Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can I change factions?

Page: 1 of 1
 Bzrk
05-17-2003, 9:02 AM
Well, can I? Does anyone know?
 Jan Gaarni
05-17-2003, 10:45 AM
Yes .. always .. back and forth. :)
 UnfrozenCaveman
05-17-2003, 12:47 PM
Yes, you can change factions. Although the farther you go with one faction the more you'll have to do to get with the other faction. It's on a point scale, and you trade in those factions points for rewards within a faction. So, you are a pilot of an AT-AT but decide you'd rather be with the Rebels. It'll take some time (a lot of it) to convert over to the rebels, maybe a lot of gameplay in battlefields where you choose rebels or what not. It is possible though.
 Bzrk
05-17-2003, 3:37 PM
Owke! I didn't know that yet......thanx:D
 StarCords
05-17-2003, 7:15 PM
If you're not extremely skilled, you'll probably get a big fat bounty on your head though.
 Lord_Vessen
05-18-2003, 4:13 PM
I won't get a bounty on my head for that, I just the uncany nak to piss people off.:D
 Jatari Bazrak
05-23-2003, 1:06 PM
I would think the higher you got in the ranks the Bigger the bounty would be.
 Lord_Vessen
05-23-2003, 9:50 PM
Yes, you can change factions. Although the farther you go with one faction the more you'll have to do to get with the other faction. It's on a point scale, and you trade in those factions points for rewards within a faction. So, you are a pilot of an AT-AT but decide you'd rather be with the Rebels. It'll take some time (a lot of it) to convert over to the rebels, maybe a lot of gameplay in battlefields where you choose rebels or what not. It is possible though.
He's right, its like if Vader went to rebels, it would take along time to get there. He would also have to prove he was loyal to them.
 setsuko
05-23-2003, 11:01 PM
Vader: "Aaaaw, shoot!*kiii-ooosh* Why can't you let me join and play?*kiiii-oooosh*"

Mon Mothma: "We told you! You are imperial! We are rebels! So we won't let you enter our secret treehouse! Not even if you knew the magic password!"

Vader: *kiii-ooosh* "But I wanna go with you to the Toshi Staaation! And if you won't let me join, I'm gonna tell on you to your mom!*kiii-ooosh*"

*Admiral Ackbar whispers in the ear of Mon Mothma*

Mon Mothma: "Ok, Ackbar says he'll be grounded if his mom gets angry at him again, so we'll let you enter. But only for today!"

Vader: "Sweet! *kiii-ooosh**kiiii-oooosh*"
 Lord_Vessen
05-23-2003, 11:20 PM
Lol, that's one way of saying it.
 Damarius
05-24-2003, 1:49 AM
You can change your faction but can you cancel it so you are nuetral? Also if you are a declared member when you start working for the opposite faction your membership goes away correct? One other point to look into would be if your faction contributes to whether you can unlock the jedi.
 Lord_Vessen
05-24-2003, 2:55 AM
It would be unfair if it took a certain faction. Also every Jedi wannabe would be on that faction.
 Jackrabbit
05-24-2003, 9:59 AM
Maybe you have to go through neutral to get to the other faction.
 Lord_Vessen
05-24-2003, 12:58 PM
Maybe so, but thank goodness it isn't just a switcheroo press of a button. Cause then there would be the people that keep switching back and forth so as not to get in trouble. Or be on the winning side of a battle.
 big_bob_the1st
06-22-2003, 8:11 PM
ah, so much like real life. I think playing both sides against the middle will be the funnest, u just walk on a really fine line. U could end up insulting both sides and have a number of bounty's on ur head (or one really big one). Then u'd be forced to avoid civilisation. Be all alone... by the way, if u had a bounty on ur head, how would other players know about it. Would it float over ur head or something???
 Jatari Bazrak
06-22-2003, 9:22 PM
well at the bounty terminal bounty hunters can get a random mission it think and then you can choose to accept that mission and if you are the bounty then you get a message telling you there is a bounty hunter on your tail now and then you can kill him and he can also kill you and claim your bounty.
 big_bob_the1st
06-23-2003, 3:48 PM
oh right, i guess that would be nerve racking. KNowing some1's on ur tail. Safety in numbers i guess. haha, didn't work for the empire in the end
 Dathan Surehand
06-25-2003, 11:20 AM
Hey Vessen, DS, I have another question regarding factions.

I recieved faction points for things I didn't know were faction oriented in beta. Is there a place on the mission terminal that tells you if its Rebel or Imperial? I don't remember seeing anything. Then again all it seemed I was doing was fed-exing.

Vess, you were in beta right?
Page: 1 of 1