Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

did you like the lucasarts trailer.

Page: 1 of 1
 JEDI OUTCAST
05-17-2003, 7:22 PM
the jedi academy trailer to me rocked do you like the trailer or did you not like the trailer.
 The Count
05-17-2003, 7:48 PM
I voted yes, however I question the significance of this poll.
 Solbe M'ko
05-17-2003, 11:57 PM
it was to short and too fast. Now the Armed and Dangerous trailer, that looks good. I'm glad to see Lucasarts go back to it's old school humor. (The Monkey Island 4 demo was so resident evil like that I didn't bother to get the game *wipes away tear*)
 HertogJan
05-18-2003, 7:32 AM
I liked the JO trailer better, this one is a bit too hasty :) But of course the action is faster in JA, so it makes sense :) Don't get me wrong, I really liked the trailer of JA :D
 SettingShadow
05-18-2003, 9:20 AM
I haven't even seen the JO trailer.. heck, I didn't even know the game was being made untill I saw a link to the official site where I downloaded the demo, some time after I had finnished the demo like a million times I bought it. :D

Now, to the JA trailer.. I liked it, I just think all went by too fast, other than that, it was great. :D
 PrimoSidone
05-18-2003, 10:16 AM
I think it rocks
 Sam Fisher
05-18-2003, 10:33 AM
It owned:D

But it just looks like a REALLY big Mod for SP. Same combos sometime.
 Necrosis
05-18-2003, 11:06 AM
Your all biased. Look at it again, closer. There was alot of parts that didn't even look good... and it doesn't even look that big of a difference from jk2.

It was okay, just not great.
 StormHammer
05-18-2003, 1:25 PM
The trailer was good, but not great. Firstly, it was quite dark, so it was sometimes hard to see what was going on. Secondly...it was not very smooth, and I think there were a lot of dropped frames, which made some of the animation appear a bit jerky.

So I'm not going to judge the game by the trailer. As others have said, the JO trailer at the time did not really reflect the quality of the game itself in motion, and the same is true here.

Having said all that, I liked the new stuff that I saw, and I can't wait to get my sweaty mitts on it...
 Wacky_Baccy
05-18-2003, 1:31 PM
You took the words right out of my mouth, Stormy :D

I don't dislike the trailer for being a bit too fast, but mostly because I was expecting it to be like that since JO's trailer was... It could've done with being a bit brighter though, but there was a nice mix of things in there... I just hope they release a higher-res, higher quality, and longer trailer soon so we can see more of the glory of JA :D

I wonder which PC mag will get an exclusive first this time around...
 Taos
05-18-2003, 1:57 PM
I enjoyed the trailer, but it did not blow me away.....of course that was pretty good considering it was the first trailer. There is still much to be done with the game, so I'm going to be patient. I'm sure the next one will be incredible. :)
 griff38
05-20-2003, 4:15 PM
Very disapointed.

Looks like warmed over JKO. Or Some JKO Mod.

Whats the point?

But that was all SP crap so who cares, I will withhold judgement till I see some MP stuff.
 tFighterPilot
05-20-2003, 5:31 PM
Some games is better on trailers, and some on words, this one is better on words.

KOTOR, for example, got great trailers. :bdroid1:

Well, it's gonna be a great game too. :)

The JA trailer focused too much on the sabers.

I liked the tauntaun parts.

Overall, I've seen beter. :bounfire:
 Luc Solar
05-20-2003, 5:54 PM
It was cool. :)

One question though: Where are all the kick-azz guns?? Explosions? :confused:
 PrimoSidone
05-20-2003, 6:09 PM
Lets just hope the next trailer will be better
 Emon
05-20-2003, 7:01 PM
To those who think the game is a simple rehash or mod for JO:

http://www.jediknightii.net/e3_academy.shtml)
 HertogJan
05-21-2003, 6:05 AM
Originally posted by Emon
To those who think the game is a simple rehash or mod for JO:

http://www.jediknightii.net/e3_academy.shtml)

They're not saying it's a mod, but it sure does look a lot like JO, maybe even more than it should. But then again, JO was great so JA will be great too!
 Prime
05-21-2003, 1:39 PM
After seeing the JO trailer way back, I'm of a mind not to make any conclusions based on a preview like this.
 Taos
05-21-2003, 1:45 PM
Originally posted by PrimoSidone
Lets just hope the next trailer will be better

Of course it will be, there work is still in progress. I remember the first KOTOR trailer - it was ok at best, but I knew there would be improvements. Which leads me to the third and latest Knights trailer which was incredible. My point is, there is lots of time.....I'm sure you will see improvements in their next trailer. :)
 Tyler_Durden
05-22-2003, 3:52 AM
The trailer was good but there was one thing that kept it from being great. The guy playing the game was all over the place. he had absolutely no skill whatsoever, slicing and dicing like a bitch. Had it been more controlled, it would have been awesome.... But still it showed the game and what's in store for us. and for that i know it will be even better than outcast.
 SettingShadow
05-22-2003, 6:42 AM
Originally posted by Tyler_Durden
The trailer was good but there was one thing that kept it from being great. The guy playing the game was all over the place. he had absolutely no skill whatsoever, slicing and dicing like a bitch. Had it been more controlled, it would have been awesome.... But still it showed the game and what's in store for us. and for that i know it will be even better than outcast.

It's meant to show what the game has to offer, not to show of saber skill. :D Take the Rebel Strike trailer, the guy playing was propably just holding down the green A button (shooting all the time). :D
 Tyler_Durden
05-22-2003, 7:12 PM
I haven't seen the rebel strike trailer yet. But really if you want to show what a game has to offer at least make it look like you know what you're doing. But in all honesty, anyone in these forums who doesn't know what JA has to offer has obviously not played outcast. I just think a presentation that would show a controlled saber duel between you and the enemy instead of running around like a headless chicken slicing and dicing would be a lot more attractive to prospective gamers. But i don't work in the marketing department at lucasarts so i probably don't have a clue as to what i'm talking about... wouldn't be the first time either. But either way ithis is all pretty moot as this game will sell well. You'll buy it, I'll buy it, everyone's gonna buy it.
 Stormtrooper X
05-24-2003, 5:02 AM
rocked... but too short. I wanna see character customisation and lightsaber construction and blade customisation!
 SlapNut
05-24-2003, 6:20 AM
i still cant get it to fully load, but so its not that great
 Echuu Shen-Jon
05-24-2003, 8:19 AM
I don't think it rocked, but don't think it sucked either. Personally I don't think, that we get very much information about the game. And when the official page don't grant us much info either...

Couldn't some mod make two choices more? Like: It was okay and I didn't like it that much.
Page: 1 of 1