweet.....

What??? I thought there wasn't going to be one...:confused:

I guess I need to re-read that...
 Generalchang
09-25-2001, 9:55 PM
It is sweet!!
 EndSub
09-25-2001, 10:44 PM
well if they sucked, they wouldent be there, so i am pretty confident :)
 Dagobahn Eagle
09-27-2001, 2:56 PM
One more pass... just one more pass... why isn't that thing tripping :mad:? ...DACK?! What do you mean, you haven't fired the tow cable?! :D :D :D

well if they sucked, they wouldent be there

*cough* *cough* Gungangs *cough* :D

Seriously, I would rather have the proton torpedoes of the X-Wings than the tow cable against the AT-ATs :). In the novels, torpedoes from X-Wings and Y-Wings can penetrate the shields and hull of an ISD if the fire is intesified to one spot on the hull. I doubt the AT-ATs have an armor set that is stronger than the combined strenght of an ISD shields AND hull, don't you think?

Besides, those weren't really laser cannons the Speeders had, but blasters, or "light laser cannons". I don't seem to remember hearing that "whap, whap, whap" laser sound of the X-Wing lasers when the speeders fired?

Dagobahn Eagle

edit: [Qutoe] spelled wrong, missing "i" in the [/i] tag, and I just realised that my signature sucks :p.
 Tie Guy
09-27-2001, 4:23 PM
Yeah, in the Rogue Squadron novels, the X-wings took out several ATATs with just their lasers.
 Admiral Odin
09-27-2001, 7:17 PM
this game gets better and better. now tow cables. :D
Page: 1 of 1