Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Forum stops responding

Page: 1 of 1
 Jackrabbit
05-19-2003, 5:32 PM
I haven't posted as much lately because it's been very frustrating. I'll be surfing the forums, yada yada, and it will stop responding. ex- I'll click "Reply", and it will say it's loading, but nothing will happen. I've waited 20 min at one point, and nothing. Same happens with opening new posts, trying to vote in polls, etc. I seems to happen after I've been at the board for about 5 min. I was wondering if anybody else has had this problem. I've deleted cookies, temp internet files, scanned for viruses and spyware, and it hasn't helped. Grr...let's hope I can post this.
 Wraith 8
05-19-2003, 6:17 PM
well this post has been received... hmmmm It only happens for the LF? or for other sites aswell? after 5 minutes that is...

uhm uhmm... have you tried clicking more then once on the reply button?
 Jackrabbit
05-19-2003, 9:21 PM
I've tried clicking things multiple times, and it never works. This is also the only site it happens at. I also noticed it seems to happen more often when I have more than one window open (all on the forums).
 J.K Luke
05-20-2003, 12:49 PM
I got that last week, but seems ok now.
 Wraith 8
05-20-2003, 7:17 PM
uhmm do you have some sort of firewall? or do you have something blocked on it?

maybe try to get an upgrade for IE...

i dont think its any of these things.. but i never saw this problem before.. so it MIGHT work :D
 Jackrabbit
05-21-2003, 8:33 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking of reinstalling IE6, or getting a new browser. I'll tell you what happens once I do.
 Wraith 8
05-21-2003, 1:54 PM
Yeah ok.. do that man :D and if it doesnt work.. kick the forums :p
 Obi Peg
05-21-2003, 2:48 PM
It could be your cookies aren't on allow all or....

alternatively I have heard great things about this browser opera from some mates who swear by it.. I am gonna give it a go myself when i can be bothered ;)

Opera Browser (http://www.opera.com/download/index.dml?opsys=Windows&lng=en&platform=Windows)

Gl m8 and hope you solve it soon! :cool:
 Jackrabbit
05-21-2003, 5:51 PM
I actually started downloading it before I came here today because my friend swears by it too :). It's going to take a little while though...56k :|
 -=ReApEr=-
05-21-2003, 5:52 PM
Ie is a bit buggy, your best bet is to reinstall Ie. Or d/l a diffrent broswer. :)
 Jackrabbit
05-22-2003, 1:24 AM
Well, I fixed the problem with the forum slowdown. I had some program on my computer that half installed... I don't know what it was, but I finally got rid of it and everything seems to work now. Weird

I have another problem though. It's not so much forum related...let's see if I can explain this. I keep getting this pop-up window that doesn't pop-up, it just stays on my taskbar. I can't open it, or move it, and my pop-up blocker doesn't catch it. Sometimes it is just titled Microsoft..., other times it is named Yahoo... It's annoying.
 Wraith 8
05-22-2003, 7:40 AM
Yeh i know what that is.... its a pop up that doent really load.
I have Norton firewall 2003 and there is a pop stopper build in.

also to close these things.. just right click on the menu bar and close.... and if they still dont close.... CTRL ALT DELETE and in your task menu close the one :D
 Deft Aklin
05-22-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Wraith 8
also to close these things.. just right click on the menu bar and close.... and if they still dont close.... CTRL ALT DELETE and in your task menu close the one :D

I've found that this normally shuts down Internet Explorer, so be forewarned.
 Wraith 8
05-22-2003, 3:07 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Sidious
I've found that this normally shuts down Internet Explorer, so be forewarned. no thats when IE doesnt react anymore :D
Page: 1 of 1