Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Apple or Windows

Page: 1 of 1
 Snafu7
05-16-2003, 11:08 PM
What do you think?
 Darth Groovy
05-16-2003, 11:47 PM
:rolleyes: Commodore...
 Lynk Former
05-17-2003, 12:49 AM
...you guys really need to find something GOOD to talk about...
 Taos
05-17-2003, 1:08 AM
Originally posted by swgbking
What do you think?

I think the next time you make a new thread, that you should provide some kind of background info that will help aid in the discussion that you are looking to achieve. Simply asking the question "what do you think" really doesn't dig deep into a person's brain IMHO. You should also ask [i]why a person feels that way and hopefully they will give an answer with some points to back themselves up.

Now I know this doesn't happen all the time, but this forum has seen some pretty bad threads recently and the only way it's going to improve, is to get some good discussion going. :cool:
 Rogue15
05-17-2003, 2:00 AM
I agree with Leemu. Don't just ask a question, make the topic WORTH something, and you will get more replies, and we ALL know 1 REPLY = +2 POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: If you want points, just state in your signature what you want and someone will probably be generous enough to give you some.

Now if you want to earn points the correct way, post thought provoking threads or polls, ones that will make the person think before answering, and not provoke one-line replies, but instead sentences on what their thoughts and opinions on the subject are, otherwise you won't get to know the person who replied and it'll just end up looking like every other thread, which is a bad thing.

if none of that made any sense, it is because I am a little tired and upset to see every other member posting a topic just to "+2!"
 wassup
05-17-2003, 3:28 AM
Um...we have had 4 mods in here complain...so why isn't it closed yet? :confused:
 Lynk Former
05-17-2003, 4:24 AM
cause i'm not grumpy... *looks at thread...* yeah might as well you can tell ppl are just gonna walts in here and start bitching...

myu!
 Rogue15
05-17-2003, 2:36 PM
i'm reopening it. now swgbking, tell us why this poll is important or risk it getting closed again.
 Darth Eggplant
05-17-2003, 5:14 PM
tonight I am seeing the Matrix Reloaded again
weeeee!!!!!:cool: since this thread seems to be
blowing in da wind.
 Snafu7
05-17-2003, 6:07 PM
Me and my freind are doing a report on apple computers and windows, and this is for that.
 Random
05-17-2003, 9:30 PM
Talk about a short report.
 teutonicknight
05-18-2003, 3:42 AM
Um... i'm not a computer geek or anything (well, I am, but thats not the point).... but Apple is the company that makes Mac OS based computers, while Windows is the main OS for PC's (x86 based computers), so shouldn't this thread be titled 'Apple or PC'?, or 'Mac vs Windows'? And what about Linux!? Or FreeBSD?

Whatever :rolleyes:

Beyond that, you didn't have a reason as to why we should pick one or the other... Like what criteria are we picking one for? For multimedia? For gaming? For computer graphics? For general use? For OS? For functionality?
 Lynk Former
05-18-2003, 4:35 AM
Exactly the thread is VERY sketchy, all you have is a simple 2 option question. Nothing more, if you're meant to do a report should you really ask more than Apple or Windows? And like the others said there's more than just "apple" and "windows"... *sigh* anywayz this thread is pretty damn silly, you really should have asked us in more detail...
 Wraith 8
05-18-2003, 7:47 PM
are you going to post this in every forum? read GeeBee.. there is my answer.
 wassup
05-18-2003, 9:30 PM
btw swgbking your sig is really funny...:D

Please lick the link below to see my army. If you can, I ask that you click it one time a day
 ZBomber
05-18-2003, 10:49 PM
Well, no one has given their answer yet... after 14 replies.. .o.O

I guess Windows....
Page: 1 of 1