Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lucasarts official site - Tauntaun Alert!

Page: 1 of 1
 StormHammer
05-23-2003, 12:15 PM
I just had a quick look at the Lucasarts official site (http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jediacademy/features.htm) for JA, and they've had a small update...with 3 new models.

One of them is a Tauntaun. Just thought you might like to know. ;)

I think they all look very good.
 Wacky_Baccy
05-23-2003, 12:52 PM
Nice one Stormy - thanks for the heads-up! :D

*goes off to examine the models in minutest detail* XD
 HertogJan
05-23-2003, 1:44 PM
THX!! The taun taun looks ok... Nice Tusken Raider too :)
 Prime
05-23-2003, 2:02 PM
Sweet! :)

I love that soldier, or whatever he is.
 FiNLuX
05-23-2003, 2:07 PM
Originally posted by Prime
Sweet! :)

I love that soldier, or whatever he is.

yeah! :P
 PrimoSidone
05-23-2003, 4:20 PM
Amazing what that Q3 engine can still do after so much time
 Taos
05-24-2003, 2:48 AM
I think it will be quite cool to ride on a taun taun. Thanks for keeping us up to date here. :D
 Solbe M'ko
05-24-2003, 2:51 AM
"Wrunna wrunn!" *falls in snow* *slice* "Ugh! I thought they smelled bad.... on the outside (pant)."

The Taun taun's face looked strange. It looked almost stygian. I remember the taun tauns haveing some fur on their faces, and less klingon-esqu ridges. The tail also looked al bit blocky. Still, I'm happy to see new models.
 The Count
05-24-2003, 6:37 PM
Originally posted by Solbe M'ko
"Wrunna wrunn!" *falls in snow* *slice* "Ugh! I thought they smelled bad.... on the outside (pant)."

The Taun taun's face looked strange. It looked almost stygian. I remember the taun tauns haveing some fur on their faces, and less klingon-esqu ridges. The tail also looked al bit blocky. Still, I'm happy to see new models.

Do you complain about everything?
 StormHammer
05-24-2003, 6:45 PM
Originally posted by Count_D00ku
Do you complain about everything?

Erm..he's just stating his opinion, as far as I can see. And everyone's entitled to do that*. :)

*caveat: in a reasonable manner

Anyway, I'm inclined to agree in this instance, about the Tauntaun body. There seem to be a few sharp angles there...and it would be nice if they could be smoothed out a little. ;)

As for the head...hmmm...I also don't remember very prominent ridges. But perhaps this is a slightly different breed of Tauntaun. Maybe Tauntauns on Hoth are like big cats on Earth...they come in lots of varieties. :p
 Solbe M'ko
05-24-2003, 11:37 PM
"I know! I'll be a taun-taun tamer!"
*cracks whip, splitting lip*

*Thirty years later...*

"This one!"

*Drinks from jewel encrusted cup; ages 200 years in ten seconds*
 Emon
05-25-2003, 1:42 AM
Not every Taun Taun is alike you know.
 HertogJan
05-25-2003, 5:35 AM
Originally posted by Emon
Not every Taun Taun is alike you know.

They'll probably be in JA though ;)
 Kurgan
05-25-2003, 7:02 AM
I wonder.. will they squirt out transparent guts when cut in the belly with a lightsaber?

Probably not, but I can dream can't I? ; )
 Uber_Saber
05-25-2003, 10:26 PM
"I want to be a Tauntaun tamer!"

"Yes, but if I call up Mr. Aberdale on the phone there, and tell him that I've got a 20-year old former Jedi who wants to be a tauntaun tamer, his first question is not going to be, has he got his own hat."

Looks nice...
 StormHammer
05-25-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
I wonder.. will they squirt out transparent guts when cut in the belly with a lightsaber?

Probably not, but I can dream can't I? ; )

We must share the same taste...I'd like to see that in there as well. :p

:D
 Prime
05-27-2003, 1:11 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
I wonder.. will they squirt out transparent guts when cut in the belly with a lightsaber? Oh NO! Fluffy!!
 Wudan
05-27-2003, 1:24 PM
Hmmm.... Taun Taun guts mod!

While we're at it, why don't we just give the Taun Taun his own lightsaber and have him duel against Joe Camel?
 Mex
05-27-2003, 1:42 PM
Taun Taun? Yippeee! *Puts on Taun Taun hat and runs around* :D
 tFighterPilot
05-27-2003, 6:43 PM
Originally posted by wudan
Hmmm.... Taun Taun guts mod!

While we're at it, why don't we just give the Taun Taun his own lightsaber and have him duel against Joe Camel? lol

I got to admit, that I was a little disappointed from the Taun Taun as well.
 nomad
05-27-2003, 7:04 PM
Originally posted by Uber_Saber
"I want to be a Tauntaun tamer!"

"Yes, but if I call up Mr. Aberdale on the phone there, and tell him that I've got a 20-year old former Jedi who wants to be a tauntaun tamer, his first question is not going to be, has he got his own hat."

Looks nice...

LOL

It's a better start towards becoming a Tauntaun Tamer than perhaps being a Lumberjack.
Perhaps you could start out small. Such as with Kowakian Monkey-Lizards or something.

About the model, if I can ride it - I'm happy.
 Solbe M'ko
05-27-2003, 7:36 PM
What do you have against lumberjacks? They're okay. They sleep all night, and they work all day.

Anyway, in the trailer, it looked like the Taun Taun got hit, but the player's character registered the damage. I would be disappointed if the Taun Taun didn't work like the AT-ST, with it's own health and such.
 Icemaniax
05-28-2003, 5:22 AM
the tuan tuan scares me....the soldier dude looks cool though :)
 leXX
05-28-2003, 8:52 AM
It scares you? What are you gonna be like when you have to fight the Rancor? lol

I think the new models looks great.
 Wudan
05-28-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by leXX
What are you gonna be like when you have to fight the Rancor?[/B]

Well, I'm gonna be like, "Oh !@#*&$#*&! It's a Rancor!"

Then I'll use the force to drop some big rock on his head. Rancors apparently have a weakness for being crushed or impaled.
 Lightsaberboy
05-29-2003, 12:59 AM
there's no space in tauntaun!!! It's "tauntaun"! not "taun taun!"
 StormHammer
05-29-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Lightsaberboy
there's no space in tauntaun!!! It's "tauntaun"! not "taun taun!"

I stand corrected. :) Posts and thread title edited. :cool:
 Icemaniax
05-29-2003, 4:29 PM
actually that all depends on HOW you prnounce it, like when you say it if yo have a space between the words it's Tuan Tuan, but if yo say it as on eword its Tuantuan, so it all depends on how you pronounce it, i pronounce it both ways so i dont really care.
Page: 1 of 1