Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Please Don't Kill The Duels

Page: 1 of 1
 [LJC]ReDMaStEr
05-18-2003, 11:44 PM
The first thing that popped into my mind as soon as I saw the fast paced mad saber swinging action in an E3 clip was: Oh man. Just think what duels are going to turn into now.

I remember in the beginning JO didn't get it right. Butt pirate backstab whores, kickwhores, ect. You remember all the names for the abusers. But now dueling has transformed into a contest of skill. It takes lightning quick reflexes and sharp aiming to be able to compete with the best of the best. The reason why I am worried about JA ruining duels is the fact that the gameplay will be so fast paced there will be no strategy involved like there is now in dueling i.e. Okay he is doing a right red three hit combo. Now if I do this combo at this distance in yellow I will easily knock X hp off of him. I'm afraid JA will just be a mad swingfest with no skill involved. Someone tell me I'm wrong. Please.

Note: When I speak of duels I am talking about No Force Saber Only duels.
 Break_dF
05-19-2003, 1:10 AM
You're... wrong.
 shock ~ unnamed
05-19-2003, 1:27 AM
when I NF duel I just stay in light stance, hold down mouse1 and "RAAAAGGGHHHHHH!!!!" at the guy.

I win about 1/2 of the time.

What does that say about NF?
 Break_dF
05-19-2003, 1:29 AM
I don't know.... you suck at it maybe?

Actually... I will give props to some of the NF guys,well, the guys back a few months ago. Some of them spent a ridiculous amount of time into one of the most boring game aspects of all time. That deserves something.

maybe a kick in the balls...
 taboo
05-19-2003, 1:40 AM
I think Redmaster has a valid point. The same thought crossed my mind a few times while watching the gameplay video. Anyway, we can only really guess until it is released.
 Break_dF
05-19-2003, 1:42 AM
No he doesn't.
 shock ~ unnamed
05-19-2003, 1:52 AM
Originally posted by Break_dF
I don't know.... you suck at it maybe?

stfu noob I retired your ass.

<--- greatest NF player in the history of jk2.
 Break_dF
05-19-2003, 1:55 AM
Originally posted by shock ~ unnamed

<--- greatest NF player in the history of jk2.

oh ****... rpg challenge inc.
 Taos
05-19-2003, 1:56 AM
Is there some reason you guys just can't talk trash to each other in IRC or some other IM chat room?

How about talking about the subject of the thread? Now that's an idea....:rolleyes:
 shock ~ unnamed
05-19-2003, 1:57 AM
you fear my NF 1337ness don't you?

yeah I thought so.

:atat:

/edit I don't like to talk to B on AIM, he makes suggestive comments that make me feel uneasy.

But back on topic, sabers suck now, make them stronger.
 Break_dF
05-19-2003, 2:00 AM
Originally posted by Leemu Taos
Is there some reason you guys just can't talk trash to each other in IRC or some other IM chat room?

How about talking about the subject of the thread? Now that's an idea....:rolleyes:

So, how exactly are you on-topic by posting? Huh? Huh?

And stfu, saber newbie unnamed. I would come drop/own you on the shock server but I'm banned.

/edit: you know you like to role play on aim... And as far as the topic at hand goes: service counters should not be made of wood. I mean.. think of the germs.
 Taos
05-19-2003, 2:07 AM
Originally posted by Break_dF
So, how exactly are you on-topic by posting? Huh? Huh?

That shouldn't be too difficult to figure out since I'm the moderator of this forum.

Both of you better just quit this crap and Break, you are | | this close to a temp ban, I suggest you change your ways.
Page: 1 of 1