Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Swediot's Cantina

Page: 1 of 2
 Danyx
05-23-2003, 4:22 PM
The female human closes her eyes and rolls them back under the lids to clear the dust and adjust to the dimmer light of the cantina she's just stepped into. She steps away from the path in front of the entrance and looks around.

(note: using the TAG system that The Monastery uses to identify who is next in line for posting to my own threads, aka "tag...you're next". )

TAG:leaving the description of the cantina open for the owner to describe. Everyone else is TAG:open
 DirtyWombat
05-23-2003, 5:22 PM
A weathered human male, in a tattered robe and demi-jacket, peers up casually from the dim lighting of his booth, and takes a sip from his drink while gazing at the cantina entrance. The man then sets his drink down calmly on the scarred table surface and rubs the condensation from the glass off on his sleeve. Trying not to draw undue attention, the man eases his rifle closer and gently rests his hand across his bandolier...

TAG: Open

Wombat
 Lord_Vessen
05-23-2003, 9:42 PM
There sat a blue zabrak with black sith like tatoos. He sat nursing his Swediot Ale, the newest drink out there. He black cloak drooped over his chair as he leaned back. A scar over his left eye made it hard for him to see.
 Jatari Bazrak
05-23-2003, 9:52 PM
Sitting by him was a Fierce Zabark Bounty hunter with tan skin and midnight blue tatoos, Dark blue eyes, deadly looking silver horns scared with blood, and a black goate.

Was counting his credits he had just gotten after killing Mess the Hutt 10,000....20,000.....30,000. Then he smirked and handed Vessen his thirty thousand.
 Lord_Vessen
05-23-2003, 10:01 PM
Vessen took the credits and shoved them into his cloak pocket.

OOC: Nice combo between RPs.
 Danyx
05-23-2003, 10:04 PM
The woman pulled her cloak back by putting her hand on her hip under it, exposing her blaster. She didn't want anyone mistaking she was not a cantina-fly willing to make any tips horizontally.

She walked passed the weathered human with a nod, looked at the pair of Zabraks and gave them a crooked smile, and made her way to the bar. "I'll have a Rodian Blurr," she said to the barkeep, tossing some credits to him. She took her drink and turned back towards the tables, looking for a place to relax.

TAG: open
 DirtyWombat
05-23-2003, 10:45 PM
The weathered man glanced up at the determined woman, down at her blaster with a smug grin, and then off apprehensively at the fortuitous Zabrak counting their bounty. He paused a moment and with a smirk, pushed the adjoining table stool towards her and took another sip of his drink.

Wombat
 Harkano
05-23-2003, 10:56 PM
A tall, almost lanky teenage human slinks through the door hesitantly.
He lowers the hood of his dark cloak and glances warily around the Cantina. He tries not to appear afraid and fails. He cannot help his gaze lingering on the pair of Zabraks but quickly steps towards the bar. He hesitantly examines the woman in the dark cloak brandishing her sidearm and his eyes go even wider at the grizlled man openly brandishing his rifle who obviouslly knew how to use it.
He pats the side of his cloak as if checking to see if staightening a crease in the well worn garment while trying not to look as if he is not nervouslly checking his blaster is close to hand.
He asks the barman for a Star Racer and begins to tentatively sip at it.

TAG: Open or whatever
 Jatari Bazrak
05-23-2003, 11:03 PM
Jatari picked up his portable bounty reader and checked down the list for anything good.
"nothing....nothing....nothing...what a minuet what do we have here." Jatari says and opens the file.

Name:Thrax kar'
Species:trandoshan
Sex:Male

Alive:30,000 credits
Dead:15,000 credits
Last location:Theed,Naboo

Wanted for letting three persons escape capture.
(names unnone) "I think we need to pay Thrax a little vist.
Want to come along Vessen? I beleave he would be quite pleased to see us. Don't you argee?" Jatari asked

OOC: thanks Vessen
 Lord_Vessen
05-23-2003, 11:16 PM
Vessen felt his sharp crown of horns atop his head. The cantina was going to get busy real quick. He sipped his drink and ajusted his shouldered rifle. He noted the female human attempting to show her "rank" in the cantina. Her body language stated she did not want to be messed with. He also saw the young human walk into the bar. The zabrak chuckled to himself then drank the rest of his ale.
 DirtyWombat
05-23-2003, 11:21 PM
The weathered man gives the cloaked fellow a shallow nod with courtious grin, while ensuring the Zabrak pair inspecting their comm aren't more than just curios.

Wombat
 Jatari Bazrak
05-24-2003, 12:51 AM
"Well well well look who just came in, Harkano from my old skyhopper days."
Then he orderd a Z-11, a mind enhancer drink.
"Soppose Rydur's interested in Thrax Kaar'?"
 swediot=)
05-24-2003, 1:18 AM
OOC: my cantina is copyright .... yes thats right ive made up a copyright and this swidiots i think is a litle close to swediots :mad:
 Lord_Vessen
05-24-2003, 2:16 AM
OOC: Lol, its your cantina. She spelled it wrong.
 Krymelord
05-24-2003, 6:45 AM
The low rumble is, at first, barely audible. An ear splitting roar can be heard over the noise of the bar, maybe just down the street. The heavy thuds get louder, causing several of the expensive bottles at the bar to rattle. Loud snorts and grunts can be heard from just outside the door. Abruptly the noises stop, and there is silence. A cloaked stranger appears at the door, impossible to make out, with the bright light form the street behind him. A Zaius Arms Inc. carbine strapped to his shoulder, he strides to the bar.
"The usual," asks the bartender? With a quick nod, he begins to pour. The stranger puts some money on the bar and a folded piece of paper. With a suction-cupped hand, takes his drink to a dimly lit booth, in the back corner. He waits...

TAG: OPEN
 Jatari Bazrak
05-24-2003, 8:14 PM
Then the music played again and people started cared the least for the new arival... all except Jatari, who started to pay more attention to the man.:eek:

Then Jatari spoke to Vessen. "Him..." What?
"You see that guy who just came in?" asked Jatari "No. Why?"
"That's Krymelord pr at least thats what he calls himself. That guy has never lost a man he's after in his life, and we've got bountys on us. Hope, you didn't forget about the last bounty hunter we ran into.

Tag:OPEN!, now closed, OPEN!, now closed, OPEN!
 Danyx
05-24-2003, 11:09 PM
OOC: Yes, Swediot, it IS your bar, and I spelled it wrong. We aren's stealing your idea, we are promoting it. We've decided that a bunch of us want to hang out on a semi-regular basis drinking your swill and getting together, so I started this thread to start our roleplaying at your establishment before we get into game instead of waiting.

My first post in this thread asks you to please describe the bar, as it is your's it should be up to you to describe it's look and feel.

We want to party at your place. Also, can we know if it is you tending bar, or do you have a hired hand, what does he look like, etc.

~~~~~~~

IC: Danyx takes the seat offered by the weathered man, hides a grin from the teen, and sidesteps the latest, and loudest patron of the establishment. Sitting at the table, she raises her glass to the man, "name's Danyx, and you are?"
 swediot=)
05-25-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Lord_Vessen
OOC: Lol, its your cantina. She spelled it wrong.

OOC: i know i was just being an =A= hole

oooo lets see description..... well first off i will be tending to the abr every now and again but i will also have hired help to do it most of the time. hopefully ill have a band as well (i have to have one dont I :D ) umm i dont really know what its gonna loo like though but sometimes ill have bouncers like ... i think gaalgooth was gonna be part time bouncer but i dont remember if it was him or someone else... any way you be creative and come up with something

ooo i forgot.... getting extremely pissed bar fights and illegal ectivity such as gambling/smuggling yaaadi yaaadaaa is highly encouraged :thumbsup::D :p

but if you get blood on my floor ill make you clean it

NOTE *dont tell me i cant make you like a said ill have bouncers... and friends... and .... and... im very big and very hairy
 Lord_Vessen
05-25-2003, 3:56 AM
Vessen kept his eye on the newest person that entered the cantina. He hoped that he was not here for them.
 Krymelord
05-26-2003, 6:22 AM
The bartender looks towards the cloaked stranger in the back booth. With a nod from the dark figure, the bartender pours two drinks and walks to the two Zabraks.

"From a new aquaintence," he says as he places the drinks on the table. Underneath one is is a folded piece of paper. While taking a gulp of his beverage, Vessen removes the note and reads it.
I was contacted by several of your Associates, and asked to follow up on some information. You and your friend are marked! There are four in the back alley and three about to come in the front door. There is another across the street with a rifle, hiding behind a waste disposal unit. Stay seated and wait for my signal.

Vessen passes the note to his companion, and looks at the back booth. With a nod, he rusumes his conversation with Jatari...

TAG: OPEN
 swediot=)
05-26-2003, 7:15 AM
K2-3po: itl be nice to get back home... I never thaught id say this but i really miss that place
shreneka: greaaaaar
K2-3po: no really... i really do. Sure all your guests are foul trigger happy space pirates.... i actually do enjoy a good bar fight every once and a while....... umm Shen..
Shreneka: hrrmmph
K2-3po: why is there a rifleman hiding in the garbage across the street.
Shreneka: groowl breaawl shriif
K2-3po: yes i know the cantina isnt a very good place for some one like that but ive never seen one of the guys put some one in a dumpster before.

the swoop bike came to a halt 5 paces from the front door. to the cantina. shreneka didnt really like the look of that guy in the fumpster either... he didnt really look like he had taken much of a beating.

shrenekeka enters the cantina. and makes his way to the bar.

TAG: what ever

OOC: thaught id have to do atleast something in this thread right:D
 Krymelord
05-26-2003, 11:44 AM
Krymelord noticed the large wookie's entrance, with a quick hand signal he notified Shreneka of the four stooges out back. He had come to like this bar, for two reasons. It was the only place he new that could pour his favorite drink right, and Shreneka had saved his life once. He wanted to make sure the wookie had all the details before everything went down.
The first time he was in this bar, a young Kra'sko Goorka, was on the run from Rodian bounty hunters. They found him here, but one made the unfortunate mistake of pointing a blaster at Shreneka within arms reach. Since that day Krymelord called Corellia home and considered Shreneka someone worthy of respect. Not always seeing eye to eye, but realising that allies were hard to come by in this part of the universe, Kra'sko would make sure that the wookie was covered.

TAG: Swediot
 swediot=)
05-27-2003, 2:57 AM
the wookie nodded. and made sure of his bowcaster strapped to his back... yep still there allright. one thing you should never do is walk un armed into his own bar.... After all somone like him should never walk un armed anywhere who knows whod wanna take over his litle bussiness.

four goons.... some people. Ah well fix it somehow... maybe that guy in the dumpster wasnt sleeping. This cant be very good. Things are defenetely gonna get ugly

shreneka reached under his poncho and into his utility pack and grabbed his datapad.

who was that guy in the dumpster anyway.... oh oh

shreneka signaled assasin to krymelord

Tag: kryme lord ( or anyone who wants to interupt :p)
 Krymelord
05-27-2003, 4:27 AM
Scanning the patrons warily, Kra'sko looked for any signs of other members of the hit team. Noone stood out, but you can never tell. The only thing left to do, was sit back and wait. He ordered another drink and shifted his weight in the booth. He hated this game, but knew that itchy trigger fingers were more likely to make a mistake. A server droid rolled over with his drink. As he reached inside his cloak for some creds, he undid the fastening strap to his field knife. Depositing the coins on the tray, Krymelord sat back and feign disinterest in the rest of the crowd.

TAG:Open
 Jackrabbit
05-27-2003, 12:03 PM
OOC: My description ->Zabrak, about 6 feet tall, muscular, with tan skin. I have tattoos under my eyes and on my cheeks and chin, and on the back of my neck. The ones on my neck go down and cover my back, but you can't see those. I also have them all over my arms. I'm wearing a gray combat vest with no sleeves, so my arms are sticking out. I'm also wearing camouflage cargo pants and combat boots. My horns are spread out evenly over my skull, and all are about 1.5" long. I have a standard carbine strapped into a holster on my leg. Oh, and my name is Grask Lekkren.

IC: Grask walks into the cantina and pauses, letting his eyes adjust to the light. He scans the crowd noting the two Zabrak, the woman, and the man with the rifle. He then peers to the back, looking for Kra'sko. He knew he was in the area because of his rather large, rather vicious transport. There, he spotted him.

Grask: Hey Shreneka, how’s business?

Shreneka: Roharrarhhaarr!

Grask: Sounds good Shreneka!

Grask had no idea what Shreneka had said. He had never bothered to learn Shyriiwook, but he figured that was no reason for him not to be polite. He makes his way through the crowd and to the back of the cantina, where Kra’sko sits. He plops down into the booth across from him with a *thud* and leans his head back, giving a big sigh. He brings his head forward again and looks to Kra’sko for a minute.

Grask: ...How’ve you been?

TAG: Krymelord or a newcomer
 DirtyWombat
05-27-2003, 2:08 PM
From a stern awareness of the hightening tension in the cantina, the weathered man breaks from his concentration and steadies his posture with a smile to address his new companion.

"The name's Ellam Feerce..."

His eyes slip with a smirk towards the woman's proudly displayed blaster.

"Nice to make your acquaintance..."

He casually scans the cantina again.

"Especially since this place appears that it will get busy..."

The man takes a sip from his drink and asks...

"What brings you here?"

TAG: Danyx and patrons

Wombat
 Krymelord
05-27-2003, 3:07 PM
Kra'sko: I am well old friend, but it seems that the information I was following for you has ended with Vessen drawing some... unwanted attention. I am sure you saw the three out front, the four in the alley are as subtle as a Bantha in a pottery shop. I seem to remeber the last time we were here, we put several holes in the alley walls. Shreneka is going to ban us pretty soon!

After a brief laugh from Grask, the rodian becomes hushed again.

Kra'sko: I know very few of these patrons Grask, it has been too long since we have been here. So far only the human female looks like she may be trouble, the rest look like they will keep to themselves, although looks can be deceiving. So you followed the other trail of information, what did you learn on Dantooine?

TAG: Jackrabbit/Danyx or Patrons
 Danyx
05-27-2003, 3:18 PM
Scanning the bar, she answers Ellam, "Busy is good, especially when you are looking for information to sell, or a delivery deal to make. Are you from this planet?"

tag: wombat
 DirtyWombat
05-27-2003, 3:49 PM
Ellam laughs softly and with a smile states...

"Is it that obvious?"
"I just got off of transport from Tatooine..."

Ellam looks over his shoulder and around the cantina with a sheepish grin.

"Here I thought I blended rather nicely."

Ellam shakes the remnants of his drink and states softly...

"It's been a long trip with little payoff."

The man finishes his drink and gestures to the barkeep for another round and proclaims.

"Oh, and bring one for my new friend here!"

Ellam casually returns his attention to the woman and asks with a grin...

"So..."
"What's a girl like you doing in the information business?"
"That sort of thing seems to draw a lot of attention from those I tend to keep at scope's distance."

Wombat
 Danyx
05-27-2003, 8:02 PM
"Actually, I'm a scout of sorts. I was raised, um, rather sheltered, and so I'm out exploring what I've missed in the galaxy. Gathering information, taking deliveries, it gives me an excuse to travel while getting paid to do it," she replies with a crooked grin. "And I buy the next round. I'm an equality type of female," she replies while clinking her glass to the one Ellam is holding.

"Looks like those Zabraks are doing business," she says with a nod to the duo in the other booth.

tag: Wombat
 DirtyWombat
05-27-2003, 9:54 PM
"Yeah..."
Acknowledging the Zabrak pair with a grin.
"That never gives me a cozy feeling."

Ellam returns his eyes to Danyx.
"I'm glad your picking up the next round..."

"I would never want to stand in the way of equality!"

With a courteous nod, Ellam adds...
"Even if I'm a gentleman by nature,..."

"Especially given your choice of accessories,..."
He says with emphasis while gesturing towards the woman's blaster.

"And definitely since that trip from Tatooine left me with about 100 credits to my name."
Ellam says with a devilish smile.

Ellam sips his drink and mumbles while shaking his head.
"Long trip, little payoff."

He draws his attention from his glass back to Danyx and says with a smile.
"So..."
"You mentioned you were raised..."
"What was it...?"
"...'umm sheltered..., yes."
"Sounds like an aristocrat to me..."

Ellam pauses, raises an eyebrow and asks...
"Your not one of those 'rich-what-does-it-all-mean' people trying to find purpose to the galaxy, are you?"

Ellam smiles.
"Cause I've found a lot of things, but purpose wasn't one of them."

TAG: Danyx

Wombat
 Danyx
05-28-2003, 12:03 AM
"No, no, not rich, comfortable, but not rich." replied Danyx to Ellam. "My father is a politician, a liason between a city on Naboo and the Imperium. We're from Kadaara. My mother is a scientist there. They were too busy to deal with a child so I was raised by a licensed governess who didn't let my leash loose often enough. Everytime I ran off they assumed I was with a rabble of thugs, you know, rebelling. Truth is I was off always camping in the woods. Nothing like squalls cooked over an open fire," she says with a grin. "Nothing like sleeping under a canopy of stars, quiet, peaceful. No Imperials bossing you around. No rebels preaching of freedom and rights. Suit me just fine if they blew each other into the next galaxy and left the rest of us alone."

"I took this job that brought me to Tattoine because there's people I've been looking for here. The job gave me a nice nest in the bank, and enough cash to buy us a few rounds, and a lead on the people I've been looking for."

tag:Wombat
 Lord_Vessen
05-28-2003, 2:26 AM
OOC: Hey Swediot could I be a "bouncer" in the game?
 swediot=)
05-28-2003, 3:22 AM
OOC: if you really want to then ...... yeh ok
 dathansurehand
05-28-2003, 10:58 AM
Oblivious to the impending brawl about to occur, Dathan moves straight to the bar from outside, Only noting the immense height of the Wookie.

"Can I see the owner of this establishment?" he asks the bartender.

"Buy somethin' you lout, and then maybe I will help ya." The barhelp says, without ever taking his eyes off the room.

"Alright, give me a water, on the rocks..." Smirked Dathen. As the barhelp retrieves his water, Dathen notes the myriad of beings in the cantina. "I wonder if this is a nice establishment?' He thinks to himself.

OOC: Sorry about the cut. Just wanted to give ya all someone who may not want a fight......I am human, not real tall, 5'10" Dark hair, fairly normal. Dressed in travellers clothes.

Tag: Back to wombat (sorry Danyx)
 Jackrabbit
05-28-2003, 1:09 PM
OOC: Guess I better post before the fight breaks out :p

Kra'sko: ...So you followed the other trail of information, what did you learn on Dantooine?

Grask: Not alot. The place has been crawling with Imps lately, and they’re wary of any new arrivals. I got the chance to talk to one of the Gray Talons, though. He told me about a big shipment of spice leaving for here in 2 weeks. I didn’t see how that was of any importance, until he gave me this.

Grask pulls out a datacard and slides it across the table to Kra’sko

Grask: It’s a…

Grask looks over his shoulder at the cantina patrons. He leans in and starts talking in a quiet whisper.

Grask: It’s a recording of a man named Harvin Taul. He’s a politician, and they don’t get any more crooked than this. I don’t think we should talk about this in here, but let’s just say that there’s more than just spice on this shipment, and Taul is very interested in it. Now, I’m not sure how this all pertains to our friend Vessen, but it seems there is more going on here than meets the eye.

Grask quickly leans back as a waitress delivers his usual drink. He thanks her as she leaves, and resumes his conversation

Grask: So, Vessen has made some friends, huh?

Grask turns and studies the patrons once more. He notices the newcomer being yelled at by the bartender, but pays it no heed.

Grask: Do you think they’ll make a move in here, or wait until he leaves?
 Jatari Bazrak
05-28-2003, 1:30 PM
Jatari was tiered of waiting but he knew if he went outside they would be shot down on the spot.

"So how are we going to get to my ship to take the 'spice' out if we can't even get out of the cantina?" asked Jatari

"Theres patrons all over the place.... and I bet theres a couple in here too."
 Danyx
05-28-2003, 2:04 PM
OOC: Tag: Back to wombat (sorry Danyx)

As long as you are responding to someone else's tag or starting your own tag, you are fine, darlin'. My tagging Wombat just means that it's his turn to talk to me and no one else can butt into that conversation just yet. Doesn't mean no one else can post by any means.

Post away peoples :D
 DirtyWombat
05-28-2003, 3:51 PM
Ellam replies with a smile.
"So you're the comfortable, outdoorsy type..."
"I like that..."
"I can see it coming in handy in your line of work..."
"Or even if just to avoid the impetuous inclinations of the Imperial mindset."

Ellam shifts his attention to Zabrak momentarily.
"So, are you involved..."
"Or should I say..."
"About to be involved in any of this?"

Ellam turns his eyes to Danyx.
"This seems like it's going to be a good place to find a lead..."
"And probably shortly!"

Ellam states with a puzzled grin and raised eyebrow.
"An associate of mine asked me to come here and I have a funny feeling this might be why."

"If we must..."

"You lead the dance..."

"I have two left feet in these sorts of things..."
"But a wicked follow through."
Ellam closes with a grin.

Wombat
 Krymelord
05-28-2003, 3:59 PM
A low growl can barely be heard from outside.

Kra'sko: Well we can find out more later, it seems we are about to get company... I guess I get to be the drunk Rodian again.

With a quick wink towards Grask and a nod towards Shreneka, Kra'sko threw back his hood. Abruptly standing up he spouts several colorful Rodese curses.

Kra'sko: Damn you Zabrak, that is the last time, we do business!

Lurching towards the bar, Kra'sko leans on it for support.

Kra'sko: I spent four weeks in the bush tracking your precious animals. Four DAMN weeks, and you say they were unacceptable. I even delivered them early, trained them myself! What do you take me for, a fool?

Three stocky men walk into the bar, one seems to take special notice of the two Zabraks sitting, while the other two look on at the Rodian making a scene.

Grask: There is nothing more to do here Mr. Goorka, my employers are unsatisfied with your cargo. Do not make me contact the authorities.

Kra'sko: I have a good mind to contact them myself, you have not seen the last of me!

Kra'sko stumbles from the bar still looking towards Grask with obvious contempt.

Kra'sko: I am sure the local authorities will be more interested in hearing of an illegal shipment of animals delivered to Mr... wooaaahh.

Walking square into the largest man by the door, the Rodian falls limply to the floor.

Kra'sko: Why don't you watch your step, HUMAN!

Before he can get up on his own, the large man grabs the Rodian by the collar and drags him to his feet.

Hit Team Leader: Instead why don't you get your foul, Rodian stench out of my sight and this town before I decide to gut you, twerp!

Grask: Thank you sir, toss that mutt out on his ass.

Hit Team Leader: It seems you are not well liked here, bug-eyes, I suggest you get lost.

Kra'sko: Ye.. Yes sir.

The Rodian, scrambling on all fours, shot out of the bar in a flash.

The three thugs then moved to flank the two Zabraks sitting in their booth. One on each side, their obvious leader raised his blaster and stood out of their reach.

Hit Team Leader: If you two would kindly, place your hands on the table. Do you really think that allies of Mess would simply let you get away with your attack?

A loud roar pierced the air, as heavy foot falls made their way across the street. A solo blaster shot was heard before a blood curdling scream rang out. The cantina doors swung open once again.

Kra'sko: My scent will not bother you much longer, Assassin.

The bolt of energy from the Rodian's carbine hit the Thug leader, square in the chest, lifting him off the ground and depositing him, still twitching, on the floor, three feet away. The two others pivoted to train their guns, on the Rodian...

TAG: Open(Just give a chance for all those who wish to participate.) :)
 DirtyWombat
05-28-2003, 4:02 PM
Originally posted by Krymelord
TAG: Open(Just give a chance for all those who wish to participate.) :)

OOC: Well played lad...:D Thanks KL...!!!
Wombat
 Krymelord
05-28-2003, 4:24 PM
OOC: Well played lad... Thanks KL...!!!
Wombat

OOC: Hehe, sorry about that post mix up DW. I gotcha covered.
 Danyx
05-28-2003, 4:25 PM
Danyx follows Ellam's gaze at the zabraks, "no, if you mean those two, though eventually their kind will no doubt seek my help. I've been training, living really, as a scout of sorts. I know Naboo and Rori like the back of my hand, so taking tourists wanting safari and adventure on my homeworld has always been easy cash for me. I'm heading soon to my thirties, not getting any younger, and with the Imperials and the Rebellion heating up, thinking of expanding my education."

"I'm damn good with a blaster, and I can set up a fairly decent camp, but everytime a group I've been hired by goes and gets themselves into trouble, they expect me to know what to do with their gushing wounds," Danyx shakes her head. "I'm thinking I can make more money, raise the level of my services so to speak, if I can get some training as a combat medic. That means learning how to sew up those gushing wounds."

"Yes, yes, I know," she injects with a raised hand, "why not get the training from that scientist mother of mine. No thank you. I don't want to learn on my home planet with my interferring parents. I'm not a kid anymore. It's ridiculous. Ignored me as a kid now they won't leave me alone."

"I need healing skills, and people to practice on where a reputation won't follow me. If someone dies while I'm learning," she shrugs, "oh well," she smirks. "I figure there's enough mercenaries and neutral factions here on Tattoine, the farthest planet from anywhere, where when I get hired here if I screw up and someone dies, it won't follow me around the galaxy, ya know?" she says with a pirate smile.

"Getting the training is fairly easy, but getting the contracts to, um, experiment my experience on, now that's tougher. If I screw up with Imperials, I get thrown in the can. If I screw up with Rebels, I get a reputation that follows me around like a black cloud. And let's face it, everyone first learning a new trade is going to screw up. I'd just rather screw up on the contracts I take out on "tours" and "safaris" to not haunt me the rest of my life. When I get good, then I'll start working planets that aren's so far away from the center of the galaxy." She grins, looking sideways at Ellam with a smirk, polishing off her drink.

"Ready for another round?" she asks as she's suddenly distracted by the commossion. Checking her sidearm, she turns and nods to Ellam.

tag: wombat and patrons
 dathansurehand
05-28-2003, 4:29 PM
"One, two, three, four, they can't be up to any good." Dathan was sipping his water counting the different species in the cantina when a group of thugs rolled in.

Dathan slid down the bar, trying to be nonchalant. Not so easy with all the blasters about to show up. Things were heating up.

Dathan spun about and yelled to the barkeep, "I need to see the owner as soon as possible." and heads for the door.
 Jackrabbit
05-28-2003, 4:36 PM
OOC: That was good KL :). I'll edit in a minute with what I'm doing.

[Edit – Here it is.]

As the hit team concentrated on the two Zabrak at the bar, Grask casually undid the straps on his carbine. Suddenly there was a roar outside, and the floor shook as Kra’sko’s mount pounded across the street. Grask knew what to do; he just hoped that somebody would know to follow their lead.

The doors of the cantina swung open, and Grask readied himself mentally. A blaster bolt took the leader in the chest, and the two henchmen focused their attention on Kra’sko. Now was his chance. Grask drew his carbine as he closed in on the closest henchman. The enemy turned slightly in his direction at the last minute, just in time to take an elbow to the temple. The goon dropped like a stone, stunned from the Zabrak’s strong attack. Grask lowered his carbine, pointing it at the Humans head.

Grask: Did you really think that allies of Vessen would let you get away with an attack like this?

Grask smirked slightly, but then his face went stoic. He took aim and fired, silencing the goon forever.

OOC: I figured I'd leave one alive for somebody else :).
 DirtyWombat
05-28-2003, 5:08 PM
Ellam finishes his drink with a grimmace. "Always *cough* ready for another..." Ellam smiles.

"You seem to have reservations about your past, particularly you parents." "Can't say I blame you." "I've heard a lot of stories of stolen childhoods, but I think that takes the credits."
"It's one thing to have lost your parents..."
"It's another matter intirely to have lost parents."
Ellam says seriously and compasionately.

"I see people, too often, so involved in their own affairs that the light of life passes right over them as they diligently tend to the discretions of the mundane."
"It's a shame really..."
"Not for you..."
"But for your parents..."

Ellam shifts his attention momentarily to the scuffle in the cantina. He calmly shifts his weight onto his side and gently slides his foot under the butt of his rifle.

He returns his attention to Danyx and says calmly in a soft determined tone.
"I don't usually get involved in other's affairs,...
Ellam smiles
"...particularly when I'm engaged in fond converstation with such appealing company,..."
"...but I think those fellas may just need some assistance..."

As the henchman's companion turns his blaster to Grask, Ellam stands sharply from his seat projecting his rifle into the air. As the action reaches chest height, he fixes the the butt to his shoulder and fires a single shot in one fluid motion...
The severed hand of the companion falls to the cantina floor, blaster fixed and finger trapped lifeless on the trigger...
Ellam quickly sits to resume his conversation and avoid undue attention, as the agonizing companion trips to a kneel.

Ellam returns his gaze to Danyx, takes a deep breath, and says with a curious look.
"Where was I..."
"That's right, your childhood..."
"Please tell me more."

Wombat
 Jatari Bazrak
05-28-2003, 6:43 PM
So krymelord, we need to get to my ship can you give us cover?
Jatari said releaved Vessen was friends of Krymelords.
"Why didn't you tell me you were friends with Krymelord?" Jatari says to Vessen.

TAG:Krymlord, Vessen, and buddies of Krymlords
 Danyx
05-28-2003, 7:52 PM
The blond puts her hand over her mouth to hide her burst of laughter, knowing the sound of it will be hidden in the noise of the cantina.

"I was saying, are you ready for another round?" she chuckles at Ellam, "And that was a smooth move, sir, cheers!"

tag: wombat and patrons
 Jackrabbit
05-29-2003, 6:54 PM
Grask snaps his gaze to Ellam, being a little stunned at his show of marksmanship. "Thank you" he says quickly, before looking to Shreneka.

Grask: Sorry about the mess Shreneka. To Jatari: Yeah, I'm pretty sure we could cover you until you got to your ship. I suggest we take the back door though. To Kra'sko: What should we do with this one?

Grask motions to the man holding his wounded arm.

OOC: I think if we leave the cantina we should make a new thread. If we continue this story I don't want to fill up Swediots Cantina. I like where this plot is going and I think it would be cool to give it it's own thread. I'll leave it up to you guys though (Vessen, Jatari and Krymelord).

TAG: Allies (Vessen, Jatari, Krymelord)
 Jatari Bazrak
05-29-2003, 9:21 PM
Alright I started a new thread so anybody who likes whrer this is going click here. (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100750)
Page: 1 of 2